This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weird things about you.

Comments

• Either way, I guess it really depends on where you come from on what you eat, like Funfetus said.
    Don't worry. People are silly here too, why don't they eat their apples whole.
    I can has dirt cookie? It's edible, right? ;_;
    I never have, and never will store cookies not made from cookie in my cookie vault, so no dirt cookies.
  • edited August 2009
    I like to eat the tails of shrimp as well as the meat
    All of my chinese/vietnamese friends do this. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing, or if they're just weird.
    My mom likes to suck the brains out of shrimp. It freaks me out.
    I also enjoy chewing on twigs (they have sugar wood in some shops in holland)
    in Spain, they sell twigs from where liquorice comes from. Forget your pansy liquorice nineless, I chew on wood! Oh, sugar cane is also pretty good. You can get a proper stick of sugar cane that's a foot long.

Edit: I remembered that I can't eat whipped cream. It's pretty good, but it feels very dense when I eat it. I feel very bleh after eating a bit of whipped cream and lose my appetite quickly. My dad says it could be from my scandinavian heritage, from which there were lactose intolorent people. I can drink milk, but whipped cream is just bleargh.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Oh, sugar cane is also pretty good. You can get a proper stick of sugar cane that's a foot long.
    Hell yeah - The Area I spent a good part of my life growing up in was a big sugar cane producing area - well, most of my state is, but it's particularly concentrated there - and sittin' around, lookin' around on the beach with a nice, big Rum(made from sugar cane) and a big old stalk of sugarcane to snack on, hell yeah.
    edited August 2009
    in Spain, they sell twigs from where liquorice comes from. Forget your pansy liquorice nineless, I chew on wood!
    So? Don't you think we do the same? We just happen to make said wood more awesome. Also, the only reason why you can buy frikandel in Spain is because of Dutch tourists. Now what bitch?
    Post edited by ... on
  • Forget your pansy liquorice nineless, I chew on wood!
    Nine Chews on slightly licorice flavored ROCK SALT.
    edited August 2009
    Nine Chews on slightly licorice flavored ROCK SALT.
    THESE ARE OUR POTATOES!
    AND OUR CARROTS! AND OUR SPINACH! AND OUR PEAS! AND OUR BANANAS! AND OUR LASAGNA! WE DISCERN THEM BY THEIR TASTE! BANANAS ARE REALLY FUCKING SALTY! WE ALSO LIVE BELOW THE SEA! ALSO, DOLPHINS DID 9/11, BUSH JUST WANTED OIL!
    Post edited by ... on
  • Ever heard of a Dutch Oven? FUCK THAT.

THIS IS A DUTCH OVEN.
  • THIS IS A DUTCH OVEN.
    I read that and thought of entirely the wrong "dutch oven"
  • edited August 2009
    I read that and thought of entirely the wrong "dutch oven"
    The one you're thinking of comes after using the "MOTHERFUCKING DUTCH OVEN".
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I read that and thought of entirely the wrong "dutch oven"
    The one you're thinking of comes after using the "MOTHERFUCKING DUTCH OVEN".
    I still say it can't compare to a "Russian Oven" - It's the same as a dutch oven, but after eating a Russian Diet. Russian Death Chamber, More like.
  • No. Do you fucking eat the bone after you've eaten a T-Bone steak?
    The bone's not edible, like the stick of an apple. The crust of bread, and the core of an apple, are edible.
    Sure it is. So is the core. Dirt is edible. Steel is mostly edible. A lot of things that aren't considered 'food' are edible. Does that make most people want to eat them? No.
    Um.
    Apple seeds contain Cyanide, dood....
  • edited August 2009
    No. Do you fucking eat the bone after you've eaten a T-Bone steak?
    The bone's not edible, like the stick of an apple. The crust of bread, and the core of an apple, are edible.
    Sure it is. So is the core. Dirt is edible. Steel is mostly edible. A lot of things that aren't considered 'food' are edible. Does that make most people want to eat them? No.
    Um.
    Apple seeds contain Cyanide, dood....
    Well then apparently Nine eats cyanide. Nothing wrong with him! I'm sure there isn't even enough to matter.

EDIT: Ooh, did some research on the chemical inside apple seeds, and apparently they are toxic enough to scare the shit out of birds. Amygdalin (the chemical), and the health effects of the apple.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Apple seeds contain Cyanide, dood....
    Before you could eat enough apple seeds for the cyanide to kill you, the fact that you ate that many apple seeds regardless of the cyanide would kill you.
  • If I am bored, I will start to chew the inside of my mouth. It's a very bad idea to leave me alone with nothing to do for a long time. I'm sure I could eat my lips given enough time.
  • EDIT: Ooh, did some research on the chemical inside apple seeds
    Sadly you did zero thinking, you sensationalistic Fox News reporter-wannabee.
    apparently they are toxic enough to scare the shit out of birds.
    Scare the shit out of? Lol, read your article boy.
    usually not enough to be dangerous to humans, but it can deter birds.
    It can deter birds yes, not always, but it can. Also we shouldn't forget that your average bird weighs 1/150th of an average human (a crow weighs like 1 pound), so the quantity of poison that is dangerous for your average bird is only 1/150th of the quantity of that poison needed to be dangerous for a human.
    Well then apparently Nine eats cyanide. Nothing wrong with him! I'm sure there isn't even enough to matter.
    I said I spit the seeds if I come across them, I just don't bother going out of my way to pick out the few seeds that make up less than 10% of a freaking apple core, which in turn consist for a small percentage out of cyanide. I don't eat cyanide, I just don't mind accidentally swallowing minuscule amounts of it when eating an apple, since it is as dangerous as me walking down the stairs. You people go continue throwing away your crusts, you're all silly toddlers.
  • LOL! Dutch superiority ftw!
  • No. Do you fucking eat the bone after you've eaten a T-Bone steak?
    Fun fact: The part of the apple that we most often eat is actually the stem tissue of the plant. The "core" is the reproductive part of the plant, which is why it has a delineation between it and the fleshy tissue around it. The core is still plenty edible, it is just slightly less convenient to eat than the stem tissue.

So actually, you are eating only the stem when you don't eat the entire apple.

That's because the apple is a pome, which is a fucking weird fruit type.
  • LOL! Dutch superiority ftw!
  • I slip into my Southern accent when I meet knew people or am in high-etiquette mode. I don't mean to and I didn't realize that I did until my husband pointed it out.
    I also have trouble saying the word bag correctly. Again, my husband pointed this out.
  • edited August 2009
    At the bar on Saturday, this girl walks in asking for directions and, it turns out, she's lived in Japan, so, I talk to her for a bit before she goes.
    Later, Churba tells me the two of us had been bowing pretty much constantly. I had no recollection of doing so..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • At the bar on Saturday, this girl walks in asking for directions and, it turns out, she's lived in Japan, so, I talk to her for a bit before she goes.
    Later, Churba tells me the two of us had been bowing pretty much constantly. I had no recollection of doing so..
    It was hilarious to watch.
  • I slip into an imitation of RP when I read something out loud.
  • edited August 2009
    I slip into my Southern accent when I meet knew people or am in high-etiquette mode.
    Do you do it when you're drunk, too? I had a roommate who grew up in New Jersey, and the Jersey accent would only come out when she was drunk.
    There's that "bowing reflex" that Churba's talked about.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • posted By: Mrs. MacRossI slip into my Southern accent when I meet knew people or am in high-etiquette mode.
    Do you do it when you're drunk, too? I had a roommate who grew up in New Jersey, and the Jersey accent would only come out when she was drunk. Hmmm... recording myself drunk may be in order. I will bring a camcorder to the next party with the fellas.
  • When I play Initial D at the arcade, sometimes I lean into the "curves"...
  • When I play almost any video game I lean and I stick out my tongue, which also moves in the direction I am leaning/focusing. I think it is a product of almost never playing any video games. Adam said that most little kid gamers do it. A fail is me.
  • Adam said that most little kid gamers do it. A fail is me.
    I did that as a little kid when visiting friends and playing Mario Brothers. Up mean toss the controller into the air... yeah, that got me far.
  • When I would play Mario when I was in elementary school, I would lift up the controller higher when I wanted Mario to make a difficult jump.
  • When I would play Mario when I was in elementary school, I would lift up the controller higher when I wanted Mario to make a difficult jump.
    I do that now...
    I do that now...
    You should see when I play Mario Galaxy. Jeremy says that I'm a sight to see when trying to maneuver Mario from planet to planet. -_-