This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Putin, gun, shoot myself.

That'll fuck up his day.
  • edited September 2012

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • That locked in a room thing seems way easy. Two computers, phone, internet, fridge, punching bag, books, garden, pen and water heater. Double up the screens from the computers and use the extra budget for a scanner and spare parts. Fridge stocked with sweet fruits and drink mix to get some sweetness up in. Books will be textbooks of various sorts.

Every morning, I get up, exercise, shower, and use my time to write books, draw, and study. I use the internet to publish works online, maybe make a little bit of money from books, webcomics, whatever I want to produce with my infinite spare time, and reinvesting that money endlessly as I have no expenses, save if I want to get a few online degrees. The phone lets me contact humans on the off chance I get lonely, plus if I decide I don't like it here anymore I can call the authorities; these scientists are mad, after all, and are probably not government sanctioned. When I get out, I'll have a nice little bit of money waiting for me and I'll have spent the time doing pretty much everything I love.

That is honestly an ideal existence for me.
  • I just need the phone to call 911 and have them trace the call. Everything else would just be "what will improve life outside the most and/or can I bring it with me."
  • I think it would be interesting to watch Putin, Mark Twain, and Nikola Tesla have a conversation.

Also, this hypothetical situation (including the best meals in the world, infinite free time, and no expenses) seems a lot better than reality. What's the downside?
  • edited September 2012
    Who the hell would pick any food option other than the plates? They're very nearly dominated options.

Also, in the spirit of gaming the system, I'd pick the home bar, pick super-expensive alcohols, and stash them away so that I could sell them for huge moneys upon my release.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Who the hell would pick any food option other than the plates? They're very nearly dominated options.
    I was thinking about plates + fridge. That way I could have two full meals and some little stuff between meals, breakfast and like.

• As for the above chart, I would definitely pick:
    Communication
    1. Computer - especially if I could get a tablet and scanner in the mix, and the correct software. I could do all my art, writing, animation, you name it.
    2. Internet - This way I could put my ideas out there and also get inspiration and study. Even with the data limit I could still post a comic and animation weekly and have tons of data left over for reading books and even downloading a film at the end of each month.
    3. Phone - I can talk to my parents and Rym and all the other people who I left behind. I will miss them, but I love to hear their voices occasionally.
    Living
    4. Water Heater - Warm water is important
    5. Yard with Pool: Exercise, nature, and human companion all in one! Also, I can garden and take care of the plants! This is a super good deal. I could jog around here and do exercises.
    6. Fridge and Groceries: Important, because I could bake and have something to keep essentials in, but essentials are all that 100$ will buy. I would like to practice cooking.
    7. Plates of Food. Obviously! I could share them with one person, and it would be very nice to eat anything I craved once a day. Gruel and fridge cereal are fine for breakfast.
    8. Punching bag - A good way to release stress and practice martial arts.
    Companionship
    9. Paper and pen for Sketching
    This is a complicated one because I don't know if they would be there 100% of the time. I don't want them there all the time, but I suppose I can go into the garden when I want to be alone.
    Is the Korean lady the only way we get cleaning supplies? Is there a place to do the dishes? I think I would probably choose the smart white girl, but I worry that too much time together would drive us crazy. She's probably my best bet: Smart feminist who can teach me languages. I could talk to the school girl, but she doesn't sound that interesting as a person, "generic?." I want someone who I could have intellectual discussions with and who could help me write. I feel like "feminist" is someone I could have a healthy physical and a healthy emotional relationship with. I don't think I would chose the Boxxy dog, because he would not get the right vet care and socialization being trapped by himself. I want my dog to live a good doggy life. If the smart girl was okay with being trapped with me and she was nice to me, I could live with her and we could share the bed. If she was not nice I would choose the Korean Grandma and she could be my surrogate mom and I would practice Korean with her.
  • Aren't there some ethical implications to choosing people to be with you? Unless they're going to be trapped in their own room if I don't choose them, I think I'd have a hard time forcing someone else to be trapped against their will.
  • edited September 2012
    I know. I assumed they are volunteers, and if they can't go out of the room, it worries me. They would have to have the choice to be trapped, because then they would hate me if I forced them to be there. I think pool boy just comes to clean the pool, so I don't think he is stuck.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I watched a documentary on those Japanese clubs where girls go to party with mid-20s guys on Netflix a while back and now Wold Order made a video and I got the reference!

Also, the whole situation with the clubs seems quite bizarre from a westerner's point of view. What is even more interesting is that their patrons (at least as they were portrayed in the film) were mostly working girls who try to get the boyfriend experience (and spend a shit ton of money fulfilling that fantasy).
  • I too watched it. I thought it was fascinating how many of the women were also working in the simulated-interpersonal-fulfillment industry (for lack of a better term of the top of my head).
  • Bruce R Cordell added me as a Facebook friend?
  • Am I the only one who would stockpile a large cache of drugs + 12k cash and try to make some money off being imprisoned? Then it would be computer, books, internet, liquor, punching bag, fridge and oven.
  • If you went through this, you could write a book about your experience and make way more money than you could from selling drugs, and not get arrested in the process. Especially if you bring in Darwin and get him to have sex with Mozart.
  • My assumption is that any persons/animals are trapped with you at all times. My solution doesn't work if I didn't just trap Putin in a prison cell with a dead body and two unloaded revolvers.
  • edited September 2012
    I would just try to write, draw, and study a lot, as well as train my body. In some ways it has elements of the perfect existence, but I think there are a lot of things that would drive me crazy. Also, I don't know if I could deal with being stuck with one person for a decade in one room, especially if they were resentful and blamed me for their captivity. If it was my fault they were stuck I could not justify it. However, even if the poolboy was trapped, I would not give up the yard. We could deal with it. I would share my gruel with him if he could not get out, and he could stay inside sometimes.
    Perhaps I would choose books instead of girl.
    Also, maybe they are complex Robotic simulations. How else could they get all the dead famous people?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • No... nooo! Not robo Putin!
  • But then why does the person of your choice have to be currently alive and real?
  • Picking up roomie and found this you should buy it.
  • Am I the only one who would stockpile a large cache of drugs + 12k cash and try to make some money off being imprisoned? Then it would be computer, books, internet, liquor, punching bag, fridge and oven.
    I had similar thoughts, but assuming you can pick *any* alcohol, then that's potentially worth orders of magnitude more money than any of the drugs, and without the risks of illegality.

The whole thing can be found here.
  • Polandball is now officially my favorite internet meme ever.
  • I've gotta read more of that kid superheroes comic! The art is awesome.
  • Kid batman is hilarious.

It had never ocured to me that this would happen.