This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• These have feature-length film written all over them.
    Also the best use of Blender I have ever seen.
    What the hell? If you're going to post shit, don't hype it up with bullshit. The best use of Blender? Are you high? A slow animation leading to a minute long static screen?

If you want to see what Blender can do, check out the open source movie, Big Buck Bunny:

How is what I posted shit and my comments bullshit?
  • How is what I posted shit and my comments bullshit?
    Look again at the videos you posted. They are shit. I've never used Blender, but I could probably learn how to do a better job than those examples in a day or two. Just listen to the music of the second video. It's awful. And the first video is interesting for about a second, then has a minute of useless static image at the end. I spent a minute of my life on that, scrolling back and forth, wondering if I've missed something. Shit.

Your comments are bullshit because if you're going to say something like "This is the best I've ever seen of this subject/topic/media" then make sure you've seen more than ONE example of the thing you are posting. If you'd seen three other blender videos, there's a good chance all of them would have been better. While the hooping video I posted above might not appeal to everyone, I can confidently say she is presenting some cutting edge and high skill techniques, in an engaging style, and the music was rocking too. That's what things of the day are meant to be; something new or clever or interesting or controversial... something worth sharing, is I guess what I'm trying to say. Just try not to waste our time.
  • Matt, Luke is right. You have to learn to take those fanboy tinted glasses off.
  • edited January 2010
    After his sister ratted him out to his parents, a boy posts his sitser's "hooking up list" to facebook, and tagged the names of the boys on the list
    Oh hot holy win.

I hope this little kid is eight or something. That'd make this so much more awesome.

EDIT: Okay, wow. Not an eight-year-old, but still awesome, just for "I <3 facebook like you <3 cock."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on

• YEAH TOAST
  • I need a handjob, which is surprisingly safe for work.
  • The sound from a video on my laptop is going from laptop to router wirelessly then to my desktop via cat5 which, in turn, sends it to my wireless headphones through the transmitter..

To commemorate this, I watched a cat jumping onto a desk and falling off.

• Terminator 2 Remix
    The sign being covered in slurpee stains really adds something.
  • If that Bobby-joe guy isn't just taking the piss/trolling, I'd be surprised.
    I think they all are:
    The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody.
  • A national atheist conference is in the works.Neat!
    I thought one already existed;)
    That isn't an Atheist meeting, per se. One can be a skeptic in some regards and still be religious/have faith in regard to other issues.
  • edited January 2010
    (Just as a background - Sam Kekovic's Adress to the nation has become somewhat of an Australia day tradition, sort of like charlie brown's Christmas special, if charlie brown was a grumpy, jowly australian man talking about lamb. This made me viciously homesick, but I like it.)
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Jan 26th...A barbeque? It may be barbeque season south of the equator, but north of the line it's too cold to put anything on the barbie.
  • Jan 26th...A barbeque? It may be barbeque season south of the equator, but north of the line it's too cold to put anything on the barbie.
    Wuss! The heat of the barbecue is well warm enough.

HEY WAIT A SECOND, I live in California! It was 70 degrees today. Why the fuck aren't I barbequeing? Oh yeah, no BBQ.

You know, sometimes I honestly forget I live in California.
  • edited January 2010
    Jan 26th...A barbeque? It may be barbeque season south of the equator, but north of the line it's too cold to put anything on the barbie.

HEY WAIT A SECOND, I live in California! It was 70 degrees today. Why the fuck aren't I barbequeing? Oh yeah, no BBQ.

I point out that on the 26th, omnutia and I shall be barbecuing in the snow.

Don't worry, though, Next Australia day, Massive Australia day party in LA.
    Post edited by Churba on

I point out that on the 26th, omnutia and I shall be barbecuing in the snow.

Don't worry, though, Next Australia day, Massive Australia day party in LA.
    Once you get here, Awesome shall ensue to a tremendous degree.
  • I'm posting this quite late, relatively speaking, but it's still a thing of my day for now: I'm currently in the USA!
  • edited January 2010
    I'm posting this quite late, relatively speaking, but it's still a thing of my day for now: I'm currently in the USA!
    You best get your ass to Chicago at some point.

Also: Kickass.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I was in an airport in Chicago for a couple of hours a few days ago :D
  • Today is Smack a Twilight Fan Day.
  • I understand that Scott mentioned this car in the thread about selling his car, but it's so damn cool (except for the colour). Toyota FT-CH.