This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

1272829303133»

Comments

• That design is dangerously Warhammer-esque there...

Yeah I almost typed in Steel Battalion myself.
  • There's more than a bit of 40k in it, as well as the obvious BattleTech comparisons. The goal of the system, after all, is to invoke the classic tabletop wargame feel.
  • Well, I meant the mech...
  • Long time no post
  • Well, I meant the mech...

Oh lol, I can't keep them all straight in my head. High school BattleTech was a long time ago...
  • I do looooots of commission stuff. Mostly icons/avatars for people, but there are plenty of larger, finished pieces I do as well. I specialize in drawing animal people in neat costumes, not the least of which are wonderfully slinky!

Here's a tiny snippet of the now-over-300 icons I've done:

Also, some of the bigger commissions:

And some personal characters just for fun:

I'm also a traditional + CG animator, but I'll drop some of that in this thread another time.
  • I don't think I've heard of you, but your style is really familiar. I just can't place where I've seen it.
  • I did draw an icon that Rym used as his Twitter avatar for a little while. Maybe it was there?
  • Nah, not the icons so much, it's the larger pictures that seem far more familiar in style.
  • Sadly not an art from me but there is a popular software (or so I have been told) that is on sale for today Clip Studio
  • I did an art.
  • Fruits! My fav.
  • I took a look at the orange this morning after I let it dry and noticed that the colors desaturated quite a bit as it dried off.

I'm wondering if I need better quality paints, or if I need to do a second pass to bring out the colors.
  • lalanl said:

I haven't checked this thread in a long time. Come back to this freaking self-portrait? Truly, we are living in a golden age.