This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• He propably said Snag roll, Snag being kiwi/Aussie slang for "Sausage". It's a Sausage roll, as sung about in the AC/DC classic "It's a long way to the shop(if you want a sausage roll)".
  • edited June 2013
    He specifically said sag. I echoed it back a few times since I had never heard of it. But the way they described it, you're probably right. 5 inches or so long, about 3 inches in diameter, pastry filled with beef and sausage?

And I'll have to take kiwi bro in laws word on the pie seeing as I've never had a legit Aussie pie, myself.

Make Scott try some at PAX!!
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Dude he's a Kiwi they talk really weird. But yeah, that's the gig.
    Make Scott try some at PAX!!
    I'm not sure how likely that is, but we might manage to get one down Rym. Americans, are you brave enough to eat a pastry full of allegedly beef and thick gravy?
  • I'D EAT IT IN A SECOND! But I'm fat so...

Apparently that shop, btw, is JUMPING. They still haven't officially opened their doors (still in soft launch) and they are selling out of things constantly in the "Holy shit, we have no ingredients left" kind of way. The more I talk about the place the more I need to get hot and get the fuck down there.
  • I'm not surprised, pies are fucking great.

• This is the epitome of stress free let's playing.
  • My new favorite thing in all of music isn't even a music. It's this:
  • I was just imagining what a new AJJ album would sound like. That was the face I made.
  • edited June 2013
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited June 2013
    Maybe NSFW:
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Lose your "w"s. They break the embed thing.
  • The link was deliberate.
  • So, PirateBay is doing some js-popup stuff nowadays. If you don't want this to happen, I recommend adding this custom filter to AdblockPlus:
    http:$image,~image,popup,third-party,domain=thepiratebay.se
  • Only one word is fitting for this video, and it starts with "A" and ends with "mazing".
  • edited June 2013
    This looks cool. http://store.steampowered.com/app/228300/
    Edit:Hmm, bad metascore.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • According to Giantbomb: "That art design, the game's intriguing story, and the terrific score by composer Olivier Deriviere are ultimately betrayed by Remember Me's slavish dedication to a game design that just doesn't quite work."
  • Fucking Mad Dog McCree. I used to play the hell out of that game at Disneyland when I was a kid.
  • Horrible Histories - a show that puts most grown up sketch shows to shame plus it has awesome songs

• So I checked out the latest thing that caused all the crazy and dumb people in this country to start frothing at the mouth, an Australian-Canadian cartoon called SheZow. Central gimmick? Young boy gets super powers meant for a girl, and as such is forced by the ring to wear a girl's costume to use the powers. Not that bad a show, and probably worth checking out.
  • So it's basically every Boy-accidentally-becomes-a-magical-girl show, then? Well, except for the part where it's not bad.
  • Pretty much. But it's not from Japan, so everyone's in a huge tizzy over it.
  • Because we can't have boys in girls clothes, right? That'd just be weird. They should watch something wholesome and family friendly like we had back in the day, like Monty Python or the Aunty Jack show.
  • Stealing this from Mike's fb.