This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Not my thing of the day, but my thing of the day couple of weeks ago. I just hadn't taken the picture and uploaded it.
    So, the story behind that one. At university we have this room at the IT-building that is kind of a student lounge and in the ceiling there is a little hole, so there had been talk about ceiling cat being in that hole, so one day one student came there and pulled that from his back witch was put in the ceiling and there it still is scaring people.
  • It snowed, I finished reading MW, I got tickets for an outdoor hockey game of the austrian national league (think NHL Winter Classic, but a bit smaller and in a soccer stadium) and the Flyers finally kicked John Stevens to the curb and hired a real coach in Peter Laviolette, the man I wanted to get that job. Yesterday was a good day.
  • Damn. I mean,damn.
    Holy shit. So you're gonna get that slingshot, then?
    You bet I am.
    Also, It's gonna be a long night tonight - The Kinky Event (Drumming up business, and seeing some old friends), then finding something to do till 10 AM, when the radio show starts, then coming home and finishing painting one of the rooms in the house - It's going to be a right ball ache, but it'll be fun.
  • edited December 2009

Equipment Waiting to be used in Iraq.

Post edited by Alan on
  • edited December 2009
    I went to a party last night, which turned out ok (not fantastic). But then, when I got home at 5am, I was chatting with an acquaintance at UR. I suggested smoking hookah sometime, and she replied "why not now?" So, she came over and we talked for a few hours. We both took a nap, then went to the clutter store (run by an old hippie woman on Park Ave), where my friend bought an old architectural catalogue and I tried absinth for the first time. It was actually quite good.

+1 new friend, +1 beverage appreciation, +50 EXP
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited December 2009
    Video
    Oh, Hey! I attended a test firing there when I was in high school.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I'm live an online At LSRFM.com, doing the radio show, spinning tunes. Army of the Pharaohs, Hell yeah.
  • Even though it was sad to see one of the original members of Freezepop leave the band (the Duke of Pannekoeken to be precise) I am ecstatic because there are now four members of Freezepop now. The newest editions are Robert John "Bananas" Foster and Christmas Disco Marie Sagan, let the new rocking commence.
  • Even though it was sad to see one of the original members of Freezepop leave the band (the Duke of Pannekoeken to be precise) I am ecstatic because there are nowfourmembers of Freezepop now. The newest editions are Robert John "Bananas" Foster and Christmas Disco Marie Sagan, let the new rocking commence.
    FOUR MEMBERS of Freezepop!? Why, that's...that's...truly outrageous.

• edited December 2009
    For those musicnerds out there, this blew my mind. Completely. I'd suggest listening with good quality headphones, particularly if they deliver a strong bass. University of Chicago - Magic (Ben Folds)
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • edited December 2009
    For those musicnerds out there, this blew my mind. Completely. I'd suggest listening with good quality headphones, particularly if they deliver a strong bass.University of Chicago - Magic (Ben Folds)
    Awesome! That's the best A cappella arrangement I've ever heard.

Also, there's this:

Post edited by Walker on
  • 11 People, 7.5 Hours, 5 parts, 1 Ustream account:

$25,000+ Donated to the Ronald McDonald Charity

They are still collecting donations until Wednesday.
  • Twilight Intervention
    How did that man not get torn apart by an angry mob?
  • edited December 2009
    Twilight Intervention
    And wasn't that the guy from that god-awful Comedy Central show a while back?

If so, he's redeemed himself tenfold.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited December 2009
    Twilight Intervention
    And wasn't that the guy from that god-awful Comedy Central show a while back?

If so, he's redeemed himself tenfold.
    I don't know who he is or how he survived, but I've got a great idea for the next Twilight movie...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I don't know who he is or how he survived, but I've got a great idea for the next Twilight movie...
    Me too, especially given the concentration of suburbanite teen girls fancying themselves the IRL Bella Swan near my home.

Aside: an FRCF meetup at a Twilight: Eclipse screening would have the potentiality to be an epic night of madness.
  • For those musicnerds out there, this blew my mind. Completely. I'd suggest listening with good quality headphones, particularly if they deliver a strong bass.University of Chicago - Magic (Ben Folds)
    Awesome! That's the best A cappella arrangement I've ever heard.

Also, there's this:

I was starting to get pissed until about a minute when they started playing the right song.
  • Quentin tarintino, doing an Ad in Japan.
  • Stephen Colbert demonstrates how awesome a nuclear explosion is:
  • While I apparently missed their New York meeting this past weekend, SkeptiCamp looks interesting and I will attempt to attend their next NY meeting.
  • This is more of a failure, but it was too funny to pass up. Via Yuko's blog: Beginning Cartooning: How to draw Asian Women.
  • Something that rocked my socks off!

Bohemian Rhapsody...Muppets Style!
  • The thing is that I found Regresty. The fail is that I found Regresty. Sigh.
  • The thing is that I found Regresty. The fail is that I found Regresty.Sigh.
    I want to unclick that.
  • So, this TotD require a bit of a preface. Basically, I'm dangerously close to falling of the 40k bandwagon and rebooting my force of Ultramarines (for the Emperor), especially after 2 conversations I had last night, one of which included the Litany of Hate, line by line. Luckily enough, I discovered that GW has rereleased Space Hulk, and my Emperor, does it look gorgeous.

However, I'm still struggling with the urge to stroll into a GW Shop and plop down for a set of marines with all the fixins...