This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I didn't know what song that was, so I Googled it. Now I know what that one song that they always play or riff on in movies/TV shows is.
  • edited December 2011
    img
    Why are they giving Clayface an handy-J? He looks right on the verge of achieving.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I'm fairly sure Clayface has been vanquished and they're having a pottery lesson.
  • edited December 2011

Electro shock soccer! Turn on the google CC translation.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • I

HAVE

PREVAILED.

I made it! DEfended my thesis and I'm en route to graduating!
  • I

HAVE

PREVAILED.

Congrats!
  • I

HAVE

PREVAILED.

• edited December 2011
    I

HAVE

PREVAILED.

Congratulations, we knew you could do it!

Post edited by Churba on
  • I

HAVE

PREVAILED.

(I couldn't find an upload that didn't have ponies)
  • (I couldn't find an upload that didn't have ponies)
    That's alright, mine doesn't have anything to do with the Topic at hand, I just really like Kazemekase Tsukikage Ran.
  • Also, there is a Word in German, Kummerspeck - the excess weight one gains from emotion-related overeating. If you translate it literally, apparently it means "grief bacon."
  • The grief... it is sooo good...
  • (I couldn't find an upload that didn't have ponies)
    That's alright, mine doesn't have anything to do with the Topic at hand, I just really like Kazemekase Tsukikage Ran.
    The first few seconds of the opening made me want it.
  • Thank you so much, guys :D. I'm glad I could share this with you.

I'll post pics once I get 'em
  • The first few seconds of the opening made me want it.
    Let me give you the elevator pitch.

It's called either Kazemekase Tsukikakage Ran, or Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran, depending on your language preference. Thirteen episodes, centered around a Sake-loving Female Ronin, Tsukikage Ran - She's laid-back, calm, wise, intelligent and clever. Meow is her traveling companion, She's a chinese Martial artist, Bold, Dumb, Rich, heart of gold, really likes Ran. Scored by This guy, directed by the same guy that Directed Fruits Basket and "Now and then, Here and there." Not deadly serious, but not all out comedy, it's reasonably authentic. Excellent action, excellent animation and a nice art-style.

Well worth a watch, I'd say.
  • The first few seconds of the opening made me want it.
    Let me give you the elevator pitch.

It's called either Kazemekase Tsukikakage Ran, or Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran, depending on your language preference. Thirteen episodes, centered around a Sake-loving Female Ronin, Tsukikage Ran - She's laid-back, calm, wise, intelligent and clever. Meow is her traveling companion, She's a chinese Martial artist, Bold, Dumb, Rich, heart of gold, really likes Ran. Scored by This guy, directed by the same guy that Directed Fruits Basket and "Now and then, Here and there." Not deadly serious, but not all out comedy, it's reasonably authentic. Excellent action, excellent animation and a nice art-style.

Well worth a watch, I'd say.
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past, it was really good as I remember it.

• Wow, talk about a blast from the past, it was really good as I remember it.
    True business, aye. I'm downloading it so I can re-watch it, I saw it on TV the first time.
  • I

HAVE

PREVAILED.

Who doubted you would be awesome?

*looks around*

No one here. GOOD JORB!
  • Happy Life Day.

• edited December 2011
    Ron Paul
    Have you seen his new campaign ad? I just saw it and it's...odd, to say the least.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Wait, what? That is a serious ad, no satire or anything? I don't know what to say to that.
  • edited December 2011
    Wait, what? That is a serious ad, no satire or anything? I don't know what to say to that.
    Yeah, that's 100% real. If you go through the link, it takes you to his Official youtube page, and I picked the link up from reddit, thanks to some Paul Supporters gushing about it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ron Paul
    Ron Paul
    That's like if Libertarianism drank a gallon of Brando while shooting pigeons with Duke Nukem.
  • Ron Paul
    Ron Paul
    That's like if Libertarianism drank a gallon of Brando while shooting pigeons with Duke Nukem.
    BRANDO - it has what Ron Paul Craves.
  • edited December 2011
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on

Also, side note - I'm pretty sure the guy doing the VO in that ad is actually the guy who played the narrator in Idiocracy. At the very least, they sound really, really similar - the Brando joke just got a bit more apt.)