This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• So, this TotD require a bit of a preface. Basically, I'm dangerously close to falling of the 40k bandwagon and rebooting my force of Ultramarines (for the Emperor), especially after 2 conversations I had last night, one of which included the Litany of Hate, line by line. Luckily enough, I discovered that GW has rereleasedSpace Hulk, and my Emperor, does it look gorgeous.

However, I'm still struggling with the urge to stroll into a GW Shop and plop down for a set of marines with all the fixins...
    I keep meaning to get back into 40k. One of these days, I'ma bust out the old armies and finish painting them, and take 'em for a spin. I know they released a new rulebook, so I aim to "acquire" it and some of the new codexes and see what's going on.
  • Yeah, in order to get the 1/3 of an army I own back up to speed, every mini is going to have to be treated to a bath of thinner and repainted, and the dreadnought I have will require a set of bitz to replace on of his arms, just as some of the tactical squads will require new armaments.

Also, GW just released these Legion of the Damned elite squads for use with any chapter of marines, and I have some powerful figurine-lust for those guys.
  • Greatest. Action. Sequence. Ever.

In all seriousness this is a great movie that you have to get if you are a fan of any old style action movie.
  • edited December 2009
    Man, I went to Taco Bell for food today cause I was lazy and the dishes were an INSANE STACK, but it was worth it when I pulled up to the window and saw the workers hurling tacos and bags and each other. The manager who was there even said, "Hey, not in front of the customers!"

Also if Harmonix puts this song into Rock Band, I'll be their coffee fetching slave.

Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Also, GW just released theseLegion of the Damnedelite squads for use with any chapter of marines, and I have some powerful figurine-lust for those guys.
    Fuck me, those are hot. I have an older LotD squad (like 2nd ed old) and these new guys are much prettier.

Fuck you, Games Workshop. Fuck you and your shiny toys.
  • edited December 2009
    Also if Harmonix puts this song into Rock Band, I'll be their coffee fetching slave.
    Goddammit, I love Yes so much. It's the prog that keeps on progressing.
    Also, GW just released theseLegion of the Damnedelite squads for use with any chapter of marines, and I have some powerful figurine-lust for those guys.
    Fuck me, those are hot. I have an older LotD squad (like 2nd ed old) and these new guys are much prettier.

Fuck you, Games Workshop. Fuck you and your shiny toys.
    Yeah, they're sexy as hell. However, I've decided to hold off on my GW kick and get some Euro games instead. I have a feeling that the cost:fun ratio of Galaxy Trucker and Puerto Rico (and maybe Agricola) will be greater than 40k in the long run.

However, the Caiphas Cain omnibus did make it onto my Christmas list. And I'll probably just buy DoWII.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Double-posting for everyone's benefit:

Threadless Tees is having a holiday sale until 10a CST tomorrow morning. Every tee on the site (even their $25 Select line) are 9 dollars each. I might buy 10, this is such a kickass deal.

Have at it, you rascals.
  • Not my thing of the day, but my thing of the day couple of weeks ago. I just hadn't taken the picture and uploaded it.
    (picture of ceiling cat)
    So, the story behind that one. At university we have this room at the IT-building that is kind of a student lounge and in the ceiling there is a little hole, so there had been talk about ceiling cat being in that hole, so one day one student came there and pulled that from his back witch was put in the ceiling and there it still is scaring people.
    I work at the Craft Center at GT and my manager told us we could paint the ceiling tiles. Of course this was a perfect ceiling cat opportunity for me.
  • I work at the Craft Center at GT and my manager told us we could paint the ceiling tiles. Of course this was a perfect ceiling cat opportunity for me.
    That is up there with Ro's Mario needlepoint on my list of "Most kickass crafts ever."
  • I work at the Craft Center at GT and my manager told us we could paint the ceiling tiles. Of course this was a perfect ceiling cat opportunity for me.
    That is up there with Ro's Mario needlepoint on my list of "Most kickass crafts ever."
    Another vote from me!
    Another vote from me!
    You should see the Jayne hat she made me.
  • Small Worlds is a very interesting flash game that you probably should play with the sound on.
    Awesome.
  • edited December 2009
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • File this under REALLY retro awesome.
  • Hey guys, Michael Bay made a Victoria's Secret commercial. It's very important to watch it to the end to get the full joke.
  • Hey guys, Michael Bay made a Victoria's Secret commercial. It's very important to watch it to the end to get the full joke.
    If there is a joke there, it isn't really funny. This isn't a feminist thing, I just don't see a joke here.
  • If there is a joke there, it isn't really funny. This isn't a feminist thing, I just don't see a joke here.
    The joke is that all of what makes a Michael Bay movie makes a good lingerie commercial. That and the explosion at the end, that was pretty funny while in context.
  • The Tetris God (is kind of a dick)
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1924722
    That was perfect.
  • Just because so many people are complaining about how cold it is in the northwest.

• edited December 2009
    The Lawyer's Coloring Book. I am a Lawyer. Lawyers are important. These are my underpants. Color my underpants important!
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • The Lawyer's Coloring Book. I am a Lawyer. Lawyers are important. These are my underpants. Color my underpants important!
    I feel like I should print this out, bind it, then wrap it up and give it to my artist friend as a present. If I had a lawyer friend, I would give it to them instead.
  • The Lawyer's Coloring Book. I am a Lawyer. Lawyers are important. These are my underpants. Color my underpants important!
    The funniest part was seeing the picture/caption about the senior partner, and then the picture captioned "THIS IS MY WIFE."
    I feel like I should print this out, bind it, then wrap it up and give it to my artist friend as a present. If I had a lawyer friend, I would give it to them instead.
    Time to give this to my lawyer friend.
  • If anything, Canadian football has the greatest celebration dances:
  • If anything, Canadian football has the greatest celebration dances:
    Isn't stuff like this banned in the NFL, though? That's the only reason Canadia would have the "greatest" ;)