This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• What the hell did I just watch.
  • My friend Peoples (yes, that is his actual name) and I got Pokemon cards today. It was glorious.
  • edited April 2012
    Who the fuck names their child Peoples?
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited April 2012
    Peoples is his last name. But we all call him that because we like to be confusing.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • edited April 2012
    If I ever have to announce something I will do it like that man, for he is clearly the master.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited April 2012
    If I ever have to announce something I will do it like that man, for he is clearly the master.
    Clearly you have not seen Chairman Kaga at work.

Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • edited April 2012
    Nah, the other guy is better. I mean, Chairman Kaga wins on variety, but the other guy's just got the right energy without being all growly.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • @Churba: I see your escape artist and raise you an actual historical badass:
    Eamon de Valera
    Revolutionary who was actually in one of Ireland's worst prisons and almost executed twice, then became president, then assisted in the preservation of said prison as a national landmark.
  • Fully functional Nintendo controller coffee table.

(Fully functional as a Nintendo controller. I think being fully functional as a coffee table is implicit in me calling it a coffee table)
  • edited April 2012
    This is fantastic.

A series of images from a book(Darth vader and son), which are basically around the theme "What if Darth Vader was a good father?"
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2012

Hair tutorial with hamster characters of people I know.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • This is fantastic.

A series of images from a book(Darth vader and son), which are basically around the theme "What if Darth Vader was a good father?"
    Those pictures are absolutely adorable.

• edited April 2012
    Remember the Tapestry generator that went away from the Internet.

I have found it again, someone back this shit up.

So the generator part of it works but the media gallery is missing, shit...
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Oh, you'd have to ask Grey about where it is, but I recall they found/made a Bayeux Tapestry style meme generator.
  • Johnny Ramone's posthumous autobiography is out, and now on my Kindle. The man was an asshat, and I'm very much looking forward to the story of The Ramones from his point of view. According to a brief review in my morning paper, he didn't think it was a big deal that he fell in love with Joey's girlfriend. This book could be even more fun than Dee Dee's autobiography, which I'm still not sure wasn't fictional.
  • God bless messenger bags. :P
  • Unless you've played Hideo Kojima's great, forgotten game Snatcher (play it on a SEGA CD emulator), this won't be interesting in the least (WuB might go for it since I know he played it). Somebody completely translated the radio-only prequel to Snatcher (first aired on Kojima's podcast): Sdatcher.

http://sdatcher.net/

• God bless messenger bags. :P
  • edited April 2012
    God bless messenger bags. :P
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Remember the Tapestry generator that went away from the Internet.

I have found it again, someone back this shit up.

So the generator part of it works but the media gallery is missing, shit...
    A thread in which is contained many examples of this fine art of tapestry, and a link to said generator

• Gorbachev is a pretty good singer.
  • I successfully defended my Master's thesis project this morning, which now makes me a Master now or something. You don't really get a cool title like doctor with it.
  • edited April 2012
    You get a bitchin fried chicken joint though.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • I just updated my cover photo on facebook.

• This is what greets you entering through Sydney international airport.
  • This is a description of an anime called Akikan on Rightstuf.com. Read it and try not to smile: Hobbies are often a great way of meeting new people, but how could Kakeru Diachi, who collects rare juice cans, have ever suspected that he'd meet a fascinating new girl when he attempted to DRINK her? Naming her Melon, because she's got great melon... soda, Kakeru quickly learns that she's an Akikan - a beautiful girl who's also a special can created to fight other Akikans in a strange experiment to determine what kind of container is better: steel or aluminum!