This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Here's hoping for a show on Borderlands.
  • Here's a suggestion for a final thoughts show on Utena for Wednesday! I'm sure there's a bunch to talk about, and it seems like a fairly low research show. ^^
  • Final thoughts: Gundam SEED?
  • I think Geeknights should stick to the accessible shows for a month or two to get back into things. The final thoughts and bookclub shows may be enjoyable to record but they do keep a lot of people away.
  • For a games show: Things it is no longer excusable to include in games, such as: Loose controls, a lack of auto save, cut-scenes. Also covering times where big budget games do things worse than much older games have already done them.
  • I think an interesting show topic would be a description of past opinions/stances/points of view you each once had, but have since changed. Also, explaining why they changed and what they changed to.
  • Facebook micro games
  • Facebook micro games
    Pretty sure they abhor those types of games. But I could be wrong.
  • Pretty sure they abhor those types of games. But I could be wrong.
    Shortest show ever.
    "And tonight, we talk about Facebook micro games. They're shit. *endcredits.*"
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    I assume there will be a show about the now released beta of Project Donut.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • How Not to Suck at Going to the Bathroom.
    O_o
    DON'T STAND WHEN IT'S A SITTING TOILET! Don't pull off 3 feet of toilet paper if you only took a piss.
    DON'T STAND WHEN IT'S A SITTING TOILET! Don't pull off 3 feet of toilet paper if you only took a piss.
    Echoed this. Jesus, you can be a man and squat.
  • edited November 2009
    Thursday Ideas:

Planning a house party

How Not to Suck at:
    -lying
    -BSing
    -being frugal
    -holiday shopping
    -road trips
    -pranks

Bullies
    Post edited by DJ_Katsuhiko_Jinnai on
  • How Not to Suck at:
    -lying
    Scott doesn't lie. He makes a point of saying what he believes is the truth.
  • How Not to Suck at:
    -lying
    Scott doesn't lie. He makes a point of saying what he believes is the truth.
    But he already admitted to lying frequently by stating opinions he doesn't hold to bait people into arguments. That is lying.
  • But he already admitted to lying frequently by stating opinions he doesn't hold to bait people into arguments. That is lying.
    No, Scott only ever says things that he believes to be the truth. Nobody ever said he wasn't just changing what he believed on a frequent basis.
  • Any chance Scrym could talk about Game Center CX or it's video game spin-off: Retro Game Challenge?
  • No, Scott only ever says things that he believes to be the truth. Nobody ever said he wasn't just changing what he believed on a frequent basis.
    Cute and I see what you did there. However, he openly admitted to claiming opinions and stances he didn't actually have in order to argue with people (and get attention).
  • Any chance Scrym could talk about Game Center CX or it's video game spin-off: Retro Game Challenge?
    If we had ever heard of it before right this second.
  • Cute and I see what you did there. However, he openly admitted to claiming opinions and stances he didn't actually have in order to argue with people (and get attention).
    I know, just messing.
  • Scott Rubin: Troll Extraordinaire.

Which brings up a show idea: Trolling.
  • Cooking the geek way
  • Cooking the geek way
    Alton Brown pretty much has this covered.
  • I noticed that the "Traffic Waves" from the Retrospective episode has been mentioned way back when, but 3 years later, and still no traffic waves. (Then again, I'm still listening to the archive. So maybe I will run into it? Who knows. Only one way to find out.)
  • We expect to do a show tonight. Things are hiatusy for now, but by the new year, we'll have a studio again, and all will be good. No more Skype shows, and we've got a lot in the hopper now. ^_~
  • We expect to do a show tonight. Things are hiatusy for now, but by the new year, we'll have a studio again, and all will be good. No more Skype shows, and we've got a lot in the hopper now. ^_~
    Awesome. Can't wait.