This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Plastic Instrument Games

1235»

Comments

• Lego Hendrix versus the Bosstones is actually a really really hard decision.
  • Just as far as I'm concerned,

The Final Countdown in Lego Rock Band == WIN.
  • Okay, Match 2, Guilty Pleasures

or

• I dig the redesign of the fret buttons.
  • I love how someone thoughtfully prepared a "You Suck" sign.

Also, they appear to have included Gary Clark Jr, I strongly approve of this.

• I definitely want to try the new fret buttons. It looks neat. By time the first era of plastic instruments passed, I was drumming and strumming on expert w/o a sweat, so it will be nice to have a new challenge. I will really miss drumming, but I still have my 360 setup for that purpose. There's just no way I'll be playing Rock Band 4 unless the very, very unlikely scenario of me using my Rock Band 3 drums w/ my HTPC on Steam came to pass. Not gonna happen though.

Even though Guitar Hero 5 will have a Wii U version, I'll be very tempted to just buy the phone one. It depends on how the transfer of video to the TV works. I've got a Chromecast on every TV in the house. If it's something weird and peculiar, I'll just go Wii U.
  • Since I've been playing Rocksmith for a few years now I have no desire to go back to plastic guitars. Actually playing the songs on a real guitar is so much more satisfying. I am tentatively interested in Rock Band 4 just for the drumming but I will need to see how it differs from RB3, which I still play occasionally for that reason.
  • I don't have much confidence in Guitar Hero Live. They are selling far too hard on the feature of playing in front of live crowds with live reactions. How are you going to actually execute that with enough outside sources to possibly work? You're selling this game on the fact the background changes and people can now watch you play. The Guitar Hero Station doesn't have legs either, as it's easier to research/upload the limited number of songs on youtube.

I really don't care for that setlist either. Other than Gary Clark Jr. and perhaps Alter Bridge...those don't stick out to me as "rock" or "guitar"-centric tracks.

I'm much looking forward to Rock Band 4, mostly because they said 95% of all pre-purchased tracks on last-gen systems are transferable. That earns you a lot of credit. And the passion they have talking about what they've experienced working with this franchise is much more appealing than Activision making this new track.
  • Wouldn't it be fantastic if it made a crowd of actual people base on inputs from people's Kinects? Wouldn't it be great if it was just a crowd of guys jacking off in front of their Kinects?