This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cosplaying

Comments

• Anyways, back to cosplaying! I was going to link the image of the one and only time I cosplayed, but the Fansview website is down. I cosplayed as Nanami when she turned into the cow/bulll from Utena. =3
    Found it! This is the only cosplay I've ever done and probably will ever do.

• edited April 2010
    I think I have had a great idea for cosplaying that few people do, yet is cheap to implement. Dress up as professor Oak. All I need is a lab coat and three pokeball toys that I already have. I just need to find someway to have Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur inside them :P! So if anyone know of any smallish pokemon toys (like (I will check later)big) could you hook me up with some info's.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • My cosplays from Tora-Con 2010.
    My brother and I as Matt and T.K. from Digimon 02.
    My improved Ness costume.
  • My improved Ness costume.
    You really need the over-sized yo-yo. Both costumes look good though.
  • My improved Ness costume.
    You really need the over-sized yo-yo. Both costumes look good though.
    I have a regular sized yo-yo, that's styled after Ness'. You can't see the details in any pictures, but here I am sleeping the yo-yo (it is not sitting on the floor like it looks like).
  • My girlfriend and I at Anime Boston 2010, cosplaying Arashi and Miwako from Paradise Kiss.

• My girlfriend and I at Anime Boston 2010, cosplaying Arashi and Miwako from Paradise Kiss.
    You two were so cute! I didn't recognize you until I left that panel after we briefly talked. I cant see the pic though.
  • edited April 2010
    My girlfriend and I at Anime Boston 2010, cosplaying Arashi and Miwako from Paradise Kiss.
    You two were so cute! I didn't recognize you until I left that panel after we briefly talked. I cant see the pic though.
    Whoops! Hope this works:

Post edited by Alex Leavitt on
  • Whoops! Hope this works:
    Not a carrot, mate.
    After looking at your link, though, I can see why - Twitpic doesn't like you hotlinking, in my experience. If you have a facebook version, try doing it with that one, Facebook don't mind you hotlinking images so much.
  • Whoops! Hope this works:
    Not a carrot, mate.
    After looking at your link, though, I can see why - Twitpic doesn't like you hotlinking, in my experience. If you have a facebook version, try doing it with that one, Facebook don't mind you hotlinking images so much.
    Screw it, I just uploaded it to my own server.

• Coming soon to an Otakon near you:

The costume is almost finished, I still need to paint the shoes and make his emblem/brooch thing. This is my Sunday costume, and there are two more planned.
    For Friday, Kisuke from Muramasa: the Demon Blade (except with two shorter swords instead of the single big one):
    For Saturday, Oswald (in his casual outfit) from Odin Sphere:
  • I wore my friend's Domo costume for a day at AX.

OM NOM NOM

Chillin' w/ Jesus

• edited July 2010
    @Li-Akahi: You're Morty from Pokemon! That's so cool.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • @Li-Akahi: You're Morty from Pokemon! That's so cool.
    I love his redesign from HG/SS and wanted something relatively simple to wear for Sunday, so I decided to make it.
  • I wore my friend's Domo costume for a day at AX.

OM NOM NOM

Chillin' w/ Jesus

Can I borrow your friend's costume for Mikomicon?
  • Love your cosplays, Li. I can't wait to see how the Kisuke and Oswald costumes look.
  • The girls I go to Otakon with have decided that they are going to do a Magic Knight Rayearth cosplay group next year, so I'm going to go solo and go through with making a Captain Harlock costume.

Making the Cosmo Dragoon and the Gravity Saber is going to be a bitch, though...
  • edited August 2010
    You should go as Mokona. That would be awesome. :P

Puu-puu-puu!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • You should go as Mokona. That would be awesome. :P
    No... I think I'm going to go as Harlock. Harlock will be EVEN MORE awesome.
  • Coming soon to an Otakon near you:
    I hate Morty, but that's a good costume (based on that one image).
  • But it would be cooler to be part of the group. There are tons of male characters in MRK that would be cool. Mage Clef or Ferio would be good ones.

I was only saying go as Mokona because you probably would get glomped hardcore. :P
  • If you wan to do an interesting cosplay that nobody else will do, dont' do a main character, main villain, or even side character. Do an extra, maybe one that appears in just one episode of something.

For example, lots of people do Power Rangers cosplay. I see a few at every convention. But they're always dressed as some color of ranger, or maybe the bad guys. Once in awhile you see a big cardboard robot. But you never see anyone cosplaying the generic grey henchmen.

For TMNT, don't be a turtle or Shredder, be a generic footclan guy. Do it in the same style as the first movie.

For Slayers, be a fish man or fish woman.

For Evangelion, be a generic NERV maintenance guy.

That's the kind of costumes I want to see.
  • I kind of want to do Elec Man from Mega Man 1. Of all the early robot masters, he has one of the easier designs to pull off, I think.
  • A group cosplay of all the generic Pokemon trainers would be insane. Bug Catcher, Scientist, Youngster, Hiker, Lass, Poke' Fan, Swimmer, zomg.
  • Ooh, yeah, that would be sweet.
  • A group cosplay of all the generic Pokemon trainers would be insane. Bug Catcher, Scientist, Youngster, Hiker, Lass, Poke' Fan, Swimmer, zomg.
    I've seen bug catchers and such before.
  • I saw one Bug Catcher at AX and a shitload of Rocket Grunts. What we need is more people cosplaying as trainers all at once.
  • I saw one Bug Catcher at AX and a shitload of Rocket Grunts. What we need is more people cosplaying as trainers all at once.
    How about as the Pokemon fan club?
  • Oh DUDE, that would be so sick. Dibs on the Chairman!
  • Dibs on the Chairman!
    Which of the three?