This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Then why don't you marry her?
  • I would, I love girls with thick eyebrows.
  • I bet you do.
  • I DO MOTHERFUCKER, I DO
  • Damn straight. Or bi.
  • I would go dyke for girlRym
  • What have I done? First the ponies and now this?? I will not be the father of Death!

Quickly changing the subject to Dick Figures!

• Man, I love the demoscene.
  • Man, I love the demoscene.
    There was an event called Demowall on a bar in the city today. They showed a bunch of different demos form different platforms and times in a place and for an audience that might not visit the average demo-parties. That one stuck to my mind because it was something completely different and had awesome music.
  • edited September 2011

This one's for you GoldenDave MD Hoagie.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • Fist of the North Star + Dead Island
  • Someone went ahead and made a 9/11 coloring book. Unsurprisingly, there is a bit of backlash against this.

Cause seriously, what the hell kind of rifle is that supposed to be? It has a box magazine, FOR A MACHINEGUN!

And is that a cowboy hat that the soldier is wearing? What kind of soldier wears a cowboy hat when they're going in to kill terrorists?

Whomever created this definitely did not do their homework. For shame, 9/11 coloring book creator, for shame.
  • I can't tell if this is awesome or awful. It seems that it was made non-ironically, which would make it awful, but artist's intent is irrelevant, thus making it awesome. I need to go contemplate this.
  • It seems that it was made non-ironically, which would make it awful
    I don't see why.
  • Is that man using his wife as a shield?
  • That's supposed to be bin Laden.
  • At first looked it reminded me a lot oft he famous Elian Gonzalez photograph:
  • Looks like Santa.
  • edited September 2011
    It seems that it was made non-ironically, which would make it awful
    I don't see why.
    I have a problem with turning an act of terrorism into a children's coloring book. It would be like making one out of the Iran Hostage Crisis or Vietnam, though those are far enough from political relevance and the mind of the zeitgeist that I wouldn't be so disturbed as amused. This comes across as turning the death of 3000 people into something as real as a fairy tale.
    Also, their picture of Bush looks nothing like him.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • It seems that it was made non-ironically, which would make it awful
    I don't see why.
    I have a problem with turning an act of terrorism into a children's coloring book. It would be like making one out of the Iran Hostage Crisis or Vietnam, though those are far enough from political relevance and the mind of the zeitgeist that I wouldn't be so disturbed as amused. This comes across as turning the death of 3000 people into something as real as a fairy tale.
    Also, their picture of Bush looks nothing like him.
    Are the founding fathers in there to so the acts of terrorism the commited against the British?
  • Are the founding fathers in there to so the acts of terrorism the commited against the British?
    Clarify, please. I think you're missing a verb, so I don't know how to answer.
  • The Boston Tea Party could be considered an act of terrorism.
  • edited September 2011
    I think a man shooting another man is not really an appropriate thing to have in a coloring book if it was intended for the typical coloring book age range.
    Seriously, are you going to give this to a kindergartener? It would be less screwed up to give them a coloring book of full of tits, because babies like and understand those.
    The Boston Tea Party could be considered an act of terrorism.
    I would say that it was less terror, and more like vandalism. The objective wasn't to strike fear, it was to piss off.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • While I don't think it was an act of terrorism, lets totally make that a thing so we can call the teabaggers terrorists.
  • Fist of the North Star + Dead Island
    Well now I just want to buy Dead Island.
  • It was an act of sabotage by a non-state actor (a group called the Sons of Liberty) designed, by its symbolism, to draw attention to a political cause.
  • edited September 2011
    It was an act of sabotage by a non-state actor (a group called the Sons of Liberty) designed, by its symbolism, to draw attention to a political cause.

I wouldn't compare the tea party to 9/11, as no lives were taken in the former, but between that and all the tar-and-feathering that was going on, I'll call the sons of liberty terrorists.
    EDIT: Also, anyone who calls them patriots is -- I will say -- objectively wrong. Patriotism is being proud of ones country (at the very least) and the country they were proud of didn't exist at the time. The patriots were the loyalists whose lives were ruined by the previously mentioned tar-and-feathering (seriously Sam, what the fuck.)
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Here is pretty fun chess based challenge in which you play a regular arrangement of pieces against 4 rows of pawns with the intention of taking all 32 before they checkmate your king or run out of legal moves.

My strategy was to make an aisle through which to send my queen to the back row and then massacre those fuckers.
  • Yeah, I did pretty much the same thing.