This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cosplaying

Comments

• College ftw
    Chem lab here.
  • College ftw
    Chem lab here.
    West coast here ^_~
  • West coast here ^_~
    Represent! It's also my weekend now, so I have no reason to go to bed early, even though I'm getting tired. I've been feeling sleepy since 9:30. -_-
  • West coast here ^_~
    I bet you guys have good sushi out there. Chicago has good sushi, but I'm in Central Illinois. Central Illinois sushi sucks.

I am jealous of you coastal/city types, with your awesomeness. I have to wait until winter to get that awesomeness again.
  • College ftw
    Chem lab here.
    West coast here ^_~
    Civ 4 here. ._.
  • Work nights here.
  • WTF are you still awake? And yes, I was 16 for the picture and 17 when I met them.
    eh that's nothing my gaming group had a 14 year old in it when we were 21.... now of course she is 21 and we are nearly 30... it works out in the end :-p (and gasp no one broke any laws playing D&D;)
  • bar
    Does it count if I'm having a drink in my own home?
  • Does it count if I'm having a drink in my own home?
    The later into the night/morning it is, the more people you need present and drinking along with you for it to count. 2:00 am drinking with a friend? Fine. 4:00am drinking with a dozen friends? Fine. 3:00am drinking alone? Not fine. 4:00am drinking with one other person? Alcoholics, both of you. ^_~
  • Does it count if I'm having a drink in my own home?
    The later into the night/morning it is, the more people you need present and drinking along with you for it to count. 2:00 am drinking with a friend? Fine. 4:00am drinking with a dozen friends? Fine. 3:00am drinking alone? Not fine. 4:00am drinking with one other person? Alcoholics, both of you. ^_~
    Define "with" another person. Chatting with a similarly drinking friend on AIM?
  • Define "with" another person. Chatting with a similarly drinking friend on AIM?
    In this modern world, I'll have to allow that.

Actually, I recall a Fark article about a Russian company that makes a product designed for drinking with friends over the Internet. It's a net-aware shotglass that keeps accurate count of how much alcohol you've consumed (or dumped out, I suppose), to ensure that you're actually keeping pace with your friends.
  • You guys are funny.
  • Define "with" another person. Chatting with a similarly drinking friend on AIM?
    Only if your drinking virtually :-p
  • I don't have class today until 1, AND we were watchin The West Wing, so I have two good reasons to have been up so late.
    Define "with" another person. Chatting with a similarly drinking friend on AIM?
    This is essentially how I ended up accidentally drinking an entire bottle of wine on my own and messing up the rest of my night horribly. Skype instead of AIM, but same concept. Just ask Evan. He's the one who had to sit on the phone with me while I sobered up enough to make sure I didn't pass out on the floor and choke. Now I refuse to drink without other people present...it's just easier that way. I don't plan to get that drunk, but you never know what can happen.

You also now know the secret of why I rarely have more than 2 drinks. I never, ever, want to be that drunk again. Bleagh.
  • You also now know the secret of why I rarely have more than 2 drinks.
    Well, you're safe having more than 2 drinks around me. ;)
    Actually, I recall a Fark article about a Russian company that makes a product designed for drinking with friends over the Internet. It's a net-aware shotglass that keeps accurate count of how much alcohol you've consumed (or dumped out, I suppose), to ensure that you're actually keeping pace with your friends.
    I feel as though I should own this, but I also feel as though it's an amazingly bad idea to do so.
  • Pete, somehow I do not think you could keep me from vomiting if I had that much alcohol again, no matter how much good will you intend. Though to be fair, it was a far cry above 2 drinks. Still, after 2 strong drinks anything more usually starts to go past the point of pleasant and into the realm of uncomfortable nausea.

This thread is the embodiment of Dragon*con. Cosplay, staying up late, and alcohol.
  • This thread is the embodiment of Dragon*con. Cosplay, staying up late, and alcohol.
    someday someday
  • Cosplay, staying up late, and alcohol.
    We should all go and cosplay as Mormons. Or AA recruiters.
  • Cosplay, staying up late, and alcohol.
    We should all go and cosplay as Mormons. Or AA recruiters.
    Sweet.
  • So we would wear normal clothes, but with funny underwear? ...And what does an AA recruiter look like, anyway? Do they carry around fishing poles with flasks at the end instead of hooks?
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Represent! It's also my weekend now, so I have no reason to go to bed early, even though I'm getting tired. I've been feeling sleepy since 9:30. -_-
    Mormon recruiters (at least how I remember them) usually are tall men in well-dressed dark suits riding bikes...I think Rym could be a passable Mormon converter if he pulled if a passable religious man act.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Yupa, what is it with you quoting people incorrectly? That is totally not me. Please check that the name you are attributing a quote to is correct. It's very annoying to have words put into your mouth or attributed to someone else.
  • Either the coding is off, or Nine is right and we are all just errant button pressers. I'm not really sure anymore.
  • Nine is right. Human error is much more likely than seemingly non-deterministic code behaviour.
  • I like big butts and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face
    You get sprung
    That's good to know Nuri :-p
    • CommentAuthorNuri
    • CommentTime1 hour ago
    permalinkquote
    So we would wear normal clothes, but with funny underwear? ...And what does an AA recruiter look like, anyway? Do they carry around fishing poles with flasks at the end instead of hooks?
    CommentAuthorYupaCommentTime1 hour agoeditedpermalinkquoteRepresent! It's also my weekend now, so I have no reason to go to bed early, even though I'm getting tired. I've been feeling sleepy since 9:30. -_-
    Mormon recruiters (at least how I remember them) usually are tall men in well-dressed dark suits riding bikes...I think Rym could be a passable Mormon converter if he pulled if a passable religious man act.
    • CommentAuthorNuri
    • CommentTime58 minutes ago
    permalinkquote
    Yupa, what is it with you quoting people incorrectly? That is totally not me. Please check that the name you are attributing a quote to is correct. It's very annoying to have words put into your mouth or attributed to someone else.
    • CommentAuthorAxel
    • CommentTime49 minutes ago
    permalinkquote
    Either the coding is off, or Nine is right and we are all just errant button pressers. I'm not really sure anymore.
    permalinkquote
    Nine is right. Human error is much more likely than seemingly non-deterministic code behaviour.
    • CommentAuthorCremlian
    • CommentTime4 minutes ago
    permalinkquote
    I like big butts and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face
    You get sprung
    That's good to know Nuri :-pFUCK YEAH! UNUSUAL ABILITY TO QUOTE EVERYTHING!
  • I've been paying attention recently and have seen the wrong name pop up in the text box after hitting the quote button, nothing highlighted.
  • I've been paying attention recently and have seen the wrong name pop up in the text box after hitting the quote button, nothing highlighted.
    Me too. While human error is more likely, it seems glitchy to me.
  • Yeah, the quoting has been glitchy lately, and I often have to try several times before it does it correctly. So what? Should we not be expected to read what we are posting? I have often manually typed the coding to get it correct. There's a reason we proofread.

ScoJo: I have said those words many times. I love JoCo's cover of that song. So technically, that is an accurate quote. :P
  • I have often manually typed the coding to get it correct.
    Me too. More people need to do this.