This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• I like that Rym is wearing toe shoes. :P
  • We must recreat this drawing one day. I need to get a Squirtle shirt.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2010
    We must recreat this drawing one day. I need to get a Squirtle shirt.
    Would there be additional people added /suckup
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited November 2010
    We must recreat this drawing one day. I need to get a Squirtle shirt.
    PAX East, that's our best shot.

Also, in a picture, Scott's hair wouldn't be so...how should I put this...robust as it is in Emily's rendering. ^_~
    Would there be additional people added /suckup
    This was a work I sorta commissioned Emily to do so...hm... Da! Creative Commons NC-A-SA 2.0
    If you can find an artiste to add people in, go for it. Obviously, you could commission Emily to add people but, just letting you know, She's really busy at Muse. This came about when she offered an art to me as a birthday gift last year. I don't mind waiting a year for her caliber of work, but others might not be so patient.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited November 2010
    An Art I did myself! Zounds!
    #256 "right, guys?" - Nyoro~n Remix. by Victor Khaze, on Flickr">Johnny Wander: <a href=#256 "right, guys?" - Nyoro~n Remix." />
    The most recent Johnny Wander was just too ripe for a Nyoro~n remix. I really don't like drawing stuff (it takes forever), but I HAD to do it this time.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • This was a work I sorta commissioned Emily to do so...hm... Da! Creative Commons NC-A-SA 2.0
    If you can find an artiste to add people in, go for it. Obviously, you could commission Emily to add people but, just letting you know, She's really busy at Muse. This came about when she offered an art to me as a birthday gift last year. I don't mind waiting a year for her caliber of work, but others might not be so patient.
    Yay, Creative Commons-ing! Yeah, dude, sorry it took me so long. I had the sketch done for months, and then one month I inked it and then later I colored it in. I should remember to not take commissions without letting people know that it will be either A. A sketch done at con or B. Take for frikkin' ever! Someday I might have more time to do drawing.

Actually, when I get home I think I will start a thread so you can see what I have been working on with all my free time!
  • @Sonic -- I don't know what nyoro~n is, but the comic looks good.
  • Thanks, Scott. I read the article -- still don't get it. Other things I don't get: caramelldansen, those anthropomorphic snack cakes, and almost any other japanese meme.
  • caramelldansen,
    What is this I don't even.
  • Actually, when I get home I think I will start a thread so you can see what I have been working on with all my free time!
    That would be most excellent.
  • No posts in this thread since November? Unacceptable. So, here's some sprite art! I've been making stuff for Fire Emblem hacks.

I used pieces from existing game portraits for the body of this one, but the head/face and hair are my work:

And here's one I'm still finishing.

Now post some more artwork, forum! :)
  • Hey guys, I just finished this over the weekend for my friend's cd cover. This is going to be the back side and the cd contents at the top. I was wondering if I can get some feedback on this. I was stuggling with getting the islands shaded right, the color combination was also hard to do and clouds were kinda a pain.
    Photobucket
  • Har har, guess i'll jump in here for shameless self promotions! A recently complete tribute piece for the Redwall series of books, since the author passed away. Guess thats going to be happening to my child hood heroes one at a time i guess...
    Photobucket
  • Wow, it's hard to pick up here after lifecircle's exquisite work. But I finished something totally out of character for me, so I thought I would post it.
  • Lifecircle and Thaed -- beautiful pieces, both. Thaed, I didn't know you were an artist!
  • FYI: Both of these are done with the same 0.5 mechanical pencil (With .35 for detail in the bottom.).

Nothing great but I'm improving and enjoying drawing again.

And here's another one I drew a while ago for someone special.
    My Pokie-mans, let me show you them.
    This is for my students as a demo for a design-a-pokemon project I've been doing with them.
    It's also on my deviantArt account. They need names.
  • This is for my students as a demo for a design-a-pokemon project I've been doing with them.
    That should win you a Best Teacher Award of some sort, I swear.
  • It's also on my deviantArt account. They need names.
    If we knew their powers, it may help in giving them names.
  • It's also on my deviantArt account. They need names.
    If we knew their powers, it may help in giving them names.
    Normal type. I'm thinking mostly clawy/bitey.
  • The hood the pokemon develops during evolution reminds me of a cobra. Perhaps he can be a normal/poison type.

Cobree > Cobrayla > Cobraleon
  • The hood the pokemon develops during evolution reminds me of a cobra. Perhaps he can be a normal/poison type.

Cobree > Cobrayla > Cobraleon
    The red color definitely suggests that fire is involved.
  • edited May 2011
    Remembering that just sketching stuff in my notebook can be fun.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • My self-portrait from drawing class today came out okay.

• Whoa! That's pretty great! If a bit...sinister.
  • Haha, yeah, blame that on my teacher. He kept telling me to darken my eye sockets to the point where I finally just decided to push the evil-ness of the whole thing as much as possible.
  • I don't remember you having a fro.
  • It looks very Soviet.
  • I just realized what it is -- you look like M. Bison!