This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited March 2012
    March 26th. My body is ready.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited March 2012
    I see this all the time on the NHK World live stream.
    It's a bit cheezy, but helpful. Andy is annoying, though.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Transvestitism is just crossdressing. Transexuality involves gender reassignment. You can wear "woman's clothes" and still think of yourself as a man.
    Look at Eddie Izzard and his executive transvesticism.
  • edited March 2012
    Transvestitism is just crossdressing. Transexuality involves gender reassignment. You can wear "woman's clothes" and still think of yourself as a man.
    Look at Eddie Izzard and his executive transvesticism.
    Who also considers it to be the male equivalent of tomboyism, supporting WUB's point further.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I see this all the time on the NHK World live stream.
    It's a bit cheezy, but helpful. Andy is annoying, though.
    I couldn't get past the cheeze.
  • This is hilarious, and almost everything about this is true. Trust me, my father's a dentist.

http://www.dentrix.com/enforcer/
  • edited March 2012
    Sooo, they made a Dirk Gently TV series. WHY THE FUCK DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SOONER?
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Sooo, they made a Dirk Gently TV series. WHY THE FUCK DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SOONER?
    Fixed your link for you. And episode 1 just aired yesterday, so you haven't missed much.
  • So Unity3d is giving away their engine for iOS and Android until April 8. Go get it.
  • Just got home from 4.5 hours at Firestone. However.

MY CAR FREAKING ROCKS NOW.

I think I have better brakes than I have ever had after their adjustments. Pete, you will not believe it. The acceleration is much better. My lighter plug works again. My tires are fully treaded and road hazard insured, and my steering is tight. THIS IS SO WORTH THE $900 I JUST DROPPED! Now if only I was independently wealthy...
  • edited March 2012
    So Unity3d is giving away their engine for iOS and Android until April 8. Go get it.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • So Unity3d is giving away their engine for iOS and Android until April 8. Go get it.
    I can't wait to play with this tonight.

But anyway:

• My thing of the day is Firefox 11's new WebGL-based 3D mode.
    To enable it, make sure you're on Firefox 11, right click, choose "Inspect Element," and click 3D at the bottom of the screen.
  • What is the purpose of such a thing?
  • It lets you see what's nested inside what easily.
  • What is the purpose of such a thing?
    The visualization can make it a lot faster for a developer or designer to select a specific element in their page. It can also help debug weird nesting issues with HTML and other such things. I can see it being used to teach new developers & designers how HTML documents are organized and such as well.
  • edited March 2012
    Ah, very cool.

Someone needs to make a game that lets you input a URL, uses the "towers" as a city, and then procedurally generates a race course for lightcycles through it.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • bullshit hes not a dj he doesnt even have a macbook
  • edited March 2012
    bullshit hes not a dj he doesnt even have a macbook
    I DJ using Windows.

What would his set list even look like? FRCF GO!

Aaaanyway:

• bullshit hes not a dj he doesnt even have a macbook
    I DJ using Windows.

What would his set list even look like? FRCF GO!
    Can install windows on a Macbook.

Oh, and How about Catcher in the Rye(Guns and Roses), Get it right(The Offspring), Rollerskate skinny(old 97s), Shadrach(Beastie boys), Who Wrote holden Caulfield(Green Day), We didn't start the fire(Billy Joel), 3 warning shots(Rick Springfield), Good year(The Refreshments).

If you can spot the link, apply at ATW9K@simplysyndicated.com

• edited March 2012
    Augh, can edit that post anymore. MOAR PORTAL ANIMATIONS!

EDIT: Good playlist Churbs.
    Yea that was my reaction when I was told about it.

• edited March 2012
    Sorry if this has been posted, but... HOLY SHIT!

Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Today's XKCD gave me a really good laugh. http://xkcd.com/1029/
  • This now belongs to me. :D