This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Barack Obama

Comments

• I do not cry. I like Domon Kashu express my feeling through my fist.
  • I do not cry. I like Domon Kashu express my feeling through my fist.
    Brilliant.
  • I am crying manly tears.
  • I'm actually tearing up quite a bit. I've never had a politician evoke this kind of emotion before. I'm at a loss for words.

President Barrack Obama.

Wow.
    I'm crying regular-type tears.
    I fixed for you.
  • Obama's Chief of Staff will be announced tomorrow as well as the opening of his transition office. One name that's being thrown about is Rahm Emmanuel.
  • Obama's Chief of Staff will be announced tomorrow as well as the opening of his transition office. One name that's being thrown about isRahm Emmanuel.
    Ahahaha, ohh man!
    Bradley Whitford's character Josh Lyman on NBC television series The West Wing is said to be based on Emanuel
    This is going to the be the West Wing Whitehouse!
  • edited November 2008
    I am crying manly tears.
    I do not cry, but my stomach is producing acid, if that makes you feel any better.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    I do not cry, but my stomach is producing acid, if that makes you feel any better.
    Only if you can projectile vomit said acid as a weapon.
  • As a government worker, whenever I go to the Human Resources office I pass by a huge framed picture of the current President and Vice President. On January 20, 2009, I plan on going back to that office looking forward to seeing two new faces on the wall. ^_^
  • He just damn well better deliver on this universal health insurance promise of his.
  • I sincerely hope that he is sincere. :) Don't worry, we're going to be riding his ass now, too.
  • JayJay
    edited November 2008
    He just damn well better deliver on this universal health insurance promise of his.
    I would think universal health care for America would be a long and painful process to convert too. Laying the ground work for the system and ensuring it remains a large enough public issue that his successor has to follow through would be enough to satisfy me. Though if he gets elected for a second term maybe he will be able to see it all the way through or get close at least. Something as important as the way a countries health care system is run is a very delicate and important manner that is not be taken likely or changed hastily. If his administration messes up it may be a long time before there is another chance to institute this. For the immediate future I’m more concerned that he gets America’s ever increasing debt under control and fix America's global image. Reduce that military complex.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • Thisisgoing to the be the West Wing Whitehouse!
    I hope so, I really hope so. If they have a tall female Press Secretary that lip-syncs "The Jackal" I would know that I have died and gone to heaven.
  • Thisisgoing to the be the West Wing Whitehouse!
    I hope so, I really hope so. If they have a tall female Press Secretary that lip-syncs "The Jackal" I would know that I have died and gone to heaven.
    Don't forget a Jewish Communications Director with a wit as sharp as the pencil he drafts speeches with.
  • I sincerely hope that he is sincere. :) Don't worry, we're going to be riding his ass now, too.
    NOW? Why have you not been "riding his ass" since the primaries began?
  • For those of us in the developed world, what is meant by "riding his ass" exactly?
  • For those of us in the developed world, what is meant by "riding his ass" exactly?
    Getting on his case.
  • edited November 2008
    For those of us in the developed world, what is meant by "riding his ass" exactly?
    Paying attention to and/or criticizing everything he does.

Mr. Macross: That picture is epic, I laughed out loud when I saw it. :)
    Post edited by George Patches on
    NOW? Why have you not been "riding his ass" since the primaries began?
    Actually, we have. Analyzing his legislative history, many of us found reasons to support him. He generally stands up for the principles that he professes to support, which are the same ones that many of us support. The thing is that while the candidates are campaigning, they are not really actively participating in much legislation or administration. There's very little ACTION to hold them accountable for. We cannot say whether he is delivering on his promise of what he will do AS PRESIDENT until he becomes president, anyway. He told us what he was going to do. Now he has the chance to do it. We are watching to see if he does.
  • Obama's Chief of Staff will be announced tomorrow as well as the opening of his transition office. One name that's being thrown about isRahm Emmanuel.
    Ahahaha,ohh man!

Bradley Whitford's character Josh Lyman on NBC television series The West Wing is said to be based on Emanuel
    Thisisgoing to the be the West Wing Whitehouse! Also: The character Ari Gold from Entourage is based on his brother. God damn, this could be awesome.
  • Stock market down huge again.

Wall street sent this guy a lot of money, so they either have confidence in him or they just wanted to play the odds and make their "donations" count.

The market hasn't been excited by the election news, that's for sure. The market is predicting that bad economic times will persist.
  • edited November 2008
    Stock market down huge again.

Wall street sent this guy a lot of money, so they either have confidence in him or they just wanted to play the odds and make their "donations" count.

The market hasn't been excited by the election news, that's for sure. The market is predicting that bad economic times will persist.
    So lets get this right, the stock market has been tanking for over a month, a election happens but power will not shift to the winner till after the Holiday season and, your going to make it sound like the market is reacting to Obama? I don't think I can blame people getting out, retail and whatever manufacturing we have is going to get killed before it gets better, definitely before Obama has the ability to do anything...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • The Republicans are working hard to fix it. Ahnold just proposed $4.4 billion in California tax hikes to... wait a minute.
  • What's this news about the Obama campaign paying their workers with prepaid VISA cards? Is that legal? Will these workers get forms in the mail for tax purposes next year?
  • You know, I dislike Arnold less than I did before. I mean, he's still a complete ass on social issues (I've lobbied for a few "anti-racial mascot" bills), but he's not a die hard Reaganomist. (That took me a few seconds to work out. Reagan + economics + economist)
  • So lets get this right, the stock market has been tanking for over a month, a election happens but power will not shift to the winner till after the Holiday season and, your going to make it sound like the market is reacting to Obama?
    That's exactly what the market does. The market is not a snapshot of the current economy. It's a snapshot of where people think the economy is going to go. Obama's election has not inspired confidence in the financial markets. There are obviously factors bigger than Obama at work here, but the reality is that the market is questioning Obama's ability to handle this mess.
  • Looks like I was right: Will Supreme Court have say in presidency? Schedule includes campaign response to questions on Obama birthplace.

The Obama birth case is going before the Supreme Court and not being dismissed.