This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fast Karate Is Awsome

Comments

• Has this guy ever posted anything that wasn't related to promoting his sorry ass?
  • edited August 2008
    On an unrelated note to Fast Karate's awesomeness, has anyone had a problem with the ID tags for their episodes? I frequently download new episodes that are tagged as "Koji Kabuto Dies in Magma", either as the only title or after the show's title. Also, a lot of stuff gets doubled up sometimes. I frequently see "Dave and Joel; Dave and Joel" in the artist field.
    For the record, I'm using the newest release of Foobar2000 as my audio player...
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • I'm not experiencing anything like that.
  • On an unrelated note to Fast Karate's awesomeness, has anyone had a problem with the ID tags for their episodes? I frequently download new episodes that are tagged as "Koji Kabuto Dies in Magma"
    That is working as intended.
  • beware, sergeant stiletto, of the posing podcasters. They hate their fans.

The bully is only cool, if he is on your side. Join the rebellion, people.

Rant on Fast Karate

-dd
    Is this the kid from Skanektity? Hahaha I hope so. *I choose not to click the link*
  • beware, sergeant stiletto, of the posing podcasters. They hate their fans.

The bully is only cool, if he is on your side. Join the rebellion, people.

Rant on Fast Karate

-dd
    Is this the kid from Skanektity? Hahaha I hope so. *I choose not to click the link*
    Yeah it is, if you click his profile he's the same guy.
  • It's impossible for me to read John Dies at the End without reading the dialog of the two protagonists in Dave and Joel's voices.
  • Cogswell Pepperbox is long overdue for a guest appearance.
  • It's impossible for me to readJohn Dies at the Endwithout reading the dialog of the two protagonists in Dave and Joel's voices.
    Oh, thanks a lot, now I think I'll go read that again and do just that!
  • How'd it get buster wolfed, HOW'D IT GET BUSTER WOLFED?!?
  • JayJay
    edited March 2010
    The episode with wolf cannon and steak shield was pure gold. I believe it was one of the Vampire Hunter D episode?
    I think the one about Steel Battalion was the best. I listen to that episode over and over, and laugh every time.
    QFT. This is by far their best video game related episode.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • That one where they opened by singing In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel was pretty great, too... "Peter Gabriel and Cheap Trick should have some sort of baby."
  • That one where they opened by singing In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel was pretty great, too... "Peter Gabriel and Cheap Trick should have some sort of baby."
    I've been off and on the show. Which one is that?

My personal favorites are the Ghostbusters punk on Davek, Total Recall where they make fun of Paul Chapman, and any joke where they make Filipino inside jokes, because I totally get them and can't stop laughing.
    I've been off and on the show. Which one is that?
    The beginning of their episode on Burn Up W, "It's a 50-50 blend."
  • any joke where they make Filipino inside jokes, because I totally get them and can't stop laughing.
    Mabuhay ang Pinoy! It's hilarious to hear two awesome (though VERY white) guys make those Filipino jokes.

Also, I think I've learned(?) more about 24 than I ever wanted to. Ever.
  • edited March 2010
    For some reason there are few things I find more amusing than Dave and Joel making fat jokes.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • For some reason there are few things I find more amusing than Dave and Joel making fat jokes.
    Eight words - "WE NAME HIM HANABI. HE GON BROW UP!"
  • For some reason there are few things I find more amusing than Dave and Joel making fat jokes.
    Eight words - "WE NAME HIM HANABI. HE GON BROW UP!"
    "HE MY SON, HE RIV WITH HONOR!"
  • Eight words - "WE NAME HIM HANABI. HE GON BROW UP!"
    HANABI used EXPLOSION.
  • This thread proves to me that I really just don't have the right kind of memory structure to remember these kinds of things. I've listened to every episode of Fast Karate, and it is always entertaining, but I never remember specific jokes until I hear them again. And remembering which episodes have what in them? Yeah, no way.
  • This thread proves to me that I really just don't have the right kind of memory structure to remember these kinds of things. I've listened to every episode of Fast Karate, and it is always entertaining, but I never remember specific jokes until I hear them again. And remembering which episodes have what in them? Yeah, no way.
    I have the same problem.
    I only remembered that one because I was laughing so hard at that episode that I had to stop my run, and go and lay in the park for a while till it finished, with people staring at me like I was mad. What, England, you never seen a guy enjoying life before?

Oh, wait, it's England, probably not. Sorry about that.
  • edited March 2010
    What, England, you never seen a guy enjoying life before?
    I was once on a transatlantic flight that was literally your stereotypical nightmare flight. There was a mom with no less than three screaming kids in front of me, two punk kids behind me that kept kicking my seat, I'd already seen the in-flight movies, and the flight was like 12 hours long. So, I gritted my teeth and turned on the "Fast Karate" playlist on my iPod and settled in after ordering some free wine (silver lining of this flight was that the plane was registered in Spain, so wine was both free and available to me at 17). However, little did I expect what was coming--
    "WRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I am so thirsty!"
    "Would you like some...Entenmann's Donut Water?"
    "Did you do anything other than look at the Entenmann's Donut Water? Just go to a hospital."
    "I think every Emergency Button or smash glass thing should just say 'This Shit Just Got Real.' Do you have a shit just got real package? It should be under the Entenmann's Donut Water.The catheter should be in there."
    "Someone's trying to disarm the bomb, the Entenmann's Donut Water bomb--How much donut water did you drink? A sip? Alright, you've got five minutes to live."
    I was laughing so hard a baby stopped crying. I drew stares. Then I listened to more episodes, many about 24 ("I wanted her to shoot the baby SO BAD!" "No! My Cheeeeeeeeeetoes...."), and then drew more stares and drank more wine. This was all after a particularly intense three-week long trip survived on dozens and dozens of back-episodes of Fast Karate. When we got home and realized we had forgotten all of our keys in a foreign land, well, I was okay with that. I still reference the "Shit Just Got Real" button, too.

Thank for making life great, Dave and Joel.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I was laughing so hard a babystoppedcrying. I drew stares. Then I listened to more episodes, many about24("I wanted her to shoot the baby SO BAD!" "No! My Cheeeeeeeeeetoes...."), and then drew more stares and drank more wine. This was all after a particularly intense three-week long trip survived on dozens and dozens of back-episodes of Fast Karate. When we got home and realized we had forgotten all of our keys in a foreign land, well, I was okay with that. I still reference the "Shit Just Got Real" button, too.
    Goddamn. This makes me feel like I need to archive all the Fast Karate episodes in case of apocalypse or something.
  • edited March 2010
    Goddamn. This makes me feel like I need to archive all the Fast Karate episodes in case of apocalypse or something.
    Dave once described it as "the ultimate in consumable media" or something to that extent, and then suggested that people delete the episodes immediately after listening to them. The 400 episodes on this computer respectfully disagree.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I've deleted most episodes but I keep the Hanabi one around since it's about the funniest episode I've heard of any podcast.
  • edited March 2010
    I've deleted most episodes but I keep the Hanabi one around since it's about the funniest episode I've heard of any podcast.
    Agreed. It was 5 a.m. when I listened to that one in my car, and I remember I laughed so hard at Joel's Asian voice that I almost collided with an officer of the law. "NOW WE BOTH ONLY HAVE A-SIX GUYS!" "BOMB NOT AERODYNAMIC WITHOUT BABY STRAPPED TO IT!"
    Post edited by Jason on
  • "NOW WE BOTH ONLY HAVE A-SIX GUYS!"
    I often don't start laughing until the "A-(word)" in the Asian voice. I don't know why, but it's like the hilarity trigger.

Also, there was an episode in which Dave said, if I recall correctly "he shaved his head during his weightlifting phase, so he looked like a tiny Asian Vin Diesel." I couldn't breathe.
  • Sweet Zombie Jesus. Can somebody please tell me which episode the one with the Donut Water was?

My favorite episode is still the River City Ransom one. "He beat Tanaka into the shape of a coin!"
    Hypervelocity Wolf Cannon is also not to be underrated.
  • Fast Karate is my go-to background noise when I'm concentrating on some inane or mundane task. SOUNDWAVE, BITCH!