This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Isn't he from...Hell's Kitchen?

I'll show myself out.
  • edited May 2012

Cute and funny Ukulele Girl + Stephen Fry

Not seeing a problem with this.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited May 2012
    Higgs Boson explained in comic form courtesy of Jorge Cham. Brilliant.
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • edited May 2012
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited May 2012
    HDR of yesterday's sunset over my city:

EDIT - And here's the source, packed with all sorts of gorgeous photos.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Those remind me of this:
  • edited May 2012
    So I found a video of Pikachu's voice actress.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited May 2012
    So what do you do when your hobby of dressing up like medieval knights and beating each other with sticks stops being challenging enough?

You fly to Poland, get suited up in steel armor, and beat the shit out of each other with actual steel weapons.

These guys are a special brand of crazy.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I COULDN'T FIND WHERE TO WATCH THE STREAM. T_T
  • I COULDN'T FIND WHERE TO WATCH THE STREAM. T_T
    Yeah, Lucan had posted it on his Facebook. But the stream started at, like, 6 AM EST. Every fight happened when I was at work. So, no live brawling for me. It's cool, though; Youtube exists.

Team USA performed admirably, but wasn't prepared for everything. For starters, we do much more rules-intensive single combat. The BOTN format is much more "KICK THE OTHER GUY'S ASS UNTIL HE GIVES UP" - so punching, kicking, grappling, and so forth.

Here, check out this 5 v 5:

Jaye (Lucan) made it to the final 8 in singles - which, considering that he's been at this for a total of 6 months, is pretty fucking impressive.
  • This could have been my favorite Saturday morning cartoon in the 80's, but instead it's a side scrolling MOBA. I like it. I've only played the demo but I like it.

• Yet again, Nedroid captures me perfectly.
  • Asian friend on FB posts this:

Had a horrible dream that I couldn't do basic math... Then I realized I am asian so that idea is ridiculous... Thank you stereotypes, you brought me back to reality.

Made me laugh pretty damn hard.
  • edited May 2012
    Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary.
    Over many a strange and spurious pronsite of 'hot XXX galore'.
    While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning.
    And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
    "Tis not possible!", I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server,

Post edited by Banta on
  • An interesting way to hire people, code sprint. Tune into a stream for the questions, code the answers live while stream is taking place. Sample questions on the site.
  • Oh damn.

• The clipping... Oh god the clipping.
  • edited May 2012
    Man demonstrates the third way in the Prisoner's Dilema, then finishes it off like a sucker sir.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • edited May 2012
    That's awesome, though a significant factor in why that worked is that this game is not quite the real PD.
    In this game, if your opponent is picking Steal, it makes no difference whether you pick Split or Steal, whereas in the real PD you get more by defecting when your opponent also defects.
    Another important aspect of the real PD is that when both players co-operate, they get more in total then when either defects.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on