This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Show me because I have no idea WTF you are talking about.
    It was an old poll that said "Does this work?". I honestly haven't seen it ages, however it does pop up now and again. Honestly though, it really doesn't matter, because when it was up, I would just ignore it.
  • Show me because I have no idea WTF you are talking about.
    It was an old poll that said "Does this work?". I honestly haven't seen it ages, however it does pop up now and again. Honestly though, it really doesn't matter, because when it was up, I would just ignore it.
    I know the poll you are talking about. I have never seen it pop up anywhere. I need a screenshot or I can't do shit.
  • I know the poll you are talking about.
    Good, then:
    Does [it] serve any purpose any more, since it hasn't been updated in forever?
    I honestly haven't seen it ages, however it does pop up now and again.
    What the hell? Magick forum software? Are you perhaps talking about the unrelated "SOMEONE MADE A NEW POLL, VOTE FOR IT" notifications at the top of all the threads? That's unrelated to the poll Yupa talks about. The latter having never suddenly 'popped' up, not after voting.
  • Pop up was a bad choice of words. I meant appear.
  • edited September 2009
    *sigh*
    Post edited by Viga on
  • *sigh* picture reeking of obviousness
    Really Scott? I thought you would have known your own site inside and out.
  • Uhh, I don't have that.
  • edited September 2009
    Just un-check "show active poll in panel" in forum preferences.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Just un-check "show active poll in panel" in forum preferences.
    Precisely.
  • edited September 2009
    Doesn't just voting in the poll also remove it?
    EDIT: Heh, seems I had "Show active Poll in Panel" disabled without even knowing about it.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Just un-check "show active poll in panel" in forum preferences.
    Just un-check "show active poll in panel" in forum preferences.
    Precisely.
    This not an answer to the asked question. The question was, will it ever be used for a new poll, and if the answer is no, then the obvious implied question is why the heck does it still exist? Is it that hard a question to answer for you Scott?
  • This not an answer to the asked question. The question was, will it ever be used for a new poll, and if the answer is no, then the obvious implied question is why the heck does it still exist? Is it that hard a question to answer for you Scott?
    All I did was install the poll extension to vanilla. That's how it works. It's not something I control or intend. If you leave it on, it will pick the "active" poll for a logged in user and display it on the right.
  • Make a show called "The Argument Show". Make something like "The Train of Thought Derails".
  • HALO
    Mass Effect
    Dead Rising
  • You guys talk about Pixar quite a bit, but I don't think you've ever actually done an episode that is about their films, so that could be interesting. I think Emily could definitely join in for that one.
  • +1 on the Pixar show.

Have you read Blankets? It's worth a read and talk.
  • edited October 2009
    Pixaaaaar Shoooooow. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah.

W (@___@) W

Maybe I can drag the boys to go see the double feature Toy story 1 and 2 that is coming out in theaters. Rym has seen most of the movies out on DVD, because I sat down with him and said WATCH THIS, and he has seen most of Wall-e, but not UP. He has seen the beginning minutes of Ratatouille more than anyone probably should because I put it on the Roku when I am bored, sometimes.

I think that Rym hasn't seen Toy Story I and II and Scott has only seen I.

I've read Blankets, and I told them I would lend it to them, but they say "In the queue" and forget about it.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Scott has only seen I.
    The only Pixar movie I have ever seen is Toy Story 1, but I saw it a bajillion times.
  • edited October 2009
    The only Pixar movie I have ever seen is Toy Story 1, but I saw it a bajillion timees.
    You'll enjoy Toy Story 2 (and most other Pixar movies, for that matter). It's one of those rare sequels that lives up to, and to some surpasses, the original.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Pixaaaaar Shoooooow. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah.

W (@___@) W

Maybe I can drag the boys to go see the double feature Toy story 1 and 2 that is coming out in theaters. Rym has seen most of the movies out on DVD, because I sat down with him and said WATCH THIS, and he has seen most of Wall-e, but not UP. He has seen the beginning minutes of Ratatouille more than anyone probably should because I put it on the Roku when I am bored, sometimes.

I've read Blankets, and I told them I would lend it to them, but they say "In the queue" and forget about it.
    I hope that Rym has seen The Incredibles, because out of all of Pixar's movies, that's the one that everyone loves.
  • edited October 2009
    I hope that Rym has seen The Incredibles, because out of all of Pixar's movies, that's the one that everyone loves.
    Really? The Incredibles was a bit sub-standard compared to things like Monsters Inc.

Edit: Well I suppose you could be right in terms of broad appeal, according it the Metacritic and Rotten Tomato's scores.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Pixaaaaar Shoooooow. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah.

W (@___@) W

Agreed. But when I went to see the double feature, I was flooding down memory lane. I imagined myself as a wee lad sitting in the same theater watching it. By the time the first one was over I started crying because of the nostalgia. I suggest to you guys, when the intermission occurs, quickly do what you want to do (bathroom, snacks, etc) and stay throughout the intermission because they have exclusive things you can't see anywhere else (exclusive short animations and a lot of MST3K inspired commentary by the actors over various things).

EDIT: Another interesting thing to talk about would be Brad Bird's newest Pixar movie coming out soon, one that is live action!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • EDIT: Another interesting thing to talk about would be Brad Bird's newest Pixar movie coming out soon, one that islive action!
    Links. I need links. Now.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    EDIT: Another interesting thing to talk about would be Brad Bird's newest Pixar movie coming out soon, one that islive action!
    Links. I need links. Now.
    Ask and ye shall recieve.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Maybe I can drag the boys to go see the double feature Toy story 1 and 2 that is coming out in theaters.
    Better hurry. I think there's a week left.

I saw 1 so much as a kid I could recite the entire movie. I saw 2 as a teen and loved it even though back then I said "It good for a kids film." I really thought it was one of the most awesome animated films at the time. Now Toy Story 3 as an adult! I will have a crap ton of nostalgia along with my movie theater nachos. Just like when I saw the double feature.
  • How about a gimmick week?
    What would that be? What do you mean?
    What would that be? What do you mean?
    Like do something to make the show more interesting. For example: make a 1920s week where the audio sounds intentionally terrible and use 1920s lingo or something to that effect.
  • Scott has only seen I.
    The only Pixar movie I have ever seen is Toy Story 1, but I saw it a bajillion times.
    Um...why have you only seen one Pixar movie?
  • Um...why have you only seen one Pixar movie?
    Because I haven't seen any other ones yet?