This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

This is a photo taken by a friend of mine for a weekly themed photo challenge. This week's theme? "Light & Darkness"
  • The Lawyer's Coloring Book. I am a Lawyer. Lawyers are important. These are my underpants. Color my underpants important!
    The paralegals and staff found this hilarious. I doubt I will forward it to the attorneys, though. Some of it probably hits too close to home.
  • If you are a Macross then this would very well make you day, if you have enough money
  • If you are a Macross thenthiswould very well make you day, if you have enough money
    How the hell do you draw an airplane in marker with no underdrawing? Goddammit.
  • edited December 2009
    If you are a Macross thenthiswould very well make you day, if you have enough money
    How the hell do you draw an airplane in marker with no underdrawing? Goddammit.
    By doing it a lot?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • How the hell do you draw an airplane in marker with no underdrawing? Goddammit.
    By doing it a lot?
    I would've also accepted "by being a much, much, much better artist than I am."
  • How the hell do you draw an airplane in marker with no underdrawing? Goddammit.
    By doing it a lot?
    I would've also accepted "by being a much, much, much better artist than I am."
    Meh. I bet if the majority of your career was spent drawing airplanes, mechs, vehicles, etc. that it really would just be second nature. I doubt he started out with the ability.
  • edited December 2009
    Meh. I bet if the majority of your career was spent drawing airplanes, mechs, vehicles, etc. that it really would just be second nature. I doubt he started out with the ability.
    Oh, totally. I know it just comes from tons of practice and experience. I was expressing my amazement, and a bit of despair at how far I have to go. It's like when a guitar player hears Yngwie Malmsteen or something.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Meh. I bet if the majority of your career was spent drawing airplanes, mechs, vehicles, etc. that it really would just be second nature. I doubt he started out with the ability.
    Oh, totally. I know it just comes from tons of practice and experience. I was expressing my amazement, and a bit of despair at how far I have to go. It's like when a guitar player hears Yngwie Malmsteen or something.
    Okay, I just didn't want you to be down on yourself, because - ahem - damn, you have amazing talent and have already attained incredible skill!
  • Okay, I just didn't want you to be down on yourself, because - ahem -damn, you have amazing talent and have already attained incredible skill!
    Awwwwwwwww, shucks. Thanks, Kate. Seriously, like probably all artists, I go through phases of feeling pretty good about my skills, and feeling like a hack -- sometimes almost at the same time. I think it's actually a goood attitude to have -- it keeps me eager to improve. When you start to feel like you're just awesome, that's when you fall off. :)
  • I can't even guess why, but this makes me feel giddy. I can physically feel it in my chest.
  • [video]
    My thing of the day: I could read that guy's name! That's the first time I've read something in Japanese just by glancing at it (rather than getting in a "reading mode")
  • Perpetual energy, here we come.
  • edited December 2009
    I want open-sourced plans for that so I can power some neat clockworks on it.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • It makes me think of some really fun carnival rides.
  • Thing of the day 1:I might have some consistent freelancing.
    Thing of the day 2: It's only 15 minutes away. It has been my shortest commute to work eva!
    Thing of the day 3: It's a t-shirt design company and It's more traditional art work then digital art work!
    Thing of the day 4: They own many licenses. I looked around the servers and found copies of Brutal legends art work(awesome btw) and style guides. There are plenty more. Hooray!
  • [awesome job]
    Whoa! Good luck!
  • I can't even guess why, but this makes me feel giddy. I can physically feel it in my chest.
    I just looked up the math on double pendulums before you wrote that post. GET OUT OF MY MIND.
  • edited December 2009
    The Old Republic MMORPG...From BioWare.

EDIT: And I usually hate MMOs...
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited December 2009
    The Old Republic MMORPG...From BioWare.
    Welcome to over a year ago...

Post edited by Walker on
  • The Old Republic MMORPG...From BioWare.
    Welcome to over a year ago...
    I was only just informed. It's the Thing of My Day.
  • My folks are moving to Phoenix; should be fun.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    This will be one of my student projects at film school. I'm willing to take on the challenge both as a test for myself and my respect for the author in question.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    Can I ask everyone in the forums a question, and please be honest if you care enough to reply. Do you guys find it annoying that I talk about film all the time?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Can I ask everyone in the forums a question, and please be honest if you care enough to reply. Do you guys find it annoying that I talk about film all the time?
    Talk about film? No.
    All the time? Yes.
    I believe there is a saying about such things, "All things in moderation."
  • "All things in moderation."
    Especially cocaine!
  • As long as you're not melodramatic about it, no.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    Well the thing is, film is really all I know and it's my primary geekery.
    As long as you're not melodramatic about it, no.
    Define melodramatic in this context if you please?

EDIT: Are there any other film buffs/enthusiasts/geeks/nuts out there on the forums? I sorta feel like I'm alone in that sense.
    Post edited by Geo on