This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Doctor Who and Torchwood (now with spoilers!)

Comments

• I'm watching all of the Tenth Doctor right now, having skipped the Ninth (Eccleson, not my cup of tea).
    I agree, but you missed one of the greatest "Oh snap!" moments a Dalek is ever going to get on the Doctor.

"You would make a good Dalek."
  • I'm watching all of the Tenth Doctor right now, having skipped the Ninth (Eccleson, not my cup of tea).
    I agree, but you missed one of the greatest "Oh snap!" moments a Dalek is ever going to get on the Doctor.

"You would make a good Dalek."
    Is that one from the episode "Dalek". Man, that was such a good episode.
  • He is coming!

• Second trailer has too much fan service for me. Really, the fez thing still?
  • edited January 2011
    Second trailer has too much fan service for me. Really, the fez thing still?
    Also, I can't wait for Neil Gaiman's episode :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Just got my 11th Doctor sonic screwdriver Wednesday!
    I was thinking on getting one do you have any thoughts on it?
    I've played with one. My verdict: Still a waste of money, though less of a waste than the 9/10 screwdriver because it's more solidly built.
    I've played with one. My verdict: Still a waste of money, though less of a waste than the 9/10 screwdriver because it's more solidly built.
    Hey, but the 10th Doctor has the psych-paper :D
  • Hey, but the 10th Doctor has the psych-paper :D
    So does the 11th. He uses it in Vampires of Venice.
  • Hey, but the 10th Doctor has the psych-paper :D
    So does the 11th. He uses it in Vampires of Venice.
    I am taking about the package of the toy, the 10th Doctor's screwdriver came with a psychic paper :P
  • Classic Doctor Who seems to think that HUGE collars are the pinnacle of future fashion.
  • Dr. Who MMO coming out made by Three Rings, same company that brought your Puzzle Pirates.

Just heard from my friend who works for them and he's a big Who fan and is very excited about it. FYI.
  • Dr. Who MMO coming out made by Three Rings, same company that brought your Puzzle Pirates.

Just heard from my friend who works for them and he's a big Who fan and is very excited about it. FYI.
    I hope is better than the games they came up with last year.
  • Some sad news for classic fans (like myself) of the passing of Nicholas Courtney, better known to Who fans as The Brigadier. I think Steven Moffat put it best: "Somewhere out there, The Doctor just got a little lonelier."
  • So, there is a new trailer
  • I believe this is relevant to the interests of many here:
  • edited April 2011
    Post edited by Brand on
  • This is why I love Doctor Who, their actors are good sports and love their fans :D
  • According to the BBC, Elizabeth Sladen, the actress who played Sarah Jane Smith, has died at the age of 63 of cancer. Source.
  • According to the BBC, Elizabeth Sladen, the actress who played Sarah Jane Smith, has died at the age of 63 of cancer. Source.
    She will be missed!
    Adios my dear Sarah Jane Smith!
  • O: Oh my.... Goodbye.
  • Both Elisabeth Sladen and Nicholas Courtney within three months. They, along with Jon Pertwee were my first introductions to Doctor Who. One last time for the memories...
  • The episodes with her are some of my favorites. I loved having a mom as one of the "main" heroines in the new series. I'm glad she's not suffering anymore, but I will miss seeing her as a guest star.
  • Wow, that first episode was awesome. It would have being even better if they should not have add the next time part. So many questions, so little time (for the Doctor).
  • I have to agree the season opener was really awesome. I didn't want the episode to end. I also liked the little jab at River Song as Mrs. Robinson. I totally loled.
  • Holy shit is this a fantastic way to start the new series. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time (and in a way I still am, curse you two-parters!!!)
  • Last Saturday for the first time in my life I watched a full episode of Doctor Who. Initially I was unsure where to start watching so I decided to go with the beginning of the latest doctor and downloaded the 5th series. Now I have watched about half of it and have been enjoying it. I will probably go to the beginning of 2005 series after that and continue chronologically from there.