This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Am I the only brony who can also laugh at jokes that totally destroy the innocence and magic?
  • edited March 2012

How high can you hear? I can't hear over 19kHz.
    I believe this is fake. Have you heard of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito The Mosquito. I have been around one and was unable to hear it. However I was able to hear up to 19kHz.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • So I meet up with Viga today in DC, it was quite a nice meeting as we ate pizza and watched Tron in a courtyard.
    I remember watching this as a kid... It's still fucking sad...
  • video
    And thanks to you I now have to go listen to some Chuck Berry. Not a bad thing though, so thanks. ^_^

• This movie better not suck or the chocolate bunny gets it.
  • He also does MLP
  • "One day in the early 1970's, English composer Simon Jeffes was in the South of France, suffering from a terrible bout of food poisoning. He had a series of feverish waking dreams featuring a dystopian view of the near future, where all was grey and concrete.

People lived in huge grey blocks and one could see into the windows. In one room a couple was making love soundlessly and lovelessly. In another someone was simply sat staring at a screen. In a third room a musician sat working at an array of electronic equipment but he was wearing headphones and the room was totally silent. In the top corner of each room a camera watched all that happened like a malevolent eye.

This world was de-humanised and crushing for the heart... but one could reject it and look further afield. If you looked down the road a certain distance you could see a ramshackle building with noise and light and chaotic music bursting out of doors in to the night. This was the Penguin Cafe. Inside it was an Ekonomiyaki bar, with long tables where everyone sits together. There was sawdust on the floors and when you were feeling tired the glasses made themselves lighter to help you. In the back there was always a band playing music. Without knowing where, one always felt that one had heard the music before. This was the Penguin Cafe Orchestra.

On waking, the words of a poem came to him. It began: "I am the proprietor of the Penguin Cafe. I will tell you things at random...".

From this was borne the inspiration to write the music that would be played by the musicians in the back of the Penguin Cafe. Jeffes did this with great success with a number of very talented musicians over the next 30 years until his untimely death in 1997.

13 years on from Simon Jeffes' death, his son, Arthur, started playing this music again. Under the name Penguin Cafe, Arthur and a group of new musicians are re-visiting the music; starting a new chapter in the story of this unique and strange creative world."
    -- Mythology section on Penguin Cafe's website.
  • At my job we have people come paint mureals on our windows according to the seasons. I got them to include Rainbow Dash. Pics to follow when I get home drone work.
  • I made it to 19.5, and then I was able to listen to sudden changes until 20
  • Probably not the best teaching advice, but it made me chuckle.
    I think I realized how to be a good teacher. Just make lessons fun.

Not for the kids though. Who cares about how they feel. MAKE LESSONS FUN FOR ME!

• How high can you hear? I can't hear over 19kHz.
    This test is much more interesting.

• Photobucket

So, here is the picture of Rainbow Dash that I got the mural painters to slip into the window mural.

• Come on now. Really?
  • Wow, that is one of the most unattractive females I've ever seen.
  • It's like he's talking to a child.
  • And he's married to her.
  • edited March 2012
    I think she's high. I mean, he basically told her the answer 2-3 times before the final time and she STILL didn't get it. No one can be THAT stu-

Nevermind. I KNOW people can be that stupid.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I think she's high. I mean, he basically told her the answer 2-3 times before the final time and she STILL didn't get it. No one can be THAT stu-

Nevermind. I KNOW people can be that stupid.
    I belive it took Galileo some 20 years to come up with the concept of velocity.

• edited March 2012
    Are you seriously comparing her to Galileo?

The problem she was posed with was BARELY mathematical. It was more a logic question/word problem.
    "If you are traveling 80 miles per hour, how long does it take you to travel 80 miles?" There is no math needed to answer this question, only basic logic and language comprehension.

My TotD:

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • When J-Pop and Electronica collide!

• Synchronised precision walking competitions.. oh, Japan.
    Special something in there at 9 mins.