This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Computer Monitors, history of and what you need to look for in getting one.
    *cough*
    Doh!
  • There were a couple of threads recently about long hair for guys and I think that would make for a great show (stories, tips, suggestions, etc.). I know this would be more of a show for Rym, but perhaps you could bring Emily on. Who knows, maybe Scott had long hair in the past? It could be a How to Not Suck at Long Hair, Getting into Long Hair, or an Origins: Long Hair episode.
  • Who knows, maybe Scott had long hair in the past?
    He did, but he had to cut it. Otherwise their hair would've intertwined during sex and the would have been stuck together forever.
  • Remember guys, you need to do that show on the Disney ducks.
  • If you end up doing a new, expanded RIT anecdote show, you should talk about Colonypalooza. I don't recall you guys mentioning it before, and it was an interesting day.
  • Zombies Part 3?
  • Zombies Part 3?
    Am I the only person who doesn't want to see another zombies episode?
    edited November 2008
    Zombies Part 3?
    Am I the only person whodoesn'twant to see another zombies episode?
    First off, tell me how I watch Geeknights, secondly, yes.

More zombies please.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Zombies Part 3?
    Am I the only person whodoesn'twant to see another zombies episode?
    First off, tell me how I watch Geeknights, secondly, yes.

More zombies please.
    Visualizer.

Seriously, the zombie episode is the best one as far as visualized episodes go.
  • I want to hear that episode about Gracie's that you guys were talking about. :D
  • edited November 2008
    I'm not saying that there shouldn't be another zombies episode or that you shouldn't listen to it. I'm just wondering whether I'm the only one who doesn't really care if another one gets made or not, or for whom just one zombie episode was enough personally. I like zombies well enough; I just don't like them super crazily the way a lot of geeks seem to. :/
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I'm not saying that there shouldn't be another zombies episode or that you shouldn't listen to it. I'm just wondering whether I'm the only one who doesn't really care if another one gets made or not, or for whom just one zombie episode was enough personally. I like zombies well enough; I just don't like them super crazily the way a lot of geeks seem to. :/
    I don't think it's as much the fact that they are zombies, it's more the survival aspect. That's just how I feel though
  • I'm not saying that there shouldn't be another zombies episode or that you shouldn't listen to it. I'm just wondering whether I'm the only one who doesn't really care if another one gets made or not, or for whom just one zombie episode was enough personally. I like zombies well enough; I just don't like them super crazily the way a lot of geeks seem to. :/
    Let us have our running joke!
  • Let us have our running joke!
    Yes, that too.
  • Have you guys done a show about the FRC??? Like how we all meet and who we are?

Also, a show on logical fallacies would be nice and I still think you should do a show no the stuff you DON'T own and why.
  • Have you guys done a show about the FRC??? Like how we all meet and who we are?

Also, a show on logical fallacies would be nice...
    I'm pretty sure they've done both.
  • First off, tell me how I watch Geeknights, secondly, yes.
    Secret camera, it won't be pretty..

Could Rym and Scott discuss things being fake on the Internet, e.i. When awesome video's turn out to be viral marketing; and how this affect your view of it.
  • In one week, I go to an interview for an entry-level IT job. Considering that most of my work experience before this is non-IT related, any chance Rym and Scott could maybe do an episode on IT job interviews. Similarities and differences? Would greatly appreciate it.
  • Well I did not bother to check if anyone has said this before but,
    I would like to hears shows on the following comics (assuming you have read then, and if not I think you should);
    Sandman by Neal Gaiman (I think I remember you mentioning Gaiman at some point)
    Hellboy by Mike Mignola (was Scott the one who was going to buy the library edition?)
    Lucifer by Mike Carey (technically a Sandman spinoff, but I don't think Sandman is required)
    Preacher by Garth Ennis
    Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis

I know its a long list, but those are my Ideas.
    (I think given your taste in Comics and what you talk about on the show, I am sort of surprised that Sandman has never come up.)
  • How about an episode about Half-Life: 2 or just the Half-Life series in general?
  • How about an episode about Half-Life: 2 or just the Half-Life series in general?
    I believe that Rym hasn't finished Half Life 2 so they won't be able to make an episode on HL yet.
    I believe that Rym hasn't finished Half Life 2 so they won't be able to make an episode on HL yet.
    Maybe that's because he mainly discounts single player games n general. This makes Scott the superior gamer as a REAL gamer keeps both in harmony.
    Maybe that's because he mainly discounts single player games n general. This makes Scott the superior gamer as a REAL gamer keeps both in harmony.
    It's kinda funny. I discount single player PC games more than I do single player console games. It might be because my brain relates PC to multiplayer. I don't know.
  • Final Thoughts:
    Shoujo Kakumei Utena!
    All of the Prince of Nothing (No cop-out with individual books because people are too lazy to read. Its all or nothing!)
    Watchmen (Maybe) considering the worrying if the new movie is going to be good or not has reminded me of how awesome it is.
    Escaflowne
    Sanctuary (I have a sad little hope that this will happen, knowing it never can) I 'm one of apparently very few people who has all of it. I treasure them as if they were made of gold.

Review: some you must review and others are for when there is nothing else and its easy to do

Will Eisner (anything)
    Willie and Joe
    Gundam (Anything universal century): overview, its not deep enough for final thoughts
    Barefoot Gen
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Porco Rosso or any miyazaki film, easy to watch and fun. I just wanted Porco Rosso because I watched it recently.
    Black Lagoon (Pure ridiculous action. The only thing this could be is a show of, do you remember when they did this it was so awesome.) Definitely not a must but fun.
    Osamu Tezuka's: Mu, Black Jack, Buddha, Phoenix
    Avatar: the last airbender (Iroh is awesome)
    Hyperion
    Queen and Country
  • edited January 2009
    For Wednesday: Asterix.
    If you have never read anything Asterix, do it.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Thursday:

A show about profanity. Origins of the words like "Fuck", "Shit", "Bitch", etc.

I love cuss words! LOL ^_^
  • Thursday:

A show about profanity. Origins of the words like "Fuck", "Shit", "Bitch", etc.

I love cuss words! LOL ^_^
    Just watch the Penn and Teller Bullshit! episode on cursing.
  • Just watch the Penn and Teller Humbug! episode on cursing.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2009
    The episode where Scrym debate over which Mecha would be the best to own as evident from the end of the Questions Week Anime episode. Rym is totally wrong, because the Super Star Destroyer IS a Mecha because it DOES have arms.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The Wolfire indie gaming team would like to be in the show, hopefully Rym and Scott accept them. As a big fan of their "Lugaru" and the upcoming "Overgrowth", listening to an interview of the team would be awesome.