This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Modern Logic Puzzles courtesy of Thought Catalog.
    In your apartment you have your girlfriend, your good-looking friend Charlie, and a DVD of Blue Valentine. For transport you have only have a small 150 cc scooter, because your apartment does not have a parking space. You must go to the store to buy wine. You absolutely must. Christ.

Your scooter can only handle one passenger and one item of cargo. You cannot leave your girlfriend with the DVD, because she will get sad. You cannot leave Charlie with your girlfriend, because he’s mentioned casually that he used to do “some catalog work — just like, summer season swimwear and stuff.” You cannot be left alone with bottles of wine. How do you travel to the store, return with wine, and manage to have a pleasant evening for one goddamned night?

Solution: Take your girlfriend with you on the back of your scooter to the store, leaving Charlie with the DVD. Buy wine. Return with your girlfriend to the apartment. Drink one bottle of wine in your kitchen, watching Charlie and your girlfriend chat. She never laughs like that anymore. Watch movie in silence, positioning yourself in between girlfriend and Charlie.
  • Something tells me that if the internet existed 100 years earlier it would have been exactly the same

Black and WTF

some picks are NSFW-ish.
  • Black and WTF
    A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND:
  • edited March 2011
    Captain Video is Back, Baby!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Religion may become extinct in nine nations.

They make some very good points.
    Being of Czech heritage, I am proud of that country and its Bohemian tradition of being one of the least religious regions in Europe.
  • edited March 2011
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!

Also this:

Post edited by Wyatt on
  • edited March 2011
    Trapped
    Made more funny by the recent thread on morality and solipsism.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited March 2011
    Helped a girl at the super market who was wearing a wolf t-shirt (1 wolf on the front, didn't see the back.) under a hoodie with three wolves on the back and two wolves on each of the upper arms (That's eight total wolves, no moon.). Wolf girl was in need of help getting animal jig-saws off a high shelf and was very polite. I had to stop myself going "Dawww..".
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • NeoNeo
    edited March 2011
    Wow trogdor, that is awesome. That lays out in excruciatingly simple and logical reasoning why I feel like I can't have "discussions" with most people these days, and what I feel so sad about having been lost/thrown out/trampled under-foot/ignored/not understood/etc... in the realm of public discourse - especially in the world of politics and news coverage of same. Awesome graphic, sad panda result.
    Post edited by Neo on
  • I can't help but laugh at this...
  • Found this on the Wikipedia page for adventure games, I find it's cyclical meta nature delightful:
  • That episode was SO funny.

• Not only can it play crysis, it can play it on 5 fucking monitors.
    I'm just going to quote Pam on this one: "Splooge."
  • Ponies and Music are making everything happy. Plus...

I'm just going to quote Pam on this one: "Splooge."
    I need that! Although I think I'd probably just rather go with 3 30inch dell ultrasharp's so that I wouldn't have so many lines going through the viewing area.
  • So there was a Dreamcast game called Segagaga.

And fans started translating it in 2006. but took a 4 year break. Now they're back at it.

It is completely ridiculous.

I copypasta'd that from a thread on 4chan, truly that site is a place of wonders.
  • suuuuuuuuuuuuuure
  • So there was a Dreamcast game called Segagaga.

And fans started translating it in 2006. but took a 4 year break. Now they're back at it.

It is completely ridiculous.
    I want that now. RIGHT NOW.
  • In case you were not in the know the Kong off took place not to long ago. Where people competed to see who was the best of the best at playing Donkey Kong. A friend of mine went there to document this historic event. Here is an overview on it you can see more videos on Arcade-Hunters.com