This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• But that's what FAQs are for.
    That's a bad argument for saying that obfuscating parts of your game is okay. I'd like to disagree with this sentiment.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm more annoyed about them not giving you any hint about The Spur, Jetpack 2.0 and Saving Curly and Prof. Booster.

I once admired it for being a nihilistic game but now I just think it's dumb for completely hiding several major plot choices.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I'm more annoyed about them not giving you any hint about The Spur, Jetpack 2.0 and SPOILER.

I once admired it for being a nihilistic game but now I just think it's dumb for completely hiding several major plot choices.
    Things like the Spur and Jetpack 2.0, though, did have some hints. [SPOILERS]When you get back to the empty mimiga village, if you look at the map, you notice that the area from the beginning of the game is still there. If you manage to get there and you gave away the polar star before then, the dude is all like "hey have you seen my gun?" Which, itself, spurs (heh) the question of what happens if you still had it.

Even more plot-centric things that lead you towards the secret ending do have some minor clues. For instance, the first big thing you have to do is take curly with you. If you explore the Core room, like I did, there is a noticeable sparkle where the rope is, cluing you to pick it up. While it is a bit Nintendo logic-y, Cave Story isn't nearly as bad about hiding important game content than, say, the infamous Simon's Quest and its ilk. If absolutely nothing else, you'd really have to not pay attention to not figure out that there's at least *something* extra there, enough to make you look a bit further.
    [/SPOILERS]
  • I once admired it for being a nihilistic game but now I just think it's dumb for completely hiding several major plot choices.
    There are some quite well hidden stuff, but I would say that the normal good ending is the real ending and finding all the secret stuff and going through the Hell is just bonus stuff.
    But that's what FAQs are for.
    That's a bad argument for saying that obfuscating parts of your game is okay. I'd like to disagree with this sentiment.
    Well actually I would prefer to just start the game and pick option play hell (mostly because I really want to play Cave Story right now and I have removed it from my computer with the save that was just before Hell). But as said by Pangloss the hidden stuff isn't impossible to find. Without FAQs it will take maybe multiple play-thoughts, but it's all findable.
  • During lunch today I was talking the new kid and he said he was into draw fagging and we started talking and finally I mentioned my trip code and he got fairly bright eyed and screamed " your him?!?!"

Internet fame achieved.

• Idk why but there is something funny about the hhhccckk throat noise.
  • edited September 2011
    No joke - this is really Ben & Jerry's new flavor.
    SNL clip
    Yeah, That's the SNL skit the joke comes from. They're paying homage to it.
    No joke, That's exactly what they're saying on their site.

Also, I've been a little new-agey recently, and I've been reading my tea leaves, trying to learn things about myself. I didn't have much success at first, but finally, I have a clear message!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2011
    [Hebrew]
    Idk why but there is something funny about the hhhccckk throat noise.
    I heard "et orgasme", which in Norwegian means an orgasm.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • During lunch today I was talking the new kid and he said he was into draw fagging and we started talking and finally I mentioned my trip code and he got fairly bright eyed and screamed " your him?!?!"

Internet fame achieved.
    I'd say so.
  • Churba what does the front of the mug say?
  • Got a ticket to John Hodgman's book release party, and I get a copy of the book when I get there apparently.
    "I <3 Spreadsheets"
  • edited September 2011
    Most excellent trolling.
    Love it. image

And lastly, I love that Christopher Lloyd apparently ages like a time lord, because it means people can get him to do things like this (also, THOSE SHOES. AAAAA):

Info about the shoes (Nike Mag) is here.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • They don't have power laces!!! FAIL!!!
  • Well it is only 2011, as the ad said. Those are coming in the future, obviously. ;)
  • You mean yesterday? They came out yesterday. They are selling 150 pairs a day for 10 days. As of 10 am this morning each pair was over 5.000 dollars. I mean it is cool because the money is going to the Micheal J Fox foundation. But no power laces? WTF mate?
    You already got the answer, but in the future, if you want to stop a gif at any point, you can just hit ESC, and it will stop moving.
  • Thank you sir. I can not believe that I did not know that. I win at failing at internets!
  • You mean yesterday? They came out yesterday. They are selling 150 pairs a day for 10 days. As of 10 am this morning each pair was over 5.000 dollars. I mean it is cool because the money is going to the Micheal J Fox foundation. But no power laces? WTF mate?
    The power laces are in the future, I meant, not the shoes.
    You already got the answer, but in the future, if you want to stop a gif at any point, you can just hit ESC, and it will stop moving.
    Not in Chrome.
  • Not in Chrome.
    Addendum - in firefox. I've not tried it with anything else.

• against better judgement i will bypass the act of lurking and simply add these in the hope that they haven't been added before but god damn i laugh every time i here "YUP"
  • An amazing 70 minute set from The Pillows tonight. I swear, Yamanaka (frontman) puts more energy into his shows than most other bands as a whole.

• Fuck yeah, Rugby War Dance Showdown.
  • Fun article on new fossils.

Also, this quote from the article:
    “I think it holds the possibility of flinging wide open the question of what Homo is.”
    Juvenile, yes. Still made me chuckle while browsing at work.
  • edited September 2011
    Goddamn, those are a blast from the past. As in, back from when the "Why People Think Rym and Scott are Gay" was the second-longest thread on the forum and was still growing rapidly. Well, a lot of people are probably relatively new and haven't seen them, so they bear posting again.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Girl-Rym is so pretty, uguu.