This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weird things about you.

Comments

• The only kind of pie I like is pumpkin pie.
    But...but...Apple? Strawberry-rhubarb?
    This shit is DELICIOUS.
    Have you ever had Sweet Potato? The two are very similar; I have a hard time imagining that you would like one and not the other.
  • I like all pie. Except the mathematical kind. That kind can burn in hell.
  • I don't like pie or cheesecake!
  • I don't like pie or cheesecake!
    Yay to the pie comment, screw you to the cheesecake comment.
  • I am weird.

Let me count (a few of) the ways:

1) I have longer hair than almost all of the women I know.
    2) When I am embarrassed about something I overcompensate and try to be the first to make fun of myself for it.
    3) I have all the current consoles (and most of the last couple generations) but I play my PS3 the most.
    4) I enjoy the furry fandom.
    5) I don't like fish, but I do like Sushi
    6) I use a Mac.
    7) My last car was a Corvette, my current is a Prius. I love them both.
    8) I am an Eagle Scout
    9) I fetishize my lovers fetishes. (I get off on them getting off on what whatever it is that gets them off)
    10) When I'm bored I make survival plans for wherever I happen to be, anything from zombie outbreak to spies need my laptop.
  • 9) I fetishize my lovers fetishes. (I get off on them getting off on what whatever it is that gets them off)
    Bizarre fetishes and needless meta, together at last.
  • 9) I fetishize my lovers fetishes. (I get off on them getting off on what whatever it is that gets them off)
    Bizarre fetishes and needless meta, together at last.
    Metaphilia, perhaps?
    4) I enjoy the furry fandom.
    ?_?
  • Metaphilia, perhaps?
    S/He probably just gets off to people getting off. Possibly a form of voyeurism.
  • Metaphilia, perhaps?
    S/He probably just gets off to people getting off. Possibly a form of voyeurism.
    I wouldn't jump to voyeurism, as that suggests a desire to not be/a lack of desire to be included...

On the other hand "Metaphilia"?

That's FANTASTIC!
  • I like to stare at typography, and critique it.
  • I can crack my right ankle ridiculously well.
    Both of my ankles crack any time I rotate them. I think it started after several sprained ankles from dance lessons when I was little.
    Me too, I can just keep cracking and cracking it every time I twitch it a certain way.
  • edited January 2010
    I can't help making sound effects when I draw. If I'm drawing an explosion, I'm making explosion sounds with my mouth. Also, whenever I draw a facial expression, my face takes on that expression involuntarily.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Also, whenever I draw a facial expression, my face takes on that expression involuntarily.
    I also do this, as well as when I imagine any sort of emotional reaction. More than once I've had to explain then when I started quietly giggling or groaning in inappropriate situations.
  • Also, whenever I draw a facial expression, my face takes on that expression involuntarily.
    I also do this, as well as when I imagine any sort of emotional reaction. More than once I've had to explain then when I started quietly giggling or groaning in inappropriate situations.
    Wow! I thought I was the only one!
  • I do the above, but I meticulously imagine conversation lines that haven't occurred and my face involuntarily makes the expressions I'd make. I often do this while walking on the quad in the cold; I'm glad no one seems to have noticed.
  • I do the above, but I meticulously imagine conversation lines that haven't occurred and my face involuntarily makes the expressions I'd make. I often do this while walking on the quad in the cold; I'm glad no one seems to have noticed.
    I'm not the only one! I make up entire scenarios based on my current happenings. Ranging from the grim to the silly.
    I'm not the only one! I make up entire scenarios based on my current happenings. Ranging from the grim to the silly.
    All of this. I often feel really bad about it, too. I feel like I should be spending more time thinking about what is actually happening instead of a scenario that most likely will not happen.
  • All of this. I often feel really bad about it, too. I feel like I should be spending more time thinking about what is actually happening instead of a scenario that most likely will not happen.
    Apparently this isn't as strange as we thought.
  • edited January 2010
    All of this. I often feel really bad about it, too.
    Tell me about it. I do this with girls I'm interested in, except I spend more time imagining conversations we would have instead of actually interacting with the girl in question.

Perhaps this is why I have never had a girlfriend.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited January 2010
    All of this. I often feel really bad about it, too.
    Tell me about it. I do this with girls I'm interested in, except I spend more time imagining conversations we would have instead of actually interacting with the girl in question.
    Omg this. I've gotten a lot better, though.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Omg this.
    We have too much in common.
  • Our brains are world simulators, they love pondering possibilities. None of what your guys are saying is weird.
  • edited January 2010
    Well...this is why we think it's weird.

Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • One more here for the "pre-enacts conversations that will probably never happen" camp. Actually, I often run over concepts in my head (usually about drawing, but also about martial arts and stuff like that) as if I'm teaching it to someone. They say teaching is one of the best ways to learn, so maybe I'm doing something right.
  • One more here for the "pre-enacts conversations that will probably never happen" camp. Actually, I often run over concepts in my head (usually about drawing, but also about martial arts and stuff like that) as if I'm teaching it to someone. They say teaching is one of the best ways to learn, so maybe I'm doing something right.
    Wow, I never thought to do that...

It might come in useful, really.