This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• RymRym
    edited April 2013
    Post edited by Rym on
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2013

While doing research for my Great Anime Directors panel, I was looking for videos of the anime adaptation of Anne of Green Gables (which is incidentally one of my favorite novels). I looked on YouTube and found that some awesome person had reedited the first 20 episodes together into a seven hour video. Normally this wouldn't be awesome because I would have to remember where I left off, but now that Youtube remembers where you leave off in long videos, so hells yeah.

Up to episode 10 so far and am loving it.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Quick, somebody tell Rym: The Cat Empire are playing New York at the Best Buy theatre in June. And before you think I'm pulling a prank - April Fools was Yesterday for us, this isn't the kind of joke the cat empire would likely pull, and It's listed on the official website.
  • !!!!!

Yeah, I'm going.
  • !!!!!

Yeah, I'm going.
    An outcome we never could have predicted, I am shocked at this turn of events.

Nah, real talk, I know you dig it, so happy to let you know about it.

For the rest of you, they're also playing Boston, Seattle, Chicago, and some others, with more dates to come. I'll let y'all know.
  • For the rest of you, they're also playing Boston, Seattle, Chicago, and some others, with more dates to come. I'll let y'all know.
    All ages?
  • edited April 2013
    For the rest of you, they're also playing Boston, Seattle, Chicago, and some others, with more dates to come. I'll let y'all know.
    All ages?
    They're playing the House of Blues, so it's a case of you tell me. I've not been to Boston, nor the House of Blues, I honestly don't know if their concerts are typically 18+ or not. I doubt it, though, they're not exactly the world's most offensive band.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • That would be a fail of the day for me.
  • edited April 2013
    Well, it's a reference to XKCD, and the point being made is a valid one.

There's an argument to be had on sexism, but even though Richard Dawkins has been known for a bit of it, I don't think this case is problematic in that way.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Dawkin's is being "that guy" to a very high degree. Among other problems with the video.
  • True, to people who don't appreciate the reference it's a pretty big faux pas, but then Dawkins already has a reputation for that kind of thing anyway.
    I told you this day would come.
  • What is that from?
  • What is that from?
    I have no idea, I saw it on facebook.
  • edited April 2013
    My thing of the day is dedicated to Churba.

Post edited by Dromaro on
  • I'll admit, I laughed.
  • edited April 2013
    So someone was throwing away a Linksys E1550 and I installed Shibby's Tomato mod:
    • 64 MB RAM + 16MB NOR (8MB of RAM is considered generous.)
    • VPN + USB + FTP/SMB/NFS + Print Server
    • Wireless N
    • Built in BT client
    Kicks fuckken ass. Now I need to get another power cable (I've borrowed one from something else.), bridge the basic TWC modem/router and have the best internet around here.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • For lack of a better place to put this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22015175

And also a poke to Scott to post the damn book already.
  • edited April 2013
    The Geeknights' unofficial pixel painter has items on sale.

Support Squarepainter
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • lackofcheese, I love you for introducing me to that comic.

• Man, we talked about that comic a while ago. It's fun to catch up on it.
  • edited April 2013
    Well, Boston Dynamics has come up with another walking robot, this time with a humanoid form factor.

So naturally, here's the first thing I did.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba, you're a beautiful human being. Never forget that.