This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Indeed, it was.

I hope I wasn't the only one who thought at the magic bit "yeah yeah, he isn't in there anymore anyway" and then was surprised how fast he got back there where he came back from.
  • I liked this tweet:

An industry that puts on live stage shows every day is the only one that knows how to put on a terrific awards show. Go figure! - Andy Ihnatko
  • Rendezvous with Rama:

• CBS Interactive. So, it's being made into a television movie?
  • Man, now I really want to watch old Star Trek movies...
  • I saw this pic of the thing first and I thought this was literally how they're sold to you for a second.. totally Pi style: image
  • Uh...what is it?
  • New Mac Pro design.
  • edited June 2013

Post edited by okeefe on
  • All the burns on the Xbox One now that Sony announced the PS4

• This man is so entertaining. I would try the Human Jack-o-Lantern, but I know I'd burn myself.
  • The Movie Mud was ridiculously good, I recommend it highly to anyone and everyone.
  • This man is so entertaining. I would try the Human Jack-o-Lantern, but I know I'd burn myself.
    Weird video: the "scams" they present are mostly magic tricks and tricking people by rules lawyering, but some of them (e.g. the numbers-in-boxes one here) are piss-easy logic puzzles. I guess TIL that some things I think are easy actually aren't.
    Weird video: the "scams" they present are mostly magic tricks and tricking people by rules lawyering, but some of them (e.g. the numbers-in-boxes one here) are piss-easy logic puzzles. I guess TIL that some things I think are easy actually aren't.
    Well he admits that most of the scams are that way. Some are easy, some are logic puzzles and some are total goofs. But I do appreciate that some of his card tricks and the openers are from memorizing neat science tips/surprises. To his credit, he's a professional fire eater and always entertaining/energetic.
    Well he admits that most of the scams are that way. Some are easy, some are logic puzzles and some are total goofs. But I do appreciate that some of his card tricks and the openers are from memorizing neat science tips/surprises. To his credit, he's a professional fire eater and always entertaining/energetic.
    Well, yeah, of course they are. They're bar tricks, not the coming of the next david copperfield. They're mostly made to be performed with zero equipment, very little to zero prep, and to be easy to remember and whip out at the appropriate time, little one-time tricks to win you a beer or two, or a few bucks in an evening.

• OzOz
    edited June 2013
    Post edited by Oz on
  • Anyone can redirect a domain to any other site.
  • Anyone can redirect a domain to any other site.
    I was seeing if were xboxone.com went, mistyped the url and ended up at the playstation website. Thought it was kinda funny.

• edited June 2013
    xboxdone.com
    The WHOIS data is pretty funny (and obviously fake)
    Registrant Contact:
    Microsoft Corporation
    Domain Administrator ()

Fax:
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052
    US

Administrative Contact:
    Microsoft Corporation
    Domain Administrator (@microsoft.com)
    +1.4258828080
    Fax: +1.5555555555
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052
    US

Technical Contact:
    Microsoft Corporation
    Domain Administrator (@microsoft.com)
    +1.4258828080
    Fax: +1.5555555555
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052
    US
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I've seen that fax number somewhere before...
  • edited June 2013
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Google buys Waze for $1.03 billion.
    What the fuck is Waze???

*A quick Google search later*

Oh! It's an app doing all the stuff people are pissed at the government for doing. Only they're asking permission and I'm getting a possible benefit from the situation... I'll try it.
  • edited June 2013
    This can only be done with the older readers as they added encryption to the newer models.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I have one of those old readers! Cool!