This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Barack Obama is an awesome President.
  • edited April 2012
    Just picked up a parcel from a local delivery depot. Addressed to myself from an Australian equivalent of NEWEGG. It looks remarkably similar to one they sent me a week ago. Upon closer inspection it turns out they have sent me a double order, and charged me once. After phoning them they have no record of a second parcel being shipped...

So now I have:

2 x new graphics card...
    2 x shiny Blue Ray burners...
    32 gig of Ram (?!)...

Due diligence done; they claim no record of this and care not.

Thanks guys ?!
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • Upgrade mobo, SLI, all 32GB of RAM. Start Folding@Home and run Crysis on full settings at the same time.
  • Just picked up a parcel from a local delivery depot. Addressed to myself from an Australian equivalent of NEWEGG. It looks remarkably similar to one they sent me a week ago. Upon closer inspection it turns out they have sent me a double order, and charged me once. After phoning them they have no record of a second parcel being shipped...

So now I have:

2 x new graphics card...
    2 x shiny Blue Ray burners...
    32 gig of Ram (?!)...

Due diligence done; they claim no record of this and care not.

Thanks guys ?!
    I just got the strangest boner...
  • edited April 2012
    Nice.

I'd give the RAM to my partner, but her Artbox already has 16 gig for rendering programs (CS5, etc). My box at work has a bajillion gigs, but that processes and interprets terrabytes of seismic data in the search for mineral wealth.

32 gig is just overkill in non-industry-specific situations.

I think my care factor re: "size of my e-penis" dropped precipitously coincident with leaving university and gaining the ability to actually afford solid upgrades almost trivially. That said, the Ultrasharp I look into whilst typing this does bring me some joy.

Also
    XKCD reference
    is among my favourites!
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • Wheres the drawing?
  • Wheres the drawing?
    No picture of it, alas.

• edited April 2012
    I fucking love the internet.

From this:

To this:
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'll just leave this here. With a Ron Paul 2012 sticker. Shine on, Dees. You crazy diamond.

• If they've have looked at the Patent, they'd know it's for an aerial fire-fighting system. Filed by Evergreen air? Yeah, it was - They included it in their 747 supertanker, this picture being the innards of one.
  • edited May 2012
    Oh Churba, don't be silly. You can't thoroughly investigate crazy conspiracy theories because you end up being kidnapped by the government and aliens! It's much safer to just yell about them and let someone else do the investigating.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited May 2012
    [Bakemonogatari songs mix]
    Wow, that's pretty awesome.
    Oh Churba, don't be silly. You can't thoroughly investigate crazy conspiracy theories because you end up being kidnapped by the government and aliens! It's much safer to just yell about them and let someone else do the investigating.
    Good thing our Churba did the investigating then. He's Australian, what could ALIUMS possibly do to him?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • THERE'S RED FLUID COMING OUT OF MY FUCKING EARS DEAR GOD. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH FUCKING GIANT FAI-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.
  • edited May 2012
    I'm sorry. I am not a good conspiracy theorist. :(
    Post edited by Churba on
  • If they've have looked at the Patent, they'd know it's for an aerial fire-fighting system. Filed by Evergreen air? Yeah, it was - They included it in their 747 supertanker, this picture being the innards of one.
    Nope. Chemtrails. They obviously fit that into each and every commercial aviation jetliner.
  • I see no reason why they couldn't use the same equipment to disperse mind-control chemicals like G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate.
  • edited May 2012
    He's Australian, what could ALIUMS possibly do to him?
    I think Australia is really a chunk of an alien Death World blown off of its home planet by Verneshot and come to rest on earth.

Ahhh, Australia. Our own little slice of Catachan.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I see no reason why they couldn't use the same equipment to disperse mind-control chemicals like G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate.
    This was, of course, after the fluoridation of drinking water failed.
  • edited May 2012
    I see no reason why they couldn't use the same equipment to disperse mind-control chemicals like G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate.
    Silly girl, there's no such thing as G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate.

Everyone knows government mind control is done using psychowave emitters tucked into cable boxes and televisions, which take their orders from secret codes transmitted during cooking shows. That's why my family never watches Masterchef, and why the Food Network is the greatest danger to America today.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK. 0_0

THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK. 0_0

You've been watching too much Food Network.
  • According the WBC, the Food Network will teach people how to properly season babies.
  • According the WBC, the Food Network will teach people how to properly season babies.
    Bobby Flay is the DEVIL!!!