This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• People still care about PDFs?
    They can be filled with all kinds of evil. If it's from a reputable site, no problem.
    They can be filled with all kinds of evil. If it's from a reputable site, no problem.
    Hmm. It's an electronic version of a response to an FOIA request. I can't vouch for the host, though.

In years and years of opening all sorts of PDFs I've never had a system compromised. At least, not in a way that I've noticed or that's been picked up by multiple scanners I use. That's not to say it can't/doesn't happen...

So... sorry for the shady link..?
  • This should just be renamed to the Reddit thread.
  • edited August 2012
    This should just be renamed to the Reddit thread.
    Ironically, the "I've seen it on Reddit, so it must have been taken from Reddit" attitude is almost ubiquitous on Reddit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I don't see anything wrong with FRC people lifting something from another site when they'd like to discuss it with other FRC people rather than the community on whatever external site.
  • This should just be renamed to the Reddit thread.
    Ironically, the "I've seen it on Reddit, so it must have been taken from Reddit" attitude is almost ubiquitous on Reddit.
    Repost.

• I don't see anything wrong with FRC people lifting something from another site when they'd like to discuss it with other FRC people rather than the community on whatever external site.
    I actually use the forum as a filter for Reddit. Other people go find the best things and post them here so I can read it without having to waste my day on Reddit. :P
  • ^Pretty much.
  • ^Pretty much.
  • That's why we do Things of the Day. A few of the more Internet-addicted of you follow my Youtube likes, read College Humor every day, etc... For the rest of you, the Things of the Day are a curated collection of cool things from all the sites we follow.
    Top Reddit comment: "At least he got a BJ first."

• Let's just not mention where I got this.
  • The rebar crossbow is my favorite weapon in that game after the super gravity gun. It suits my sniper tendencies juuuuust fine.
  • video
    dat *boingk* sound

• edited August 2012
    video
    dat *boingk* sound

You know, that song has two points of memory reference for me - First time I picked up a girl linedancing, and once I knocked myself out, while dancing to it drunk.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • The cat is even named Arya.
  • Remember Funkoars, who released this great track I showed y'all?

Well, they have a new track called Carl Sagan. It's boss.
  • I never look at Reddit, and never post stuff here from there. Or maybe it also appears there at some point, but I get it via elsewhere. Just keep posting the best of Reddit so I don't have to visit, please!
  • I never look at Reddit, and never post stuff here from there. Or maybe it also appears there at some point, but I get it via elsewhere. Just keep posting the best of Reddit so I don't have to visit, please!
    I'm 100% with you on both counts.
  • Isn't the HL2 crossbow an instant kill?
  • Isn't the HL2 crossbow an instant kill?
    On smaller targets; Poison Zombies and big machines can take more than one shot.

My think of the day is that somebody seems to have leaked some or all of the Avengers' gag reel.
  • edited August 2012
    Well, I visited this thread just now and it says the video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Disney. If this isn't an Australia-only ban, that was damned fast.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Well, I visited this thread just now and it says the video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Disney. If this isn't an Australia-only ban, that was damned fast.
    Nope, happening over here in the US, too.
  • edited August 2012

Somebody grabbed this as the building was collapsing. Like the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Avengers gag real it will forever be unfinished for modern eyes but remain venerated.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I've still got it open in another tab. I feel like I have an obligation to get a copy of it somehow.
  • Do you have screen recording software? You could use that.
  • edited August 2012
    No, but I think I'll get some. What do you recommend?
    EDIT: Also, I'm using a mac.
    Post edited by Snickety-Snake on