This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• You know what, I never realized this until just now....there has never been an idea posted about a show on the FRC Forums...at all.
    *ahem*
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    You know what, I never realized this until just now....there has never been an idea posted about a show on the FRC Forums...at all.
    *ahem*
    Fine then, a show about awesome forumites and their contributions to the forums as a whole.
    EDIT: In other words, Geek Profiles featuring awesome forumites such as Viga, Sonic, Sail, Omnutia
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited August 2009
    Content before meta, please.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I wasn't around here in 2006, so it doesn't count.
  • edited August 2009
    I wasn't around here in 2006, so it doesn't count.
    Holy shit....I just realized that I was. I remember what I was doing when I listened to that show.

(Edit - as in, I was listening to Geeknights, Which makes it my longest running podcast subscription.)
    Post edited by Churba on
    Holy shit....I just realized that Iwas. I remember what I was doing when I listened to that show.

(Edit - as in, I was listening to Geeknights, Which makes it my longest running podcast subscription.)
    Me too! Wow, it doesn't seem like 5 years already.
  • Ha-ha! You've wasted years of your life interacting with this group of assholes!
    Wait, that hurts me too... on many levels.
    Neither was I.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Instead of posting a list of the stuff I think would make awesome episodes, I'll post a link to a thread that sums up some episode ideas that would be epic. Also I have two questions for you Scott, how come Rym seems to be the one who doesn't read the awesome comics you do and do you have the same problem Rym has about having piles of unfinished media he has to get through?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I've been reading about this DS game called Scribblenauts that seems right up their alley. Basically, it presents you with puzzles like "get the cat off the roof" or "knock over the bottles," except that instead of the character having special moves to accomplish this, you type in pretty much anything you can think of - the game has this mammoth database of thousands upon thousands of objects to be called on at any given time, and the game seems to run with it very well. In the bottle puzzle, for instance, just to think outside the box, someone created a kangaroo, jumped in its pouch, then glued lettuce to a stick, and the stick to its back, so the kangaroo jumped forward into the bottles trying to get the lettuce; by the same token, someone else summoned a battleship and blasted them away. The possibilities for creativity there seem nearly endless, and just for fun, the menu screen lets you play around with the items, no rules or restrictions, just freedom to do.

Even if its just mentioned briefly on a Tuesday show, the game seems to be worth a look.
  • I pre-ordered Scribblenauts, but I have very low expectations for it. I expect there to be about five minutes of lols as you type in all sorts of weird stuff. Then the game will basically have no replay value whatsoever.
  • Scott, if you grow tired of it (or any DS games for that matter) I would be happy to take them off your hands. I only have about three DS games at the moment.
  • It's a fair point - I've been disappointed far too many times by games that promise the world, but I will say I'm hopeful. Only time will tell though.
  • I never expect more than light diversion from any video game, and am only rarely disappointed.
  • Scott, if you grow tired of it (or any DS games for that matter) I would be happy to take them off your hands. I only have about three DS games at the moment.
    You should get a DS piracy card.
  • You should get a DS piracy card.
    Agreed, piracy cards are the way to go.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    You should get a DS piracy card.
    Agreed, piracy cards are the way to go.
    The only time that I wouldn't agree or feel right in using them, is if it is of a new game that is released or a game that is so good, it is worth spending your monies on (like Professor Layton).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • You should get a DS piracy card.
    Or I could just mooch off of friends' cast aways. :P
  • The only time that I wouldn't agree or feel right in using them, is if it is of a new game that is released or a game that is so good, it is worth spending your monies on (like Professor Layton).
    To be fair, I only use mine to play games I wouldn't have bothered buying, or to try out games I'm probably going to buy anyway.
  • Or I could just mooch off of friends' cast aways. :P
    Works for me. I have very few games that I bought new.
  • I know that this has has been mentioned here and there and this on this thread, but I really want to have an answer from Scrym:ete Why has there not been an Earthbound/Mother Series episode yet? It's a known fact that Scrym likes Earthbound and has been mentioned several times on the show. More recently, they mentioned it in a very recent episode of theirs with myself being mentioned as well. If you guys ever do decide to do an episode on the game, I think it would be a good idea to have myself on the show because I could add a lot to the show because I know it so well and love it so much, yet am able to keep it concise, detailed, and non-fanboyish (some of the time).
  • Having the Ultimate Batman:The Animated Series in my collection and one for Superman:The Animated Series coming out in November, it might be a good time to revisit the DC Animated Universe. Consider that for a period running from 1992-2006 arguably one of the best animated series was running in some version. I think it is also important to look back, as Disney XD is showing the episodes with a lot of heavy editing.
  • Does the Poll on the front page of the forum serve any purpose anymore since it hasn't been updated in forever?
  • Does the Poll on the front page of the forum serve any purpose anymore since it hasn't been updated in forever?
    What are you talking about?
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Does the Poll on the front page of the forum serve any purpose anymore since it hasn't been updated in forever?
    "Does the Poll work for you?". That poll.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited September 2009
    Does the Poll on the front page of the forum serve any purpose anymore since it hasn't been updated in forever?
    "Does the Poll work for you?". That poll.
    It's up to you to remove/dismiss it for yourself, check your forum preferences under the account tab.
    Post edited by Apreche on
    edited September 2009
    It's up to you to remove/dismiss it for yourself, check your forum preferences under the account tab.
    He means in the bar to the left, not a notification on top that can be dismissed.
    Post edited by ... on
  • It's up to you to remove/dismiss it for yourself, check your forum preferences under the account tab.
    He means in the bar to the left, not a notification on top that can be dismissed.
    Screenshot me. I don't see anything.
  • It's up to you to remove/dismiss it for yourself, check your forum preferences under the account tab.
    Has it been so long, that you forgot the whole thing exists?
    Has it been so long, that you forgot the whole thing exists?
    Show me because I have no idea WTF you are talking about.