This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Like are you actually putting that on your car?
  • Like are you actually putting that on your car?
    No, I just ordered it. I only just got my NY registration an hour ago. I have regular plates; they said I had to order the vanity plates online. So assuming the state doesn't reject this combination of letters for no good reason, I will have it in 6 weeks or so.

• Rochelle: so is that Malthus for the famous economist or the demon? or BOTH?!
    me: with Nuri, I'd bet the economist, but I'm not super sure
    Rochelle: heh indeed
    i think both
  • The population scientist. So yeah, the economist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Robert_Malthus
  • Woo, my car insurance went down by $20~~~~~
  • Maybe I'll get a Borlaug plate. It's not currently taken.
    It's only $60... OMG, that would be awesome if we had a matching pair! Do it!

• The other thought was Dr. John Snow, the man who essentially invented the science of epidemiology. But I think Borlaug is more awesome.
  • NERDS!!!!!

In other news I shoehorned android ICS onto my HTC incredible.
  • Huh. I was thinking about getting a personalized plate with a tribute to Joseph Gall, the creator of Phrenology... but then that led me to this site. It's odd that Secular Humanists of the Low Country don't get any money, but organizations like the Masons and other non-profits (like Save the Lighthouse) get money. I smell something fishy.
  • edited March 2012
    No! That is the worst Jesus!
    Maybe Chinese Moon Goddess can turn the rabbit back.
    Post edited by gomidog on

Aaaaaaaand done. In two weeks, I will be the proud owner of a "Borlaug" license plate.

• Let's see, custom plate with "Churba" on it...$2395.00

Well, fuck you too, Queensland Transport.
  • Wow, your country sucks.
  • Wouldn't you think that the government would want more people to have vanity plates? They're easier to remember.
  • Wow, your country sucks.
    Just some aspects. And Queensland transport is one of them. I'll tell you about our licensing system sometime, it's confusing, arcane, pointlessly complex, and doesn't actually achieve the purpose it was put in place to achieve.

• edited March 2012
    WHAT.

EDIT: Dirk Gently TV Series.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • No! That is the worst Jesus!
    Maybe Chinese Moon Goddess can turn the rabbit back.
    Yeah. The look on the bunny-owner's face captures the sheer horror Jesus inflicted.
  • Like this?
    I understand why the Japanese address system evolved that way, but I know that if (when) I visit Japan, I'll still be walking around in circles for hours trying to find places.

Aaaaaaaand done. In two weeks, I will be the proud owner of a "Borlaug" license plate.

Read it again. I'm pretty sure you get your new documentation in 2 weeks, but it takes longer for the actual plates.

Read it again. I'm pretty sure you get your new documentation in 2 weeks, but it takes longer for the actual plates.

2 weeks, 6 weeks. Whatever. Borlaug imminently in the hizzy.

• The Breakfast Club tries it's hand at marketing.

• That was fantastic.
  • Bricks were shat.
  • For Gomi:
    I'm trying to decide if that's sad crying or happy crying.
  • Dammit. Now I want me some Vytautas.