This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cosplaying

Comments

• That last pic just makes my laugh!
  • Ah, Li-Akahi...Your photoshoot made me smile, and will continue to bring laughter to my heart.
  • I kinda wish I had done a photoshoot of me and my 86 at Anime Expo this year. Maybe next year I'll have a real 86.
  • \o/ Li_Akahi, awesome pictures! I too burst out in laughter at the shield GET picture.
    Da nah nah naaaaaaah!
  • Yeah, so if remaking my Link costume wasn't enough, I got roped into joining some of my friends in doing an Odin Sphere cosplay. I will be the human form of Cornelius...
    ...and will be attempting to make a sword that lights up and a plushie of his Pooka form.
    Anrild is also in the group, and will be dressing up as Gwendolyn.
    I will keep you all updated as to the progress of both of my costumes.
  • Anrild is also in the group, and will be dressing up as Gwendolyn.
    A ballerina with iron legs?!
  • Anrild is also in the group, and will be dressing up as Gwendolyn.
    A ballerina with iron legs?!
    Odin Sphere is awesome. It's the best Vaguely-Norwegian-mythology-themed-side-scrolling-RPG-beat-em-up on the PS2.
  • Definitely looking forward to your Cornelius cosplay, he's probably my favorite character from the game. Considering how well you pulled off Link, I have no doubts you should be able to do this.
  • Definitely looking forward to your Cornelius cosplay, he's probably my favorite character from the game. Considering how well you pulled off Link, I have no doubts you should be able to do this.
    What I love about the costume is that it gives me a reason to grow my hair really long besides my old standby of "because I want to."
  • What I love about the costume is that it gives me a reason to grow my hair really long besides my old standby of "because I want to."
    What about the symbolism of breaking free of tradition and rules you had to follow when you were small?
  • What I love about the costume is that it gives me a reason to grow my hair really long besides my old standby of "because I want to."
    What about the symbolism of breaking free of tradition and rules you had to follow when you were small?
    What about the bishie-tude? Long haired guys are...KYAH~! <3
  • What about the bishie-tude? Long haired guys are...KYAH~! <3</p>
    I did not think about this angle, hmmm. I was planning on getting in shape this coming semester (as my schedule actually allows me to be able to go to the gym in the mornings on 3 weekdays), so this might actually be a possibility.
  • What about the bishie-tude? Long haired guys are...KYAH~! <3</p>
    I did not think about this angle, hmmm. I was planning on getting in shape this coming semester (as my schedule actually allows me to be able to go to the gym in the mornings on 3 weekdays), so this might actually be a possibility.
    *imagines muscle man bishie* Wha- Did you say something? :P

Getting in shape is a great goal. I'm taking advantage of the free gym downstairs. Maybe by next Otakon I'll have a body like Lum!
  • edited October 2009
    I now have my Kisuke scarf. Awesome. The scarf is around 4 or 5 yards long, it's freaking long.

Reference:
    I'm still debating whether or not to do a gradient dye for the colours. It would look really cool if I pull it off.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • From 2001, which was a long, long, time ago. This picture is how I met the FRC. :)

• @Nuri-Merle! Excellent cosplay! It totally suits you, too.
  • That picture is too cute, and Escaflowne was a great anime. I need to re-watch it :D
  • What would be the best way to go about making a turtle shell for myself? I don't know what to use for material.
  • edited October 2009
    Find a cardboard box about the right size to fit inside the shell you'd want. Use it as a base and then add balled-up newspaper or hard foam to fill out the general rounded shape. Get some bridal buckram (fabric stores should have it; it has glue already in the fabric) and basically do papier mache with it over the surface. The buckram will give you more structure than paper would. You can finish the surface with paper if you want a smooth finish, or you can leave the texture of the buckram. I suggest using a combination of the papier mache and hot glue to add the details to the shell before priming and painting. PRIME before you paint!

You can rig up shoulder straps connected to the cardboard box to wear the shell. Also, you could put small boxes in it and use them like pockets!

That is, of course, a very brief summary. :)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Ah, Nuri~! It's the fabled picture~!

...I can see why they let you stay in their room. (^_^)

Who says staying in a hotel room with strange boys you have met on the internet is a bad idea? :D

Who says staying in a hotel room with strange boys you have met on the internet is a bad idea? :D
    Everywhere...

That picture is impossibly cute though.
  • Everywhere...
    I make it sound worse than it was. My mom went with me to meet them, and I had an alternative place to stay if needed. But still...not the best idea ever. I was lucky.
  • edited October 2009
    Everywhere...
    I make it sound worse than it was. My mom went with me to meet them, and I had an alternative place to stay if needed. But still...not the best idea ever. I was lucky.
    Lucky indeed.

I just realized...aren't you 16 in that picture? 2001, and it was before November...

That would make Rym and ScoJo dirty old men. :)
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited October 2009

Picture's worth a thousand words.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Everywhere...
    Lucky indeed.

I just realized...aren't you 16 in that picture? 2001, and it was before November...

WTF are you still awake? And yes, I was 16 for the picture and 17 when I met them.
  • WTF are you still awake?
    At least I'm at work, so I have an excuse. No human should be up this late and not be in a bar, convention, or dorm lounge. ^_~
  • At least I'm at work, so I have an excuse. No human should be up this late and not be in a bar, convention, or dorm lounge. ^_~
    College ftw
  • WTF are you still awake?
    At least I'm at work, so I have an excuse. No human should be up this late and not be in a bar, convention, or dorm lounge. ^_~
    I have no excuse, but I have no daily schedule to speak of anymore either.
    I did that with a strange girl I met on the internet... now I live with her. :3