This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The 90's Thread

Comments

+
    Multiple spread across the kids in the street
    +
    A few hundred meters of street circling around the neighborhood
    +
    No safety gear
    (+
    Ice in winter)
    =
    EPIC STREET RACES FOR KIDS!

Yes, I spend a lot of my time as a child on one of those things. Peddling my guts out trying to get pole position and first at the first turn, just to stay alive! That turn was really fricking dangerous for what we did, at least four kids with these huge peddle powered 4 wheeled machines of heavy duty off road fun all just at top speed, still huddled together due to just having started, trying to get through that turn all at once in of course the most optimal way we could. IF YOU DID NOT DRIVE ON YOUR OUTER TWO WHEELS IN THAT TURN YOU WERE SLOW!
  • edited March 2008
    Rollerblades.

Also...

Post edited by Viga on
  • This thread needs more Action fucking Hank.

• A shit load of 90's cartoon openers. Ah!
    I can't believe I forgot about Action Hank until just now. He fucking rules.
  • Man, Zoombinis kicked ass.
    I love Zoombinis. Gah! Such good memories.

Another good memory is waiting the Evangelion tapes to come out. That and watching Sailor Moon on 28k modem.
    I can't believe I forgot about Action Hank until just now. He fucking rules.
    Man, the episode was great when Dexter grew the beard to be more like Action Hank.

The scene in Wayne's World that parodied this was great.
  • edited March 2008
    Why has no-one mentioned the Nintendo 64.
    Eh, cause it was like...reallly late 90s when I got around to it. My neighborhood friends had one, so I played theirs all the time.

Come to think of it, I have a LOT of good memories from it....last second green shell victory in MK, playing insane rounds of Mario Golf, SSB, Goldeneye (the one FPS I'm good at), beating all my neighbor's high scores in wave race.....damn those were good times.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • when Dexter grew the beard
    THAT'S IT! I just couldn't remember where Action Hank was from.
  • edited March 2008
    I also want to mention, Batman: The Animated Series.

Edit: I didn't see viga's video when I made this post. My jorb blocks youtube.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • edited March 2008
    Why has no-one mentioned the Nintendo 64.
    Eh, cause it was like...reallly late 90s when I got around to it. My neighborhood friends had one, so I played theirs all the time.

Come to think of it, I have a LOT of good memories from it....last second green shell victory in MK, playing insane rounds of Mario Golf, SSB, Goldeneye (the one FPS I'm good at), beating all my neighbor's high scores in wave race.....damn those were good times.
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ocarina of Time yet. My brother and I poured so much time into that game, and it was so awesome...
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Well, I was going to say that I really had nothing from OOT to talk about (honest to God, I'm not a big fan of the LOZ series in general, I've never beaten one, and the only one I've played like 80%+ in is link to the past)....but then I remembered all the fishing me and my neighbor did. It was so sweet....
  • edited March 2008
    Oh Man, Ocarina of Time. I played the crap out of that game, good times. Speaking of which: The Hylian Loach (the large eel thing in the pond). I swear that I tried everything humanly possible to catch it. I think it was the thing in that game that I did not complete :/
    Post edited by Keiya on
  • I remember my Packard Bell Legend 100CD :)

Jean jackets and good cartoons. Also when they said it snowed outside it was 4-6 feet not 1-2 inches.
  • Mini backpacks. I still use one because I hate purses.
  • Space Jam is a masterpiece.
  • Let's see, in 1990, I was 24. Yet, it is mostly a blur to me now. Nothing for me to see here, moving along.
  • I relive some of the 90's through GTA: San Andreas...
  • Best product of the 90's, hands-down.
  • Hammer Time!

Whoa!
  • edited March 2008
    Dammit, now I can't stop watching Gargoyles clips on YouTube thanks to seeing the opening in that video Viga posted. Thanks a lot for robbing me of my precious sleep, Viga. :P

But seriously, I can't believe my hazy, rose-coloured memories weren't just exaggerating how great Gargoyles was, as I've found to be the case with other TV shows I liked when I was little. It really is as good as I remember it, possibly better. o_o

Also, quoted again for truth. ;)
    Space Jam is a masterpiece.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I submit to you my favorite cartoon of my childhood, Batman: The Animated Series.

• TaleSpin S1E01

• I submit to you my favorite cartoon of my childhood, Batman: The Animated Series.
    YES! Same here!
  • TaleSpin: Plunder and Lightning

This is the TS origins movie and is Don Karnage-heavy. Iron Vulture FTW.

• Oh man, I have Tale Spin Season 1 and Darkwing Duck Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, those releases are so worth the $25 per season price tag.
  • edited March 2008

I loved TGIF back then. It used to be my whole friday night.

Reliving my childhood.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Speaking of TGIF:

Boy Meets World and Sabrina pretty much used to rule my Friday nights circa 1996-97. And I actually liked You Wish and Teen Angel, too, though those two are definitely not that good looking back on them with older eyes. Teen Angel was still the funnier of the two, though, and it was where I first saw Ron Glass, before Firefly! :)
  • The early 90s cemented in me a love of pseudoanime, like the oh so keen Pirates-of-Dark-Water-probably-animated-in-Korea mentioned above. :) By the late 90s I had discovered real anime, but my fondness for the other stuff remains.
  • I just bought the season 1 DVD set of Gargoyles as a direct result of this thread. Hooray for the power of internets! XD