This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weird things about you.

Comments

• I hardly get jet lagged, I just traveled 9 timezones and I feel perfectly fine. I wonder what that says about my screwy bio clock.
  • I hardly get jet lagged, I just traveled 9 timezones and I feel perfectly fine. I wonder what that says about my screwy bio clock.
    I didn't get jet lag going from England to Japan which is also about 9 hours difference.
  • I didn't get jet lag going from England to Japan which is also about 9 hours difference.
    I didn't get jet lag going from Australia to england via Taipei and Frankfurt - 36 or so hours travel - but I got jetlag when I encountered my first proper english summer, with it's ludicrously long days.
  • edited August 2009
    I was jet-lagged when we went to Iceland, but I think it was a product of being up for essentially 29 hours (I couldn't sleep on the train, bus or plane on the way there) and the 22 hour daylight once we reach our destination.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited August 2009
    I.. I find women in headphones extremely attractive.
    Would anyone read CuteGirlsInHeadphones.com if I started it?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I.. I find women in headphones extremely attractive.
    Big headphones, pale skin and short dark hair. I know where you're coming from.
    Big headphones, pale skin and short dark hair. I know where you're coming from.
    Add in some of those arm warmers and it would be on my bookmark toolbar
  • edited August 2009
    When I play Halo, I throw myself forwards while going for melees, just for the extra powah.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • When I play Halo, I throw myself forwards while going for melees, just for the extra powah.
    Because nothing says "I got him" like cracking open your TV screen
  • I remember as a kid me and my friend would repeatedly mash the A button whenever we threw a Pokeball to try and catch something. I honestly thought it would help the chances of me catching it a bit. lol.

I do similar things with other games, I tend to move around a lot especially when playing Excite Truck.
  • When I play Halo, I throw myself forwards while going for melees, just for the extra powah.
    I sit far enough back to compensate.
    I remember as a kid me and my friend would repeatedly mash the A button whenever we threw a Pokeball to try and catch something. I honestly thought it would help the chances of me catching it a bit. lol.
    Aw mans, I was all about the A button catch.
    I sit far enough back to compensate.
    I remember as a kid me and my friend would repeatedly mash the A button whenever we threw a Pokeball to try and catch something. I honestly thought it would help the chances of me catching it a bit. lol.
    Aw mans, I was all about the A button catch.
    You hold down right when it flashes. Or press B. I do not remember.
    But it always worked! Always! It must've been real! ;)
  • Big headphones, pale skin and short dark hair. I know where you're coming from.
    Are....are you me?
    Oh, I'm aware. Omnutia and I were having a barbecue at my old place in headingly, and a cute, petite blond girl with shaggy hair and headphones on walked by, and you could practically hear his pants tighten.
  • Are....are you me?
    I'm you but instead I can kick things really hard, fast and precisely, as opposed to the ability to artistically approximate the human figure as something beyond a stick figure. Regardless, we both have excellent taste in ladies.
  • I'm you but instead I can kick things really hard, fast and precisely, as opposed to the ability to artistically approximate the human figure as something beyond a stick figure. Regardless, we both have excellent taste in ladies.
    Penjak Silat - One of our forms involves a move that is, essentially, breaking someone's neck.
  • I'm you but instead I can kick things really hard, fast and precisely, as opposed to the ability to artistically approximate the human figure as something beyond a stick figure. Regardless, we both have excellent taste in ladies.
    Aah, but I can punch, kick, knee and elbow hard, as well as throw, joint lock and choke. :) Also, on further reflection, I really don't care about headphones or skin color. But short black hair is checkmate for me.
  • It's all about the horn-rimmed glasses.
  • edited August 2009
    Oh, I'm aware. Omnutia and I were having a barbecue at my old place in headingly, and a cute, petite blond girl with shaggy hair and headphones on walked by, and you could practically hear his pants tighten.
    Churba, yet again, bringing the class. She was really nice though.
  • edited August 2009
    Good lord, yes - Not just in looks, but in personality, she was one very fine example of the female species. Also, you missed hackspace and many drinkings at the fenton tonight.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2009
    Good lord, yes - Not just in looks, but in personality, she was one very fine example of the female species. Also, you missed hackspace and many drinkings at the fenton tonight.
    Yeah, I knew, they only send out tweets on the day things are happening so I never get enough notice. However, I am skint until Thursday.
    Penjak Silat - One of our forms involves a move that is, essentially, breaking someone's neck.
    My favorite TKD form involves several variations on throat destruction, a knee-breaker or two, two different intances of grabbing somebody's head and smashing their face in, and, my favorite, grabbing a dude by the balls and attempting to rip them off. The neck breaking is allocated to self-defence routines, where you must demonstrate the technique on a partner. I am no stranger to this sort of thing.

@Funfetus: I don't doubt it, but I am really really fucking good at these things. I should be humble about it, but damn it, after all this work it feels good to brag about it every once in a while.
  • My favorite TKD form involves several variations on throat destruction, a knee-breaker or two, two different intances of grabbing somebody's head and smashing their face in, and, my favorite, grabbing a dude by the balls and attempting to rip them off. The neck breaking is allocated to self-defence routines, where you must demonstrate the technique on a partner. I am no stranger to this sort of thing.
    I must admit, I do feel a slight blow to my pointless macho pride that one of my favored weapons, the Kerambit, in my art is considered a "Woman's weapon", in the old fashioned misogynistic sense.

I don't see how what amounts to a Raptor's claw coming out of your fist is a woman's weapon, but shit happens.
  • edited August 2009
    Who's the bigger badass: somebody who can kick your ass with a stick, or somebody who can kick your ass with claws coming out of their fist?

In other words, "I DON'T NEED THE RAPTOR CLAWS!"
    Post edited by Walker on
  • @Funfetus: I don't doubt it, but I amreally really fucking goodat these things. I should be humble about it, but damn it, after all this work it feels good to brag about it every once in a while.
    No, no, I'm sure that's true. I only trained for a couple of years -- I'd love to go back to training, and I may eventually, but it's a money/time/don't-want-to-injure-my-drawing-hand issue right now.
  • edited August 2009
    Who's the bigger badass: somebody who can kick your ass with a stick, or somebody who can kick your ass with claws coming out of their fist?
    I'm very well versed with the tongkat and kayu(among a good dozen others) - I've been practicing silat since I was young - but I just prefer the Kerambit - It's a very good deterrent weapon. People see a stick, they think "I could take him" but they see a nasty looking blade and go "fuck that for a game of soldiers"
    @Funfetus: I don't doubt it, but I am really really fucking good at these things. I should be humble about it, but damn it, after all this work it feels good to brag about it every once in a while.
    As if it wasn't obvious, I know exactly what you mean.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • In other words, "I DON'T NEED THE RAPTOR CLAWS!"
    But you want the raptor claws!
  • edited August 2009
    As if it wasn't obvious, I know exactly what you mean.
    I think most people beyond good and below master in any martial art could sympathize. I really need to join the Demo Team at my school; it's their job to show off.
    "fuck that for a game of soldiers"
    I feel I should take this opportunity to say how much I love English expressions and slang: I really, really love them.

Ninless:

Post edited by Walker on
    She looks like she might own a pair of horn rimmed glasses.
    Would anyone read CuteGirlsInHeadphones.com if I started it?
    My boyfriend said he would love that site.

...I...have a headphone musume collection for the cause. >.>