This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Geek kitchen gadgets or How to stop eating like you're a lazy collage Junor?!?!
  • Crock pot does all the cooking for you. Just add meat.
  • Crock pot does all the cooking for you. Just add meat.
    Also watch Alton Brown's Good Eats. Best cooking show ever.

• Also watch Alton Brown's Good Eats. Best cooking show ever.
    I don't like his shows. Something about him irks me.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2013
    Could you be a little more specific?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited April 2013
    Not really. It's just something about his demeanor that I don't like, and I'd be hard-pressed to articulate it.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2013
    Not really. It's just something about his demeanor that I don't like, and I'd be hard-pressed to articulate it.
    I don't know what you're talking about. To me, he comes off as approachable, very well-informed & willing to teach, and dry witted, and quick on his feet (when it comes to his comedic chops). All those are pluses in my book. But hey, to each their own.

Personally, I love his shows. He actually taught me how to cook real food and I still use all the techniques and tips that I learned from Good Eats.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Inspired by this recent conversation, what about cooking shows in general, or "personal improvement shows" or whatever they're classified as. I'm talking about shows like Kitchen Nightmares, Hoarders, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, etc.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2013
    Inspired by this recent conversation, what about cooking shows in general, or "personal improvement shows" or whatever they're classified as. I'm talking about shows like Kitchen Nightmares, Hoarders, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, etc.
    I second this.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Woodworking with Rym and Scott.
  • Woodworking with Rym and Scott.
    We already did a show on that.

http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20060413/masturbation-explicit/
  • I was hoping someone would take it that direction.
  • Would you guys be interested in talking about swordsmanship, primarily Western swordsmanship? I've been studying it for a few years now and there's a lot of cool things to talk about. History is often stranger than fantasy I find.
  • That last one was actually me, I for some reason have another account, probably from when I first tried to sign up. At any rate let me know if you are interested. I know primarily German Longsword, Langes Messer, Italian rapier, and Dolchfechten (German dagger fighting).
  • Perhaps revisit the D&D episode from 2006, knowing then what you know now?
  • Streaming services and devices.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2013
    How about a review of Rose of Versailles? Seeing as how much Rym adores Utena, I think it'll be a great fit especially considering Ikuhara was so heavily influenced by Versailles. Also, it is extremely accessible in terms of watching it since you can officially watch it on Viki.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Is the Viki release official? I thought it was in a weird gray area. I know there's a good BakaBT torrent, but that's of course completely illegal.
  • Is the Viki release official? I thought it was in a weird gray area. I know there's a good BakaBT torrent, but that's of course completely illegal.
    No it is legal. All of the anime has been licensed by the original production companies. Have at it.

• Interstella 5555 ;-)
  • Interstella 5555 ;-)
    Yes, convince me I'm wrong.
  • I'd like to suggest The Night Circus as a book club book.
  • I'm going to Australia soon for a three week vacation and I'm really looking forward to it (no PAX unfortunately). I plan on dedicating each week to a different vacation style. The first will be semi-lazy sight seeing and beaches and pools. The second will be active, free in the wild and out of my urban comfort zone. The third will be assimilating the local culture and quite down to earth.

How about a show where you talk about the best kinds of vacations for the modern geek?
  • First Person RPGs

The Elder Scrolls, Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei and whatnot.
  • Have you guys bothered with a show on different technology job company environments?

Like corporate vs government vs startup vs small business vs contractor.

I realize that's a lot to chew off for a single episode, but at this point I think you guys have done a little bit of everything, right?
  • Have you guys bothered with a show on different technology job company environments?

Like corporate vs government vs startup vs small business vs contractor.

I realize that's a lot to chew off for a single episode, but at this point I think you guys have done a little bit of everything, right?
    If not, they probably can pull in others who have to fill in the gaps.
  • I don't know if this is the right section for this comment, so sorry if it isn't.
    I just finished catching up with every archived episode and videos.
    I just want to say keep up the awesome work.
  • Underwear Pervert comic books that are actually worth reading.
  • 1. DKR
    2. Watchmen
    3. Superman Red Son

What else is there that Rym thinks is worth reading? Seems like a pretty short show, since they already gave two of those their own shows.