This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Hockey Thread

Comments

• edited April 2012
    The Flyers-Penguins game yesterday was absolutely glorious for the fact it completely exposed the Penguins for the dirty, rotten, cheapshotting scumbag pussies that they are.

Flyers up 3-0 and have scored 20 goals in those games (including one empty-netter). Not that Bryzgalov was much better, but it is really satisfying. Hope they complete it on Wednesday.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Flyers accusing the other team of being dirty, LOL.
  • edited April 2012
    Ah, great for you to chime in Scott. Of course you come in with with a completely uninformed and idiotic opinion, thanks to the fact that you obviously didn't watch that game at all. But here's the short version. Enjoy.

Penguins Arron Asham and James Neal have hearings with Brendan Shanahan on Tuesday. Neal actually has two hearings, one for each dirty hit he delivered:

• I know there was cheap shots in that game. Pittsburgh even has some fines/suspensions coming down.

I'm just saying. Flyers, you do not have a history of playing clean hockey. Pot, this is kettle.
  • edited April 2012
    What the fuck does that matter? What a fucking idiotic argument. It doesn't excuse what the Penguins did, nor do two wrongs ever create a right. Yeah, the Flyers have a history of playing on the edge and stepping over it. So does every fucking team, and I don't condone any of it, not even on my own team. You are just trying to use a stereotype because you don't have a fucking argument.
  • What the fuck does that matter? What a fucking idiotic argument. It doesn't excuse what the Penguins did, nor do two wrongs ever create a right. Yeah, the Flyers have a history of playing on the edge and stepping over it. So does every fucking team, and I don't condone any of it, not even on my own team. You are just trying to use a stereotype because you don't have a fucking argument.
    I'm just saying, it's a load of laughs when you dish it out, but you can't take it. You're pointing the finger, and truthfully they are guilty, but that is a dirty finger you are pointing. If your hands were clean, it would be a different story.

Also, how you can ask for sympathy after going through all the trouble of becoming the most hated team?

Rangers tonight. We got this? Maybe? /shrug Maybe I'll have some confidence in the second round.
  • edited April 2012
    Holy fuck, I know hockey can be brutal, but he hit that poor fucker like a freight train.

Either way, Chaos, forget about it. Just remember that Sean Avery is well known as one of the dirtiest players in the leauge, and the Rangers hired him not once, but twice.

But hey, If I was Scott, I'd be pissed off, too - Tell us, How is it drinking from saucers all the time? After all, it's been four years since the rangers fans have seen a cup.

And considering that just like for college students, the Ranger's year usually ends around this time, so Scott is just getting his licks in while he still can.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Four years? You mean 18 years.
  • edited April 2012
    Four years? You mean 18 years.
    I'm counting the Victoria Cup from 2008, because while I can be cruel, I feel it morally reprehensible to be as cruel to a rangers fan as reality is. And it's still A cup, even if it's not THE cup.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • LOL Flyers
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 9-3 in the 2nd...
  • Bye bye, Rinaldo. I wonder who is playing dirty now.
  • I spam because I laugh.
  • What is happening in this crazy sport?
  • edited April 2012
    Rags lost and the Flyers got blown out. Best. Playoff. Night. Ever. Also, the Sens have led for 0:00 of the series so far.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited April 2012
    Uh guys. I stupid not paying attention to the other playoff series. Nashville is ahead of Detroit 3 games to 1? W T F
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Nashville is a good team and Rinne is playing out of his mind. Detroit on the other hand is an aging team. Bigger surprise is that Los Angeles got a 3-0 lead against Vancouver, though they are trailing 2-1 in the 3rd period of game 4 at the moment.

As for the Flyers, yeah, that wasn't very good. Still lead the series 3 games to 1, and at least they learned the lesson that the Penguins aren't just going to roll over and die. There are no easy playoff wins. Haven't seen what Rinaldo did, but he's a ticking time
    bomb and I don't care about him at all.

Also, Fuck you Andrew.
  • Apparently ratings are really good. If this excitement keeps up throughout the playoffs, this could be the start of a most welcome hockey boom.
  • Apparently ratings are really good. If this excitement keeps up throughout the playoffs, this could be the start of a most welcome hockey boom.
    I'm guessing that this might be due to the NBC buyout of Versus and rebranding it as NBCSports.

• Give me that glorious Uni-brow now...
  • Coyotes for the Stanley Cup this year! ;-D It's nice to dream!
  • I thought that was you for a second.
  • The Predators have fans?!

Actually I knew they had fans because my dad has been to that arena. He says it is very strange.
  • edited April 2012
    Official list of NHL teams without fans: New Jersey, Phoenix, Columbus. Dallas is also making its way on that list.
  • Official list of NHL teams without fans: New Jersey, Phoenix, Columbus. Dallas is also making its way on that list.
    I see NJ fans. They exist. Islanders even have fans, but they are dwindling.