This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Desktop Screenshots - Summer 08

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Ugh, I can't get the youtube embed to work.Link!

Apologies for my nasalness. My allergies are in full force.
    What's the program you're using with the cube effect?
    I use a program called Deskspace. You normally have to pay for it but I was given it by a bay of pirates *wink wink*
    Sonic, you win. For the day, you are the winner. Deskspace is one of the sexiest programs I've used. I knew something like it existed in linux, but I've failed at every attempt to use linux on my current desktop. Now excuse me while I go play with Deskspace some more.
    *bows*
    I used to use this 17" CRT on my desk because of a lack of desktop real estate, but now that busted old CRT is going to monitor hell. Btw, I've got half life running on one of my desktops while a video is running in another one. Both fullscreen. Oh yeah. I am surprised by how little system resources it uses.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I do actually have a 20" wide screen monitor, but I've not got it hooked up at the moment, it's currently paying my 360 some love whilst I'm home from uni for the summer.

• Desktop
    Does It Offend You, Yeah? Awesome.

• My very late contribution to this thread:

• @Lusankya: Nice colour scheme!
  • @Lusankya: Nice colour scheme!
    I know, I use this sweet little app called bash. It also lets me switch between as many desktops as I have function keys!
  • Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

I have it set to swap between the 3 pictures. I change my desktop so often, but these three are my favorites.
  • Photobucket
    Imperial Boy FTW!
  • Imperial Boy FTW!
    Yeah dude, seriously. I have like 3 wallpapers from him and they're all awesome.
    edited September 2008
    New Kino no Tabi background.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Morio-kun could you please link the Furi Kuri Wallpaper! I love Furi Kuri and could never find a decent wallpaper till now!!!
  • edited August 2008
    Morio-kun could you please link the Furi Kuri Wallpaper! I love Furi Kuri and could never find a decent wallpaper till now!!!
    Here ya go, dude. I got the same wallpaper:
    http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5916/flcl2xu3.jpg

Major protip: 4chan's /w/ board has at least 100* flcl threads a day. Or just use 4scrape since it index's 4chan's /w/ and /wg/ boards anyways.

*- blatant exaggeration, but flcl threads greatly outnumber fucking anything else on that board.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • edited September 2008
    Morio-kun I love you... and DKong holy shit! 4scrape.org IS THE BEST!!!!
    Post edited by Skyshiro on
    So, that's, like, your wallpaper or something?
  • Wasn't that like the win 95 wallpaper?

Noah Lennox <3
  • Wasn't that like the win 95 wallpaper?
    Yes, it's reminiscent of the Mystery theme wallpaper that came with the first incarnation of Plus!
  • edited September 2008
    Noah Lennox <3</p>
    I listened to his solo Panda Bear stuff for the first time yesterday. Person Pitch was amazing, way better than anything by Animal Collective, but I didn't really like Young Prayer.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Noah Lennox <3</p>
    I listened to his solo Panda Bear stuff for the first time yesterday. Person Pitch was amazing, way better than anything by Animal Collective, but I didn't really like Young Prayer.
    Young Prayer is a slow burn. I didn't like it at all at first, but it grew on me. I think Person Pitch is tied with Strawberry Jam, though.
  • Noah Lennox <3</p>
    Looks like Kevin Rose.
  • edited September 2008
    Looks like Kevin Rose.
    I don't really see it.

But I'm pretty sure Andrew and Kevin Rose are the same person.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited September 2008
    Looks like Kevin Rose.
    I guess a little.
    image Eh, not really.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Sail, can you post a link to that wallpaper version?
  • No, because it's just an xkcd comic that I whited out the border around. It's easy. All you have to do is save the comic and set it as your wallpaper. Then you center it and make the background color white. Viola.
  • edited September 2008
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I had that Ramona one for awhile.