This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Australia map
    Fuck, that must be old. Danni Minogue has lived in London for AGES now.

Also, while that guy is kind of a dickhead, some of the people in that video are weapons grade crazy.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Oh, look. It's a video from that guy who went on an insane Reddit rant about how he wanted people to get raped, and planned to rape them himself. :D
  • edited March 2013
    And that bit I didn't know. Well, looks like everyone in that video but for Sarkeesian herself is weapons grade crazy, then. That'll learn me for underestimating how many people on the internet are fucking batshit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you fucking drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow.
    Sounds like a p. cool guy whose opinions you should trust, Lord Mordrek. :D
  • edited March 2013
    hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
    noun Rhetoric .
    obvious and intentional exaggeration.
    an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

There you go Dave!
    Post edited by Lord Mordrek on
  • edited March 2013
    hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
    I hope you mean yourself, because when I looked it up, that guy was definitely not using the fine art of intentional hyperbole. He was serious business going mental, having a full-on meltdown. The dude went full-on Wile E. Coyote over the edge, and didn't realize he'd done something wrong till people really started dogpiling on him like group discount day at a cheap brothel.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Yeah DAVE! As long as your not exaggerating when your telling someone that you hope that they drown in rape semen it makes saying that shit OK. I mean come on, get with the times old man.
  • "I told her, "You’re lucky it wasn't me. I’d have busted your fucking nose and raped you."

HEY GUYS, J/K.
  • In any case, the point of the video is that by disallowing feedback of any kind, Ms. Sarkeesian has potentially damaged her own credibility by making it appear as if she cannot defend her ideas.
  • edited March 2013
    In any case, the point of the video is that by disallowing feedback of any kind, Ms. Sarkeesian has potentially damaged her own credibility by making it appear as if she cannot defend her ideas.
    She hasn't disallowed shit. She's just not letting links to it happen on her video page - because the vast majority of them will no doubt be of absolutely no value. I'm sick of people pretending this is an issue.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • In any case, the point of the video is that by disallowing feedback of any kind, Ms. Sarkeesian has potentially damaged her own credibility by making it appear as if she cannot defend her ideas.
    A point that's already been argued for and against here so I won't bother repeating it. I'll also note, we're all poisoning the well a bit here, but seriously - that dude, kinda scum. And I mean he's kinda scum in the same way that I mean Harold Shipman kinda killed a person or two.

• I don't know if anyone posted it on this forum, but Timo tweeted it and I've listened to it several times now:
  • edited March 2013
    Gah! I've been wanting to listen to that, just haven't had the time.

Also Inanimate Objects Posed in Funny Positions.

Edit: Geez. The Blu Ray is going for $100 on Amazon, but you can get it from Japan for $60+ shipping.

UGH.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Also Inanimate Objects Posed in Funny Positions.
    Notice how half-way through the creator had to start adding his name/blog to the images. Seriously, you lot should add Bent Objects' RSS to your Google Reader.
  • Ok, at 47:00 with the little girl singing and them come out with Ponyo hand puppets is way too adorable.
  • Isn't she, like, 12?
  • In a Japanese game that's about the same.
  • edited March 2013

(Note: it's a fake)
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • First 3:30.
  • Poe's law applies.
  • I think you have to have a social disorder to believe that Poe's law applies to this.
  • Perhaps.
    :-)