This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Magnum. For pleasure seekers.
    Wait, what. Butter-on-a-stick wasn't being sold in the US? Dear lord brace yourself, for the US is going to have its very own bout of expansionism!
  • Why did the Magnum condoms never use the tagline "For pleasure seekers."?
  • http://www.perfume-global.com/

Perfume, a Japanese pop group released Mo-Cap footage of their dancing that you can just download and use in your 3D work.
    Wait, what. Butter-on-a-stick wasn't being sold in the US? Dear lord brace yourself, for the US is going to have its very own bout of expansionism!
    Yeah, I don't actually know if these are new, but I know I haven't seen this commercial very often, so I'm assuming they've recently started advertising more. This is my new favorite thing. Even though the ice cream looks pretty gross. But then, I'm kind of an ice cream snob.

• Even Jane McGonigal has fallen into lottery mania. The jackpot is only $640 million!
    Yeah, I don't actually know if these are new, but I know I haven't seen this commercial very often, so I'm assuming they've recently started advertising more. This is my new favorite thing. Even though the ice cream looks pretty gross. But then, I'm kind of an ice cream snob.
    Don't worry about calories when you eat one, and don't read the wrapper. It gives people heart attacks, spontaneously.
  • The icecream looks gross, but it's really pretty tasty. Sure, It's no home-made liquid nitrogen cooled vanilla bean delicacy, but it's sure as hell not bad.
  • I find it fine looking, it just tastes not as good as even Ben & Jerry's. Serious, butter-on-a-stick's not an understatement.
    Zombie distraction grenades?
  • edited March 2012
    [delicious brain cupcake]
    You have no clue how much my mouth is watering at the moment. That better not be a walnut though, or I'm going to have to settle for yours.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • [delicious brain cupcake]
    You have no clue how much my mouth is watering at the moment. That better not be a walnut though, or I'm going to have to settle for yours.
    From the look of it, it might be moulded using a Walnut shell to make the original mold. I've done that sort of thing to make little mini-brain jellies for Halloween.

• edited March 2012
    I guess it's April 1st in Japan...

My thing of the day:

So I am an android user. I have an android phone and an android tablet. I'd love to use my tablet's giant screen (compared to my phone) for navigation while driving, but it has no GPS. And, while there are plenty of bluetooth apps for connecting your phone to another android device, my tablet does not yet have bluetooth functionality (cmon XDA...).

So, my TotD is TetherGPS. Taking advantage of the developer tool in android for providing "mock locations", it provides the real location from your phone over wifi. In this case, the wifi will also be provided by my phone. As far as I can tell, it just broadcasts it to the whole network and the app on the client device just reads them, so it works much like DSMidiWifi.

*Goes to make car dock for his Nook Tablet*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Honestly, the fact that S-E are in on the joke is what makes this awesome
  • The fact that it actually works is pretty awesome.
  • edited March 2012
    And the winner for YouTube video of the year goes to....

It also won for best skateboarding video and best Lord of the Rings on the Go, best On the Go, and best Lord of the Rings.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Ow, I think I hurt something laughing at that, on top of the fact that everyone else at my job is staring at me funny now for laughing loudly while sitting alone.
  • drawception

The good version of Draw Something.
  • drawception

The good version of Draw Something.
    Doesn't look like you can have a private game, it seems like you can only play with random Internet people. Therefore, it sucks. Prove me wrong, please, I want this to be good.

• Someone make this into an iPhone & Android app. You'll make bank.

• I just found this. This is a for real comment that happened.
  • edited April 2012
    So, I'm going through some old backup CDs (from early high school and before!), and I just found the cutest little animation. Does anyone remember SamBaKza?

EDIT: Link.

Double Edit: Oh mans. I also found an old New Yorker piece, called This is no game.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • So, I'm going through some old backup CDs (from early high school and before!), and I just found the cutest little animation. Does anyone remember SamBaKza?

EDIT: Link.
    I had never seen that. Thank you so much.
  • edited April 2012
    Ah, Doki and Nabi. Good times. That said, the fourth one is surprisingly dark.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Oh god SamBaKza is so good thanks for tickling my nostalgia sensors.
    In related news I went on Newgrounds recently, and decided to check the top movies of all time - that's still the top one.
  • Another reason why Canada is superior to the U.S. (and austria for that matter): They're getting rid of the Penny