This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack (Concept Sketch Dump)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Something for a summonable monsters game, next up is fang-cub who evolves into cobra-wolf.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2011
    Couldn't [see much point in] sleep, drew this.
  • Horsantula

Also here's some fanponies.
  • edited April 2011
    A and B (Man I can't do Japanese eyes.) were warm-ups. G is my sister. D is Churba crossed with a Kangaroo by way of Garrus and J is trying myself again. H is why I should never try writing kanji. The blue tint came from somewhere.
    And a random sketch:
    More random stuff from my last sketchbook, might keep going depending on what I've already posted.
  • Let's see, I think I still have some of my old scans.

There we go! This guy is just your basic viking marauder, drawn up for a character design project in my old cartooning class. I always meant to color him, but the furthest I got was some lame sepia overlay.

I guess this guy could count as a finished piece, as I have no intention of doing anything more with him.

This was the final scene in a storyboard I drew up for a short 3D animation. The animation was supposed to be part of a presentation for a WWI-themed RTS, but nobody upstairs wanted to fund it.
  • I made a stencil.

• Ewwwwww.

Pretty cool, though.
  • Just threw this sketch together for a future Soviet model down the line.

• future Soviet model
    future
    Soviet
    Advice: Medication, subject's world view is stuck 30 years ago.
  • New stencil-in-progress.

I have an idea for a story about a man who lives forever becuase he didn't die when he was supposed to, so now he has Doctor Who-esque adventures while escaping death every Saturday.

He's meant to look archaic, smooth, and gentleman-like. He has awesome sideburns that haven't been seen in centuries, flippy hair, a top hat, a Colonel Sanders tie, and a blue button down shirt, usually short sleeved or the sleeves are rolled up. Sometimes he wears a black dress vest

I was trying to make a cover for the comic but I suck at poses like this due to bad foreshortening. It was meant to be in the dark and a scythe blade is meant to be looming for him in the night.

The first companion we're introduced to in my Solomon Grundy comic... in theory. I got the pose right but I couldn't get her head done right. Also, her nose is hard to do.

She's meant to be a cynical hardass investigative journalist and professional blogger that works in DC and has a hard time trying to find happiness.

I decided her name to be Tau like the Greek letter becuase one of her parents loved that sort of stuff.

I've changed his name from "Levison" to "Leviel", he's from a long line of "Leviel"s, a Jewish family that have been helping Solomon Grundy for generations, becuase the good Solomon has done so many favors for the family over the years they almost always owe him somehow, so now the Leviels of this generation due what they can to help him live in the current era.

This is the college age Lynwood "Levi" Leviel who is a tech wizard and occasional companion. There are also other Leviels who Solomon all calls "Levi" to keep things simple.

This is meant to be the pilot of "What Ever Happened To Solomon Grundy" where it introduces his next companion in the city being generally PO'd, when she's suddenly given a MacGuffin. Through out the story she tries to find Solomon Grundy and his current companion. The girl in the fedora is an investigative journalist named Tau, a cynical person with a bad attitude and a loner streak.
  • edited July 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I do not apologize for working exclusivily in crayon.
    I had been doing a series of drawings of the adventures of pickle girl, a polarbear and their friend Francis.
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • edited August 2011
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R/Eldrich cross over
    imageimageimage
    City life
    Post edited by Rainbow matress on
  • Last time I posted in here I had drawn some ponies. Guess what I have this time! More ponies.
    I really like drawing ponies.
  • edited September 2011
    I wonder what a pony version of me would look like...

*Cough Cough*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I wonder what a pony version of me would look like...
  • haven't posted anything here ever, or in a while.
    Got bored yesterday. No scanner = camera scan.
  • Will a concept photoshop do?
    I want to do a complete version of this. Choose another font, get better at photo mippin', maybe a shadow on myself as if the font is floating. Think of it as a rough draft to something cool.
  • and so it starts, soon, you'll get sick of me :D
  • I see someone is enjoying their new and shiny toy.
  • edited November 2011
    Had the first problem with the inkling, it saved a the file of 1 sketch, but it fails to open.. :(

I did manage to open the other one at least :D

EDIT: forgot I actually made 3 today

Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I should start drawing some more animals

All work I post is done with reference, I'm light years away from the point where I can do stuff by heart.
  • edited December 2011
    The A-Team Van

Big ol' Missiles

Japanese Mortar Trooper

Some concepts for Paradox; two for our 80s faction (Their A-Team van transport and missile artillery) and one for Japan (Knee Mortar Operator)
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Dilect Hit? For shame!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh sweet! We're posting military vehicles,
    This was from back when drawing was fun, about 2004-06.
  • Dilect Hit? For shame!
    A few years ago, buddies and I watched this terrible mecha anime where a tense fight scene was completely ruined by one of the characters suddenly screaming "Dilect hit!", just this totally awful Engrish that sucked the drama out of the scene like a sponge. For weeks afterword, we basically used any excuse we could to yell it at one another, degrading it much like the South Park "They took our jorbs!" joke. I couldn't not put it in after drawing this guy.
  • Ahahaha, that's actually really funny.