This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fast Karate Is Awsome

Comments

• GI Joe is still good, but for entirely different reasons than it was as a child.
    I like GI Joe for all of the unintentionally lawlz-y moments it contains, mostly from the PSA's.
  • edited November 2010
    A little late to the party, but this thread has made my night!
    Post edited by Decoy sheep on
  • edited December 2010
    I'm getting into this show again. There's a lot I've missed and a lot I don't remember, so you guys should list off for me your favorite episodes.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The one where Dave talks about food.... OH WAIT.
  • his name is hanabi is a classic
  • the elfen lied one was also funny
  • Every episode. All of them.
    I've actually been doing that for the past week, i'm a little over 75% done.
    This.

I have a playlist called "Fast Karate" in iTunes. I fall asleep to it. I find it difficult to sleep without Dave Riley's dulcet tones whisking me off to dreamland.
  • So with the recent episodes they make inside jokes about the "Trace Buster" or "Trace Buster Buster". There were references to that wacky hitman comedy starring Marky Mark "Good Vibrations" Wahlberg and Lou Diamond "La Bamba" Phillips known as The Big Hit

Because of that, I had the urge to watch the movie for a while now, but didn't want to wait in the mail for Netflix.

Last Friday, I was at a pawn store for shits and giggles and was browsing the Blu Ray section. Lo' and behold, staring at me was the movie for only $5. It was as if it was ordained by the mighty clapping gurus of Dave and Joel that this was the night of destiny.
  • Grizzled Detective Conan is one of my favorite bits in anything ever.
  • For the Record - During the Incident of the flaming couch, immediately before excrement materialised unto reality, we were talking about Fast Karate.
  • So with the recent episodes they make inside jokes about the "Trace Buster" or "Trace Buster Buster". There were references to that wacky hitman comedy starring Marky Mark "Good Vibrations" Wahlberg and Lou Diamond "La Bamba" Phillips known asThe Big Hit

Because of that, I had the urge to watch the movie for a while now, but didn't want to wait in the mail for Netflix.

Last Friday, I was at a pawn store for shits and giggles and was browsing the Blu Ray section. Lo' and behold, staring at me was the movie for only $5. It was as if it was ordained by the mighty clapping gurus of Dave and Joel that this was the night of destiny.
    This is a movie of many lolz. I endorse it.
  • This is a movie of many lolz. I endorse it.
    I think it would be cool if they did a review of this movie with P.T. Chapman on The Greatest Movie EVER! podcast.
  • Heylo humans!

Now I'm not saying that it's me... i'm saying... I know someone.... a friend of mine... named uh... Calvin. TorontoCalvin. He's not listened to a single episode yet. I know, right?

Where do you recommend he start?
  • Heylo humans!

Now I'm not saying that it's me... i'm saying... I know someone.... a friend of mine... named uh... Calvin. TorontoCalvin. He's not listened to a single episode yet. I know, right?

Where do you recommend he start?
    I personally like "Captain Awesome and the Awesome Police" But it's not really a timeless episode. Maybe try the episode they did for GeeKnights?
  • edited December 2010
    MD Geist and Ikki Tousen are two that stick out in my mind.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • 45 Second Vomit Joke was the episode that made me realize Fast Karate was special. But for an episode that will keep you laughing the whole way through, try This Is Why We Do Surveys Seamus.
  • I personally like "Captain Awesome and the Awesome Police"
    First episode I listened to. Pretty damn special, or maybe that's just the nostalgia talking.
  • First episode I listened to. Pretty damn special, or maybe that's just the nostalgia talking.
    No nostalgia needed, it's a quality podcast.
  • Man, tonight's Geeknights sure brings back some awesome Fast Karate memories.
  • Man, tonight's Geeknights sure brings back some awesome Fast Karate memories.
    Intentional, or UNintentional?
  • My current favorites are:

Both Doomed Megalopolis episodes (09/08/07 and 09/12/07) Lightning train and Candiru!
    Any Bubblegum Crisis episode and any Cyber City Oedo episode. Featuring Pris and layza tigas respectively.
    A newer episode from 08/23/10 This Chicken is Powerful discusses General Tso's love for women and spicy chicken.
    By far my favorite is Wrath of the Ninja from 1/3/2009. So awesome!
  • My problem with remembering which eps I liked, is I tend to listen to them in chucks of 3 or 4 eps at a time.. So don't have any idea what the title is without really searching.
  • Honestly, with Fast Karate, just close your eyes and point at an episode. Even if the audio quality isn't quite amazing, it'll be the best episode ever.
  • The "Ninja Resurrection: Christian Sorcery" episode always gets a belly laugh from me.
  • THanks! I will listen and report. I mean... my friend...Calvin....
  • THanks! I will listen and report. I mean... my friend...Calvin....
    You won't be disappointed.
  • You won't be disappointed.
    You mean Calvin won't be disappointed.