This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Wavves is now on RCRD LBL. Weed Demon and Wavves are pretty much my favorite songs of the whole year.
  • Prop 8: The MusicalComplete with a star-filled cast, and Jack Black as Jesus Christ. It's awesome. Watch it.
    Indeed, that was awesome.

Ok, as for my thing of the day: Gurren Lagann Yotsuba. Even though I haven't seen Gurren Lagann yet, I know that image is leetsauce.
  • edited December 2008
    At 5:41 AM, GMT, On the fourth of december, 2008, I saw snow, proper, real snow, for the first time in my life. Absolutely speechless.

That, and i proceeded to spend near on the next two hours playing about in it, without another soul about in the streets.

I am now a very happy panda.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • 3D video projection and stuff.

I was pretty shocked to find that there is no CG involved here.
  • @Gunter If I weren't looking at this on a 2D screen what would I be seeing?
  • @Gunter If I weren't looking at this on a 2D screen what would I be seeing?
    I'm pretty sure it'd look about the same. The 3D part comes from the way that they're projecting images onto a 3D surface.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm pretty sure it'd look about the same. The 3D part comes from the way that they're projecting images onto a 3D surface.
    Ah, thought so, just some of those looked like they were meant to be viewed from very odd angles.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • For those of you not keeping up with the coolest off road vehicle out there, here is the introduction:

It has been computer and remote controlled for a while now but here is a team up with the US military for a mobile control base.
  • The National Association of Radio-Distress Signalling and Infocommunications in Hungary took their real time list of world wide disasters (earthquakes, toxic spills, volcanoes, explosions, you know, the usual) and put them all in a handy dandy map.
  • You Stupid New Yorkers! You Get Everything!
    Oh man, imagine stumbling in there about now, looking rather dishelved and speaking the words: "Jesus? It told me, the internet, it told me that... that I could touch Jesus in here."
  • Who ya gonna call?
  • Who ya gonna call?
    Voices, oh yeah~
  • I cannot express how excited I am for that game.
  • I cannot express how excited I am for that game.
    I have no idea when it's gonna come out. Apparantly it was supposed to come out around the sameish time as Fallout 3 and Call of Duty World at War and Mirrors Edge and all of the new ones .. but it hasn't. It was postponed to some time in the future and we don't know when. ... we being my coworkers and I at the video game store.

Also - my thing of the day. I got a call from some b-tards today at work asking for Battletoads - I was kinda going "teh fuck" thinking it was a horrible connection and such - until I heard someone singing "I'm so ronery" or some shite. I said, "Is there anything else?" and then "Have a nice day bye," without listening for a response. I was not happy, but I laughed later on.
  • Also - my thing of the day. I got a call from some b-tards today at work asking for Battletoads - I was kinda going "teh fuck" thinking it was a horrible connection and such - until I heard someone singing "I'm so ronery" or some shite. I said, "Is there anything else?" and then "Have a nice day bye," without listening for a response. I was not happy, but I laughed later on.
    Oh man, I would've totally cracked up when I got such a call.
  • Ghostbusters got delayed because when Activision and Blizzard combined Activision canned it saying that it didn't have sequel potential. So it's been in sort of limbo since then until it was announced recently that Atari has picked it up.

• Everybody needs a ninja... ._.
  • Auditorium is a music/gravity game where the job is to get the particles to the different bars to fill them up. Different gravity wells will move the particles around. Amazingly simple, yet wonderful on the ears.
  • Legend of Neil is a Legend of Zelda parody. And it's fucking awesome!
    edited December 2008
    Legend of Neilis a Legend of Zelda parody. And it's fucking awesome!
    Auditoriumis a music/gravity game where the job is to get the particles to the different bars to fill them up. Different gravity wells will move the particles around. Amazingly simple, yet wonderful on the ears.
    I... I... Did I jump backwards in time? Did I jump forward before? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, The Guild season 2 has started. First ep is hilariously crazy. Apparently a T1 line with a speed of "1.544 megaBITS/second" is "so fast".
    Post edited by ... on
  • Saw this posted on Urban Prankster today. The kart he's using looks awesome. :D
  • Here Be Dragons: An Introduction to Critical Thinking
    Has been posted before, a fair while ago though.

• I keep finding friends of mine have youtube accounts. Here's Nata telling a love story with her feet.
  • "Lord Vader's Former Handle, Anakin"
    CSS mnemonic.
  • The Last HOPE talks, all free, all online. Even to crazy foreigners like Nine.
  • I used to own a Famicon back in my country and this almost brought tears to my eyes.