This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• The Enigma of Bikini Bottom.
    That was really disturbing and I don't know why.
    You think that's disturbing, you should read what it's based on!
  • You think that's disturbing, you should readwhat it's based on!
    I did before you even posted that. Leave it to Junji Ito to come up with some truly fucked up shit. I'm afraid to read Uzumaki just from having read the summaries of it.
  • Oh, I feel the same way about Uzumaki. I have a feeling I'll wind up reading it eventually, but right now just the Wikipedia summary of it is freaky enough.
  • Fastest production car in the world. Yes, faster than a Veyron.
  • Coach K
    Then you need this one too:

Don't you go to Illinois? BIG TEN CHALLENGE BIG TEN CHALLENGE BIG TEN CHALLENGE
  • CBS somehow wants to make a viral ad...and it is good!
  • After two years of having my life ruined by mild clinical depression, I've begun looking at ways to get treated and some of my family are supporting me.

I'm also having my hair shaped on Saturday, will be shorter and less rock star but more afro shaped.
  • I've begun looking at ways to get treated and some of my family are supporting me.
    Congratulations. That's wonderful; having family support is a huge thing. It really helps to take the pressure off. My mom was incredibly supportive when I had my breakdown, and she's pretty much what got me through it.
  • edited December 2009
    WANT!!!!1111!!!!

*At the office* Oh mans, I have a really bad headache. Guess I'll take this headache remedy that comes in a convenient pill form, wink, wink.

Why yes, Officers, I'll take your breathalyzer test. It will read zero-point-zero. HA HA!
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Unicorn vs. Narwhal flash game. Crappy controls and gameplay, but I adore the idea of it.
  • Don't you go to Illinois?BIG TEN CHALLENGE BIG TEN CHALLENGE BIG TEN CHALLENGE
    Indeed I do.
  • Unicorn vs. Narwhal flash game.Crappy controls and gameplay, but I adore the idea of it.
    Funny game but you can figure it out how to always win after a few rounds :p
  • I'm now using the Google DNS. ^_^
  • To anyone who has installed the newest Firefox 3.5.5, can you give me some advice? The address bar won't seem to drop down when I press the arrow button on it. It works, but the fact that I can't click the scroll down button is irritating. Any advice?

Also, Californication is a great series. :D
  • I just spontaneously watched the last ten episodes of Bonus Stage. I'm amazed that I still found it hilarious.
  • edited December 2009
    Also, I just received a message from the Deputy Prime Minister of England. It looked exactly like this -

Also, this - it takes a minute, but the payoff is worth it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Indeed I do.
    Well then your basketball team had a hell of a game a few nights ago too.
  • I'm now using the Google DNS. ^_^
    Is it worth it? Does it have any actual noticeable advantages?
  • Indeed I do.
    Well then your basketball team had a hell of a game a few nights ago too.
    Yeah, I'm interested in seeing what happens with the team this year.
  • For all of you who have a fascination for gods and other mythological beings, I have found a site called Godchecker.
  • Some friends of mine being way more awesome with their juggling than I am:
  • Also, otters are awesome:
  • Damn. I mean, damn.

• Legion of Extrordinary Dancers:
  • Denis Avey is a remarkable man by any measure. A courageous and determined soldier in World War II, he was captured by the Germans and imprisoned in a camp connected to the Germans' largest concentration camp, Auschwitz.

But his actions while in the camp - which he has never spoken about until now - are truly extraordinary. When millions would have done anything to get out, Mr Avey repeatedly smuggled himself into the camp.

Denis Avey: "They knew they'd only last five months"

Now 91 and living in Derbyshire, he says he wanted to witness what was going on inside and find out the truth about the gas chambers, so he could tell others. He knows he took "a hell of a chance".

"When you think about it in today's environment it is ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous," he says.

"You wouldn't think anyone would think or do that, but that is how I was. I had red hair and a temperament to match. Nothing would stop me."

He arranged to swap for one night at a time with a Jewish inmate he had come to trust. He exchanged his uniform for the filthy, stripy garments the man had to wear. For the Auschwitz inmate it meant valuable food and rest in the British camp, while for Denis it was a chance to gather facts on the inside.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8382457.stm

Damn...
  • Damn. I mean,damn.
    Holy shit. So you're gonna get that slingshot, then?