This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• No torrents + Wanting to watch Doctor Who = Suck.
  • I've lost access to my Windows 7 Partition today tried recovering via disk didn't work there goes about a year of Music,Movies, and Programs. Fuck
    Use the Ubuntu Live CD to read the partition and copy it away.
  • I was planning on talking to this girl at work to see if she wanted to meet up for coffee this weekend, but that's not going to happen because she's at Sexual Harassment Training.

Should I take this as a "Don't be a Dumbass" sign?
  • Should I take this as a "Don't be a Dumbass" sign?
    Just know the rules, if you ask once her and she declines that MUST be the end of it. If you continue to press the issue it could be sexual harassment.
  • edited May 2010
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited May 2010
    Dora the Explorer is an illegal alien?
    Stay classy, Fox News.
    Some of these comments are horrific...
    Dora has never been watched in my house! Learning Spanish IS not important when you're 3 years old! I say deport the illegal and her entire "entitlement family"... ADIOS
    Let's ignore the proven research showing that leanring more languages at a young age dramatically improves all other learning skills, and that learning languages becomes dramatically harder as one ages.
    She is an attempt to indoctrinate American kids into multi-culturalism.
    I agree with BamaCop. A child visiting us thursday was watching Dora on my Tv and Dora was teaching our children how to speak spanish. Indoctination of our youth. A red flag went up and I quickly put on Tom and Jerry. Parents blindly put their kids in front of the TV to get them out their hair so they can do other things around the house. Either they don't pay attention to or don't care what exactly is on these cartoon shows.
    Not only can people apparently read anything into anything, but both also act like teaching multi-culturalism in a wonderfully diverse world is bad.
    Not a thing wrong with learning another language, not one thing, but it should not be mandatory and it should not be just one choice Spanish. Back in the day when I was in school taking another language was an elective class and not a mandatory one like it is in many schools today..And yes I know several other languages besides English and read,write and speak both French and Italian fluently, and have no desire to learn another one.
    So yes making students have to learn Spanish is indoctrination.
    Oh dear Chomsky.
    no - she's legal. spongebob squarepants had an affair with an illegal mexicani immigrant here in america and she gave birth to dora - which makes dora a legal citizen since she was born in america.
    dont you read the loony toon times?
    wat. Also, what the fuck? "Mexicani?" Is this person so fucking stupid that the don't know the adjective for a person from Mexico? Y'know, a Mexican?

I hope that the FBI has every one of these drooling, repulsive sycophants tagged and tracked. This is fucking disgusting.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • She is an attempt to indoctrinate American kids into multi-culturalism.
    Yeah, getting along with other people is appalling! Our culture needs to kept the same way it was in the late '50! Them damn hispanacs can't take part in MY culture!
  • I'm so irritated at my History Teacher at the moment. I understand that taking a class within 4 weeks is filled with work and dedication, HOWEVER, changing the amount of work mid-week without giving any warning is unforgivable for this time frame. Each week, I had to write 2 Essays between 700-800 words by Tuesday at 1 PM. Today, I found out that she updated EVERYTHING making it so that I now have THREE Essays due by Monday. And they are just absurd in forms of how specific it has to be. It's like, she wants to me to write a research paper, BUT I have to debate about a specific topic with a subject that happened centuries ago. And the specifics on the grading of the papers and the details on formatting, grammar, evidence, and syntax is just...mind-boggling.

Man...I really don't want to withdraw from another class and I won't get back my tuition money, but I'm really getting boned over by this school. And Research Papers are flat out bullshit. I don't think anyone really learns anything from it, it's just like tip-toeing on a mind field, because of how easy it is to screw up and be called a Plagiarist.
  • no - she's legal. spongebob squarepants had an affair with an illegal mexicani immigrant here in america and she gave birth to dora - which makes dora a legal citizen since she was born in america.
    dont you read the loony toon times?
    This may or may not be a joke. It's so hard to tell nowadays.
  • I had to drop that class. Feeling very ashamed and moody. Patton Oswalt is making me feel happy though.
  • I had to drop that class. Feeling very ashamed and moody. Patton Oswalt is making me feel happy though.
    Just remember: Whenever you feel like you can't do it, remember that somewhere out there, a man had the perseverance to write and have made a movie named "Death Bed: The Bed That Eats People."
  • North Korea. Specifically from the article:
    "Firstly, from now on (North Korea) will regard the present situation as the phase of a war..." the North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said Friday, according to South Korea's Yonhap News Agency.
    Hey N.K.: Everything. You're doing it wrong.
    Honestly I think a Korean war would end very, very poorly for North Korea. Also, they seriously have some serious come-uppance headed their way.
  • Kim Jong-il is the Hitler of our times. Thankfully. He doesn't have the backing or resources his predecessor had.
  • Well there are lots of people who could be Hitler in the world today. The main part of being Hitler is being the right maniac in the right place.
  • edited May 2010
    Honestly I think a Korean war would end very, very poorly for North Korea. Also, they seriously have some serious come-uppance headed their way.
    Someone needs to gently tap these countries (Iran, NK, etc) on the shoulder and politely remind them that while we're not so good at fighting terrorists, we're really good at fighting a country's standing army.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited May 2010
    Someone needs to gently tap these countries (Iran, NK, etc) on the shoulder and politely remind them that while we're not so good at fighting terrorists, we're really good at fighting a country's standing army.
    I imagine US troops on the ground in NK would only follow a ludicrously overwhelming demonstration of aerial power by the US Navy and Air Force. NK may have nuclear reactors, but they don't have technology that can spot any of our stealth bombers or fighters. Not to mention AC-130 gunships. If there was any North Korea left after the bombardment, then SK troops would take it without much resistance.
    China would be the only thing that could complicate things, but I have to wonder how willing they'd be to help Crazy Kim's Wacky War Emporium fight a war they'd never win in a million years AND still come out looking like the bad guys.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited May 2010
    War, always the answer.
  • @GreatTeacherMacRoss

Actually, my worries would be such:

1. North Korea would likely immediately initiate a chemical/biological weapons attack on Seoul, coupled with conventional artillery bombardment. It is unclear (to me) what the practical scale of this could be, and based on the limited information I personally have, I would expect US forces to initiate a preemptive strike against all known placements along the DMZ in order to minimize the duration of such a bombardment. I believe casualties in Seoul would inevitable, but that a preemptive strike on a massive scale could minimize them.

2. Short of falling back on final fire tactics, it is entirely possible that North Korean human wave attacks could overwhelm the border initially (though would present little threat of occupation). Again, this could be mitigated by a massive preemptive strike against North Korean troop staging areas, but the fact remains that North Korean casualties would be horrific, and coalition losses along the DMZ would be nontrivial.

The US/South Korean forces would, if conflict were decided to be inevitable, be obligated in my opinion to stage a massive simultaneous remote strike along the majority of the DMZ, followed by a substantial and continued bombardment for a period (to continually disrupt attempts at counterbombardment). The bombardment would have to continue, including direct strikes against any still active North Korean artillery placements, until South Korean and US forces could be mobilized to enter North Korean territory in overwhelming numbers to occupy. China would have to, at absolute worst, be complicit in the planned preemptive strike and, at best, prepare troops for a staged occupation simultaneous to the Southern advance.

The key, above all else, would be to disrupt North Korea's ability to launch missiles or fire artillery as soon as possible and at whatever cost.
  • @Rym

I agree, and while I may be overestimating US preparedness, we certainly have satellite images of every single NK military installation. Mostly because they're the ones that, you know, have power all the time and they have no way of stopping remote strikes. I think any artillery from NK would be short lived at best.
  • Look on the bright side: if Seoul gets hit, we may actually be able to compete at Starcraft 2.
  • edited May 2010
    1. North Korea would likely immediately initiate a chemical/biological weapons attack on Seoul, coupled with conventional artillery bombardment.
    I don't think that you'd have to worry about artillery as much initially, more about missiles. Their largest arty pieces hit out to about 60 kilometers, and it would be hard to get them within 60 Kilometers of Seoul unnoticed, as there is only one small section of North Korea that is within that range - it would be very suspect if they moved their guns over to that point, and you can bet your bottom dollar that half the world is watching North Korea and the deployment of it's forces very, very carefully. They would rapidly be very, very screwed.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Young-Hae Chang's Operation Nukorea. Kind of old, but still pretty interesting.
  • CommentAuthorChurba
    @Churba

I agree with your point on artillery: my primary reason for maintaining concern is the fact that chemical and biological force multipliers make even a single shell extremely dangerous if successfully lobbed. Of course, we can also hope that the effectiveness of North Korea's remaining armaments has been severely compromised by lack of maintenance.
  • edited May 2010
    I agree with your point on artillery: my primary reason for maintaining concern is the fact that chemical and biological force multipliers make even a single shell extremely dangerous if successfully lobbed. Of course, we can also hope that the effectiveness of North Korea's remaining armaments has been severely compromised by lack of maintenance.
    This is true - even a single shell is extremely dangerous if loaded up with contaminants, which is most likely within NK's ability - and I don't mean don't worry about it - The initial strike would most likely be with missiles simply to get the maximum element of surprise, however, follow up attacks with artillery are extremely likely, probably more likely than follow up missile attacks, particularly shelling fortified positions or cities with rounds modified to carry Biological or chemical weapons. Once the initial Missile attacks occur, the most likely points for a counter-attack would be any missile launching installation, leaving the highly mobile artillery pieces a far more favourable option for continued long range attacks.

Also, It's extremely likely that they are in possession of man portable mortars with ammunition capable of delivering chemical or biological weapons - and it's a hell of a lot easier to sneak a bunch of troops carrying 60MM or 81MM (Or even an old 107MM) mortars within 3.5 to 5.7 Kilometers than it would be to sneak a larger mortar within 60 Kilometers.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2010
    Just fail for all of the creepy date rapeness.

I even came up with a new slogan "Pepsi, for the smart rapist".
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Just fail for all of the creepy date rapeness.

I even came up with a new slogan "Pepsi, for the smart rapist".
    Is that considered Date Rape? It's more like, idiots fell for stupid ruse. That's like a girl going "Oh, you are a race car driver? Hell yeah, I'll sleep with you."
  • edited May 2010