This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• it's fun to do again.
    But you do nothing! ;o)
  • I'd rather have steak once a week (or so) than Lunchables every day.
  • I just googled Lunchables. The thing I found really is a thing! Like a thing you can buy!

Meanwhile, when working on cruise ships where food is free, I often eat some kind of steak every day for many days in a row.
  • I'd rather have steak once a week (or so) than Lunchables every day.
    I didn't catch that this was a metaphor at first and was really confused as to why you were saying that. Now I'm hungry. Steak would be nice, but Lunchables would suffice.
  • I just googled Lunchables. The thing I found really is a thing! Like a thing you can buy!
    Yeah, pretty much. American ingenuity at its finest.
  • If you were an Elementary School student in America during the 90s, and you had Lunchables, you were basically the shit.
    Yeah, pretty much. American ingenuity at its finest.
    I saw PB&J; Lunchables at the supermarket recently. It looked like the same bread as shitty snack pizza crusts.
    If you were an Elementary School student in America during the 90s, and you had Lunchables, you were basically the shit.
    I still don't understand why they were so popular, but this was true during the early 2000's too. I think they're pretty much dead now, which is nice.
  • Lunchables always sucked. Cool kids bought lunch when I was growing up.
  • Pizza Friday!
    My school didn't sell lunch. You could pre-order overpriced, shitty Papa Ginos pizza on Wednesdays or overpriced, kinda-OK subs on Fridays, but that was it.
  • Pizza Friday!
    We had Pizza Thursday. It was to try to keep us from getting totally depressed because Thursday sucks.
    I always brought lunch. And for a long time, it was always the same lunch.
    Yep. I'm a BOSS.
  • My mom said FIE! to the Lunchables, and I always had a insulated lunch bag with good stuff from the local co-op. I was the type of kid who brought almond butter sandwiches and fruit leather and stuff.
    In High School I bought the $1.10 hot lunches on the plastic trays. You know, with the pizza that was exactly the right size to fit in the big square, and the milk that was just right to fit in the small one?
  • $1.10? My lunches cost me $2.25 and my brother's is now $3-something.

Tell you what, though: I fucking loved those press formed teriyaki chicken strips. I would do anything (reasonable) to get some of those right now.
  • edited September 2011
    Am I really that old, or did I just have crappier/cheaper school lunches at my NY public school?
    Also, I loved tatertots, and my mom never bought them, so they were this legendary crummy school food. I remember when I was in the grocery store shopping for my own cooking, and I realized I could just buy a pack. I don't, but I am occasionally tempted.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Am I really that old, or did I just have crappier/cheaper school lunches at my NY public school?
    Also, I loved tatertots, and my mom never bought them, so they were this legendary crummy school food. I remember when I was in the grocery store shopping for my own cooking, and I realized I could just buy a pack. I don't, but I am occasionally tempted.
    I am tempted to take hash-brown patties and fry them for the same effect, but BIGGER.
  • Am I really that old, or did I just have crappier/cheaper school lunches at my NY public school?
    Inflation! Mine was 1.25 - 1.50 range of price. Tater tots are associated with the day we found a roach fried inside one. Even now, that memory comes up and I feel ill.
  • Oh, ooog, that makes me lose my appetite just thinking of it.
  • I'm having tater tots with dinner tonight.
  • Fuck! My high school a a total ripoff.It's like $2.50 for a slice of bad pizza of a "cheeseburger" (trust me, the quotes are necessary).
  • I remember when I was in the grocery store shopping for my own cooking, and I realized I could just buy a pack. I don't, but I am occasionally tempted.
  • Now that I'm living in college, I've started keeping my fridge stocked with whipped cream as frequently as possible so I can just eat it from the can whenever I want.
  • Now that I'm living in college, I've started keeping my fridge stocked with whipped cream as frequently as possible so I can just eat it from the can whenever I want.
    I do that living on my own anyway. Its wrong, but feels so~o right.
    I do that living on my own anyway. Its wrong, but feels so~o right.
    I used to do that with Funfetti.
  • I think a Monday show about Steve Jobs, your opinions on Apple going forward, etc, could be an interesting one.
  • Fuck! My high school a a total ripoff.It's like $2.50 for a slice of bad pizza of a "cheeseburger" (trust me, the quotes are necessary).
    Bad pizza of a cheeseburger? Please, tell me more.
  • I have said it once I will say it again. Mouse Guard dam it!
  • I have said it once I will say it again. Mouse Guard dam it!
    Like this?
  • When the F-balls did that happen? I would put the disclamer that the only time I hear of them talk of it was in pacing and that was a couple of years back. Fine then, final thoughts?
  • When the F-balls did that happen? I would put the disclamer that the only time I hear of them talk of it was in pacing and that was a couple of years back. Fine then, final thoughts?
    Is it done? I thought that Peterson is working on more for it. Or is it just side stories? Is the main story done? I haven't read Winter 1152 yet, so I honestly don't know.