This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• The interior on that thing reeks of design over functionality and comfort.
  • The interior on that thing reeks of design over functionality and comfort.
    It looks like something a Ken Doll would drive.
  • Parkour Animation
  • Parkour Animation
    Best thing ever!
  • Bust Mario out of the cartridge here.
  • Last night, there was this wierd combination between freezing rain and sleet, and today, everything is covered in a layer of smooth black-ice.

So, I was standing outside, smoking my pipe, Watching the people slide by, and cars make inexorable progress in exactly the wrong direction, wheels spinning furiously.

I'm just fresh finished, tapping out my pipe on the dry back of my bootheel, when I hear the "sssssss" noise of a pedestrian coming by, and out of nowhere, chilled out as you please, this bloke goes cruising by, sliding along the pavement in a perfect surfer-pose, gives a little wave as he slides by at a pretty decent clip, and vanishes off down the street.

Kudos to you, Crazy ice surfer guy, you made my day.

• I'm just fresh finished, tapping out my pipe on the dry back of my bootheel, when I hear the "sssssss" noise of a pedestrian coming by, and out of nowhere, chilled out as you please, this bloke goes cruising by, sliding along the pavement in a perfect surfer-pose, gives a little wave as he slides by at a pretty decent clip, and vanishes off down the street
    I have done this on at least three occasions. Fun as hell!
  • sliding along the pavement in a perfect surfer-pose, gives a little wave as he slides by at a pretty decent clip, and vanishes off down the street.
    People used to do this during heavy rain on the mud on the U of I quad, and then the cops started ticketing people for messing up the university's precious grass.

More people need to recognize fun.

• Also it's Wendsday which means it's a Valhalla night.
  • Louis CK is pretty much the funniest guy, and this is a bootleg of a Louis CK performance from last year. It's almost all new material, and it's incredible. I have laughed out loud alone in my room several times, and that says a lot. (Also, there's an opening comedian that's only average, so feel free to skip him if you listen.)
  • Louis CK is pretty much the funniest guy, andthis is a bootleg of a Louis CK performance from last year.It's almost all new material, and it's incredible. I have laughed out loud alone in my room several times, and that says a lot. (Also, there's an opening comedian that's only average, so feel free to skip him if you listen.)
    Well, I know what I'M doing tonight!
  • edited January 2010
    Wow...I just had a really weird experience with one of my roommates. Actually, it was 5 or so hours ago.

I can hear my roommate Pete loudly talking with his girlfriend in the living room from my TV, so I walk out to see what they are talking about. Apparently, they are talking about conspiracy theories with 9/11. Pete was on the side of like "Well, maybe those conspirators have a point. After all, I don't think that jet fuel would of affected the steel." And his girlfriend Kelsey was very rational, explaining to him "Those people don't have evidence!" I had to pause them, to try and mediate this situation. And ask them "Why did you two watch a conspiracy video about 9/11?" And Kelsey said Pete wanted to watch that instead of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog.

...honestly, what the hell? Unless your girlfriend is a conspiracy nut, WHY WOULD YOU WATCH THAT WITH HER. After 10 minutes of me trying smooth the argument over by intervening and making them laugh, they moved to the bedroom to talk the rest of it out.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • edited January 2010
    In light of me just ordering my x-mas present (better late than never):

and if you are interested in how the f**k that's even possible, here is an excellent series of explanations in one two three four five parts. Also as a disclaimer: I have absolutely no skills whatsoever, so I ordered a noob version.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • In the shower this morning I remembered the United State of Pop 2008, the DJ Earworm mashup of the billboard top 25 tracks of the year. I knew the latest one would be out, so I looked it up. Watch it once, then listen to it again and read through the handy lyrics guide.

• I see your wackycopter and raise you a lawnmower.
  • More cool music:
  • Add this one as well :)
  • I see your wackycopter and raise you a lawnmower.
    I call with a flying school bus and raise you a USS Enterprise submarine

• unloading excavator
  • edited January 2010
    unloading excavator
    That is surely well over the weight capacity of that truck.

Post edited by George Patches on
  • What cute bunnies are really thinking. (This makes me think of Spooky.)
  • That's one fucking dumb bunny, like 'em all..

Humans are omnivores.
  • You should buy a bike with a black saddle.
  • edited January 2010
    That's one fucking dumb bunny, like 'em all..(span)class="Invisible"

Humans are omnivores.
    (/span)
    Oho! Invisibility troll is clever!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I can't decide whether that was awesome, or really creepy.