This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Jeans stopped my legs getting cut quite badly when I ran myself over with a golf cart.
    I assume beer was a factor here?
  • Turns out electric vehicles may be on when they appear to be off thanks to them making no noise when sitting there. Good lesson to learn while it's only a golf cart and not a car.
  • edited May 2010
    You remember Texas' decision to marginalize Jefferson in their new school curriculum?
    It gets worse. Much, much worse.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Govenment fail: The CDC was supposed to pick us up half an hour ago. There are about 20 scientists in the lobby of this hotel whose workshop is supposed to start in 15 minutes. Good job CDC!
  • Jeans stopped my legs getting cut quite badly when I ran myself over with a golf cart.
    I remember reading in the paper back home when I was a painter about a bloke who had a ton or so of steel fall on him, and his jeans saved his legs from being amputated - Crushed horribly, yes, but not amputated, and he healed up later on.
  • edited May 2010
    It gets worse.Much, much worse.
    I've been hearing bits an pieces and about people campaigning against this but seeing it condensed like that is saddening going on sickening.
    Good job CDC!
    Aren't these the people who are meant to be organizing things in the event of a serious biological incident?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I stupidly renamed a large file that I had download to the name of a file that failed to download, only to then double click it on the Firefox download dialogue box. Firefox tries to re-download, fails and also wipes the entire renamed file. Then my internet disconnects on me and only reconnects me just when I about to go to bed. Its going to be a sleep deprived day tomorrow.
  • Woman has affair, Gets caught. Loses husband for obvious reasons, cracks the sads, and doesn't do her job, leading to her getting fired. So, of course, She sues the phone company, because their itemised billing service on the shared plan with her husband was the reason she got caught, and it's clearly their fault that she was shagging some other dude.
  • @Omnu: Yup. Evidently, they expected us to walk. They neglected to mention that.
  • I like jeans. ...they make my butt look good.
    They do.

Plus, there are a bazillion different weights and weaves of denim. Some jeans are thing and super soft, some are stretchy and tight, some are thick and great for hard labor; the important thing is to find a fabric and cut that feels right. I don't like 95% of the jeans I see/try on, but I have a few pairs that I absolutely love.
  • Pfft, I go to sleep wearing jeans.
  • Pfft, I go to sleep wearing jeans.
    I suggest wearing Corduroy when you're driving, in that case.
  • So I'm apparently "in trouble" for having my feet on my desk (unprofessional) and being too flexible with my time at work.
  • The only time I don't really like jeans is when they're wet. Otherwise, they're my standard fare. In the future, when I have money again, I do intend to expand out from that a bit, since I also greatly enjoy the look and feel of dress pants.
  • So I'm apparently "in trouble" for having my feet on my desk (unprofessional) and being too flexible with my time at work.
    My Dad was ired for having a newspaper on his desk during his break, and it wasn't even his paper.
  • I hate the feeling of wearing socks in bed. Am I special, too?
  • I hate the feeling of wearing socks in bed. Am I special, too?
    No, I hate that sock on bedding feeling. Just ewrwh.
  • I love wearing socks in bed.
  • I have to wear socks in bed other wise my feet get cold and I can't sleep.
  • No socks for me. I try to wear socks as little as possible.
  • No socks for me. I try to wear socks as little as possible.
    Even when with shoes?
  • Well, you have to wear socks with shoes. If I can avoid wearing shoes at all, I do so.
  • I can't get my pipe to stay lit. This is becoming more of an endeavor than I thought it would be.
  • You remember Texas' decision to marginalize Jefferson in their new school curriculum?
    It gets worse.Much, much worse.
    ARRGH! I am getting fucking tired of my state. I can't wait to graduate, get a job, and then get the hell out of here!

Fail of my day: I have to go to court tomorrow. I have to turn in my defensive driving certificate. -_- I still can't believe it. 5 MPH! And all because some idiot cut a guy off!
  • I never wear socks at home but I'm not particularly fond of going barefoot outside, or even open shoes outside. I'm kinda weird like that.
  • I never wear socks at home but I'm not particularly fond of going barefoot outside, or even open shoes outside. I'm kinda weird like that.
    I'm in the same boat. I don't even own a pair of sandles of any kind.
  • Well, you have to wear socks with shoes. If I can avoid wearing shoes at all, I do so.
    You are speaking my kind of language.
  • I can't even begin to describe the giant sack of batshit loco Beck dropped while speaking at Liberty.
    You have to watch it to believe it:
    Linkage
  • I can't even begin to describe the giant sack of batshit loco Beck dropped while speaking at Liberty.
    I love how he said that god told the Pilgrims to be "good and righteous people," I guess the Salem Witch Trials could be considered righteous depending on how crazy you are, but good? Really? The murder of innocents is good?
  • Beck dropped while speaking at Liberty.
    Yeah...about Liberty...

Frankly those people are only going to hear what they want to hear like most religious people, and they want to hear Glenn Beck.