This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Orange Box is GO!

Comments

• Not for Super Smash Brothers. :(
  • Yeah. Sure can't wait for MARIO GALAXY.

Yawn. I am slightly interested but not enough to want to keep the system. Brawl still isn't enough. Neither is "Mario Stunt Kart/Bike trick game"
  • ghtly interested but not enough to want to keep the system.
    Here are the Wii games to watch out for.
    Dr. Mario
    LEGO Star Wars Complete
    Mario Kart
    Mario Baseball
    Puzzle Quest maybe?
    Table Tennis
    Mario Galaxy
    Smash Bros.
    Force Unleashed
    More Trauma Center
    Wii Fit maybe?
    Guitar Hero 3
    Fire Emblem
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

A list like that, with many of these games being released very soon or early next year, tells me the drought is over. I'll almost definitely buy most, if not all, of these games. If these games don't excite you, because maybe you hate Mario or something, why did you buy a Wii in the first place? It's a Nintendo system. You know that most of the good exclusive games are all Mario games.

Also, other than Dr. Mario, this list doesn't include the rumored WiiWare explosion. Supposedly the Nintendo guys have said there are a zillion ideas for WiiWare that people have come through with, and it's just a matter of time before we've got hundreds of games like that Dr. Mario game available for download. I hope this isn't a lie.
  • Yawn. I am slightly interested but not enough to want to keep the system.
    I've never understood this idea of selling your system back when at this time it hasn't even been out for a year. All the good games come out in the second and third year of the console. Why did you even buy one in the first place, you should have waited till now to buy one.
  • edited October 2007
    I'm killing plenty of time with MySims right now. I got my money's worth out of that title.

Unless you are selling your system for a profit why sell it back? I was listening to the TWiT podcast this morning and one of the panelists mentioned buying a PS3 for $80. Then he went on to say he only got it at that price by trading in his PS2 and a crapload of games. So, that PS3 did not cost him $80, it cost him $80 plus all the money he spent on the stuff he traded in!!!

As for the games on Scott's list I will likely purchase; Mario Kart, Mario Baseball, Smash Bros., Wii Fit and force Unleashed. I can only hope that Wii Fit will not be another Wii Play but who knows.

I am also looking forward to the new Pokemon Farm/Ranch/Box game. My Pokemons have taken over my DS and I have no room to catch more! I had to buy a second copy of the game to use as a storage system.

Everytime I try to use the 'add link' button it doubles my entire post text.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Hey CLX, I'll trade you HL Episode 1 for Day of Defeat.
  • On the Wii?

What.... the fuck? Why?
    Because Portal is an extremely satisfying game and I can only imagine it would be that much more satisfying on the Wii. Keep in mind that I played it on the 360, the controls work extremely well but the Wii would be better being as it's an actual pointing device instead of a couple joysticks.

As I said...I prefer playing games on my consoles...I don't have to wonder if the console can play them, I don't have to upgrade the consoles, I just buy games for the system I have and play them. In this case I wish portal was a Wii game as the control would be better. I've never purchased a system that had amazing games in it's very first year on the shelves. The onslaught of quality games coming has me psyched though!
  • On the Wii?

What.... the fuck? Why?
    Because Portal is an extremely satisfying game and I can only imagine it would be that much more satisfying on the Wii. Keep in mind that I played it on the 360, the controls work extremely well but the Wii would be better being as it's an actual pointing device instead of a couple joysticks.

As I said...I prefer playing games on my consoles...I don't have to wonder if the console can play them, I don't have to upgrade the consoles, I just buy games for the system I have and play them. In this case I wish portal was a Wii game as the control would be better. I've never purchased a system that had amazing games in it's very first year on the shelves. The onslaught of quality games coming has me psyched though!

I second that! The Wii control + puzzle solving = Nintendo!
  • On the Wii?

What.... the fuck? Why?
    Because Portal is an extremely satisfying game and I can only imagine it would be that much more satisfying on the Wii. Keep in mind that I played it on the 360, the controls work extremely well but the Wii would be better being as it's an actual pointing device instead of a couple joysticks. As I said...I prefer playing games on my consoles...I don't have to wonder if the console can play them, I don't have to upgrade the consoles, I just buy games for the system I have and play them. In this case I wish portal was a Wii game as the control would be better. I've never purchased a system that had amazing games in it's very first year on the shelves. The onslaught of quality games coming has me psyched though!

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree.  While I own a wii, and would be happy if it came to it, it would probably suck ass! If you've played portal, you know that you need to do double flings, which makes it so you need to do a twitch reflex and drop a portal at your feet at the right time, or you stop.  I don't think that (enough) people would be able to do this very well with the wii's IR. I still think that the best pointing device, that would allow for the twitch reactions still goes to the mouse; not to say that the wiimote still isn't awesome.
    Maybe I just suck, but when I go to play Metroid Prime 3 I usually end up going off the screen while playing, and fighting a bunch of people. To help with people doing this, Nintendo has put in the lock on feature. It's not like if you face the general direction of where you should put your next portal, the game would allow you to lock on, it's too much twich, and you can't really do these kind of things with the wii.
    Plus if you're thinking of the entire Orange Box, the comunity that's built up playing Team Fortress 2 on the computer is and will probably always be the best to play with, and TF2 is going to keep the Orange Box's longevity. PC Orange Box is just flat out win.
  • I forgot Nights for the Wii.
  • Sorry Scott - I'll be playing most of those on my 360. I guess if a Wii is your only console you're set for a while, but I'll be playing Forced Unleased and Guitar Hero and more on the Xbox.

Still, while I want to sell my Wii (I need new tires...) there are a few you listed I didn't even know about - Mario BASEBALL? Fuck yeah! I dunno. I still think I will sell it.
  • clxclx
    edited October 2007
    Hey CLX, I'll trade you HL Episode 1 for Day of Defeat.
    Sorry, I got given EP1 by a friend, and I'm not sure you can gift a game you don't have 2 copies of can you?
    Post edited by clx on
  • edited October 2007
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Hey CLX, I'll trade you HL Episode 1 for Day of Defeat.
    Sorry, I got given EP1 by a friend, and I'm not sure you can gift a game you don't have 2 copies of can you?

I have no idea. No worries, though.

How is Day of Defeat? Is it a fun ww2multi-player, or is too similar to everything else out there?
  • edited October 2007
    Help fill the hole in your heart with a Weighted Companion Cube papercraft!

[Edit] Looks like I totally suck at remembering what people have already posted. Sorry.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited October 2007
    Yay, Orange Box is coming out tomorrow in Austria, and the latest Crossover is even supposed to play the game perfectly directly in mac OS X.  So, I guess little sleep for me before school, and afterwards ^^ . Well, at least I can sleep in my daily bus.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • Mac? What the hell? I thought there was that whole shebang about HL2 taking like 100 million dollars or something stupid  to run on a mac?
  • Mac? What the hell? I thought there was that whole shebang about HL2 taking like 100 million dollars or something stupid to run on a mac?

Based on Wine some Vitalization software came out for the Mac like Parallels and Crossover. According to the developer Crossover seems to run TF2 quite nice so I'll give it a try tomorrow. Otherwise I just use Bootcamp, rebooting is quite an annoyance but TF2, HL2 and Portal should be worth it.

By the way, who's the nice guy correcting my posts?
  • edited October 2007
    This week's review by Yahtzee Croshaw over at The Escapist is all about the Orange Box. This is the guy Rym linked to last week. He's rather humorous, and I check each wednesday to see what he's reviewed next.

And if you haven't already check out his other game reviews:
    Tabula Rasa
    Halo 3
    Peggle
    Manhunt
    Tomb Raider Anniversary
    BioShock
    Console Rundown
    Psychonauts
    Heavenly Sword and Other-Stuff
    Post edited by Tasel on
  • I love the Psychonauts episode!

"Remember when games used to be fun, they didn't feel like a second job" (WoW package is shown in the background)
    (not an exact quote but you should get the point)

The guy speaking has a great voice and the video simply fits perfectly. When Scott posted the Tabula Rasa Video as his thing of the day, I just watched all of them in a row!
  • edited October 2007
    Portal gun in Half Life 2 hack.

It completely breaks the game, but thats half the fun I guess.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Portal gun in Half Life 2 hack.

This was inevitable, I was waiting for it to happen more than I was hoping. However, I must say. Peekaboo bitches! I lol'd.
  • edited October 2007
    Portal gun in Half Life 2 hack.

This was inevitable, I was waiting for it to happen more than I was hoping. However, I must say. Peekaboo bitches! I lol'd.
    I'm going through the steps right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

EDIT: Ok, it's buggy as hell, but it's cool for a little bit. Ravenholm was fun to play and geting into places that Valve didn't want you to go was alot of fun.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • MitchyD. Type "note" or "notes"
  • edited October 2007
    Oh cool. Will give it a try.
    Post edited by MitchyD on
  • According to VGChartz Orange box knocked Halo 3 off the top spot for last week but they only count 360 sales. Does anyone know how many copies they sold through Steam?
  • Does anyone know how many copies they sold through Steam?
    Valve knows.
  • Does anyone know how many copies they sold through Steam?
    Valve knows.
    Are they talking?